GSWARRIORS THREAD VOL. ANDDD AGAINNNN NBA CHAMPIONS

'Preciate it fellas! Six years with the lady..It was time.

22stylez, I remember ya! Dog is 9 now :lol:, little old man.

Below is an excerpt from Lowe's newest article on ESPN. Love Durant, really hope he finds what he's looking for.

---------------
The Warriors enjoyed having Durant, and he enjoyed playing in Golden State. Still: They never found a permanent comfort zone together. Teammates and coaches looked for hopeful signs. When Durant and Stephen Curry sipped wine together for hours after a team dinner in Denver during Durant's first preseason with Golden State, coaches smiled. The two stars were getting to know each other, getting over the awkward stage.

But Durant would withdraw. He grew so quiet during the middle of the 2017-18 season that coach Steve Kerr summoned him to lunch in Portland before the All-Star break. "I don't want to lose you," Durant remembered Kerr telling him.

"He had been drifting a bit," Kerr told ESPN after the 2018 NBA Finals. "He's vulnerable. I felt the need to reconnect."

There was a natural tension -- "stylistic tension, not personal tension," Kerr said then -- between Durant's approach and the Warriors' beautiful game, even if Durant had the savvy and skill to meld them. That tension came to a head during the 2018 Western Conference finals, when the Houston Rockets' switching defense jammed Golden State's motion and coaxed the Warriors into more one-on-one play. Durant slumped. Critics howled. The Warriors almost lost.

But they didn't lose. On the flight back from Houston after Game 7, Durant sat next to Bob Myers, Golden State's president of basketball operations, and declared, "I have never felt more a part of the team," Myers recalled last year.

Maybe some of it was baked into the unique four-star construction of the team. The Warriors were too good for observers to discuss anything but their internal dynamics. Even well-meaning attempts at that discussion could grow grating for the subjects of it. Maybe it was hard for Durant to feel a part of the Warriors if all anyone could talk about was what he had done to the Warriors -- to the team's style, to its identity, to the legacy and standing of its stars.

It surprised almost no one that he left. Some within the team worried during parts of 2017-18 that he would depart after that season.

Some notes from the W's Summer League game.
- Damien Jones is capable to handle in backup minutes. But he's still making a lot of foul mistakes that hinder his development. I don't think he can improve anymore.
- Evans running point was good to see. I hope to see him make a major improvement this offseason and prove Myers than he is qualified to handle PT.
- Pool is practically Nick Young. Terrible shooting night.
- Paschall seems pretty versitile and has some range. I think he'll be ready to contribute right away.
- Smailagic is going to be part of the W's plans for some time. I think he can develop into a decent flex 4. He's aggressiveness was refreshing. I want the W's to have a mean post player who isn't afraid to dunk. And I'm routing for him because he's a Euro lol.
- Fredette did his thing and would be a nice option of the W's bench. I find him as a more reliable scorer than Cook. Hopefully when the W's finalize their upcoming roster, he would be considered a spot.

i think there would've been a market for him if he didn't go down with that quad injury.

I don't know if that injury is considered major, but maybe teams are starting to see him as injury prone?

he was good for us being on the team, but was he a dominant force like he once was?

i dont know, i'd resign him on discount....

side note: why'd they change warriorsteamstore.com??

I think Cousins needs to lose weight and show he can be dominant again. He currently looks like me in my rec league thinking I'm still nimble lol

I wouldn't be surprised if KD goes to Knicks later on;Nets is Kyrie's team. Iwonderwho wins a chip first Dubs or KD..

11E6AA1F-B845-4017-B596-A9BFAA81A235.jpeg

Soon

Crazy how the new arena is almost done. Hopefully I can catch one game there in the near future.

Alex Burks signed to a 1-yr deal.

Damien Jones traded to ATL. (Not surprised)

Has Livingston decided if he is retiring or not?

curious as to what Kerr puts out there as a starting 5 for a majority of the season while Klay rehabs?

PG - Steph
SG - DLo
SF - Dray
PF - Kevon
C - WCS

i wouldnt mind seeing dray play the 3. he's quick/nimble enough to guard smaller 3s (hell, anyone on the court for that matter). 2nd unit gonna need to produce. hopefully between burk, Poole, and GRIII one of them ends up being a gem off the bench like jarrett jack

Back
Top Bottom