Growing out hair Vol. Dat Lusciousness

I have great genetics when it comes to hair. My hair grows thick and brown (Afghan), and when it gets long I put a fitted on and the hair curls over the edges of the cap, which everyone is fascinated with :D. I cut it recently because it is summer, but come winter I'll grow it out and wear a beanie to school every day, with the same curled over effect. :smokin

Great genes and good hair this way, been growing my hair 5yrs now" stoooopid long. In the beginning I use doo grow with durags at night.... Kept a hot oil treatment every 60-90 days or so and tried to keep it braided every so often but let it breathe for mths on end in between braiding. Hope this helps

I tried growing out my hair years ago, and now I wish I had this thread to help me with the process.

I left my hair alone for over six months and it got to the middle stage where it looked God awful. I ended up cutting it all off and getting the fresh low cut Caesar :lol:

Started from a shaved head and grew mine out. Took about a year and a half to two years to get it where I wanted. That middle stage is a ***** but its soooo worth it if thats what you want. I have Asian hair if that matters.

that curly afro X receding hairline combo over here.. 
smokin.gif

I'm going bald so growing my hair out isn't an option. I could grow it out but it would look terrible so i just shave my head really short and rock a goatee. I've had people tell me i look like Kratos from God of War and Edward Norton from American History X. :lol:

My hair is really starting to thin. I'm going to let it grow one more time to see what's up, and then I am going Stone Cold Steve Austin my head or at least keep it really short.

I have had long hair since I was 13.... 11 years now.

My hair is just like Troy Polamalus... My jr year in high hish school i cut about 8 inches off. Its just now getting back to that length I use to have it at. But NOW, im getting tired of it. Im planning on cutting it within the next month.

I know one thing..... the ladies love it. But im sure once I chop it off, Ill get a different type of fem
ale

I'm wavin' right now, so I'm currently wolfing until I go back home in a month.

I like growing out my hair, but I just get tired of it after a while, so I never keep it long for more than a year.

Plus the longer my hair, the more lethargic I feel :smh:

Last edited:
I always get to the middle phase. I just get so fed up with it looking
sick.gif
that I end up chopping it off. I'm at 2 months now. I'm just going to cop a few hats to rock this time around to hide the mess..

I've got that straight hurr.
the last two years i've gone short in the summer (1 inch/#8 setting on top, 1 or 2 clipper setting on the sides) and grow it out 7-8 months.
When I grow it out, it's definitely a period where it gets bummy (4-5 month mark) unless I really stay on top of upkeep

Dead cereal, Mane N Tail Shampoo helps

Last edited:
For dudes with regular straight hair here.. what's the best wax/fiber/pomade product with decent hold and little to no shine? Tryin' to get that front flip back bedhair look going. :\

Right now I've been using American Crew Fiber, I like it but it still leaves a shine a bit.. want something different if anyone has anything good to share.

Edit: Do you also use a blowdryer before/after you apply the hair product?

I've had short hair and just this year decided to grow it out a bit, it never does what I want it to though. :lol:

Last edited:
I am of the Negroid subcategory of human being, therefore I cannot grow hair like thor. My hair will grow into Afro-Samurai..or Huey from the Boondocks.

Last edited:
I was growing out my hair and while I was shaping up my line I messed up. I shaved my head and now im starting all over. I was heated cause I just got over that awkward in between phase.

If you dudes with long hair decide to cut it check out locksoflove.org
I donated my mane a few years back.

I am of the Negroid subcategory of human being, therefore I cannot grow hair like thor. My hair will grow into Afro-Samurai..or Huey from the Boondocks.

I'm Nigerian, and I thought my hair would look awful grown out. I actually put Murray's pomade in it, same stuff I used w/ I was rocking w/ waves...It looks great now...All the women who told me don't now tell me they love it

Last edited:
Im growing out my hair, i have for about 4 months now but it won't grow past 2 inches. and it doesn't help that my hair is thinning |I

anyone know of some good products to help stop or at least slow down the thinning process ?

Im growing out my hair, i have for about 4 months now but it won't grow past 2 inches. and it doesn't help that my hair is thinning |I
anyone know of some good products to help stop or at least slow down the thinning process ?
Head and Shoulder shampoo.

Seven months into growing my hair out and it's itchy as ****!!! I have to wear a hat everyday to keep the hair from itching my eyes. lol

Last edited:
sxc4lf.jpg

Getting my **** layered soon, its out of control right now.

I suggest just letting it grow.

When it hits that weird middle stage, just rough it.

I didn't touch my hair for a good 7-8 months before I got it layered for the first time.

Back
Top Bottom