Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

Mike b jordan RT'd the trailer, is he involved somehow?
Just a fan most likely. Can't think of anybody he could play in this.

Aint no black guys in space yet.
I remember John Lequizamo talking about how you always see Star Trek and all these shows based around humans in the future exploring space, and how the crew is always so diverse and multi cultural. Except no latinos.

I thought about that and had the straight Wee Bay face. Maybe Zoe Saldana counts, but she's really known as a "Black" actress more than a "latina" actress.

but she's Dominican so you never know you might get hit with that Ninjahood/Mero "I NO BLACK PAPI!!"

Julius F. Wrek

At least you didn't say his comedy is like Ryan Reynolds.

:lol:

The thing about Pratt is that he has a lot of personality and comes through as really likeable. He doesn't really have a specific "style" or schtick like Rogen or Reynolds or whoever else. But as a fan of PnR I expect big things from him in this role. He has the tools to help carry a movie.

Last edited:

I remember John Lequizamo talking about how you always see Star Trek and all these shows based around humans in the future exploring space, and how the crew is always so diverse and multi cultural. Except no latinos.

I thought about that and had the straight Wee Bay face. Maybe Zoe Saldana counts, but she's really known as a "Black" actress more than a "latina" actress.

but she's Dominican so you never know you might get hit with that Ninjahood/Mero "I NO BLACK PAPI!!"
I remember this and John is right :lol:

Let me not act like black guys aint in space, they just usually die first like horror movies.

Somebody gonna have to tell Latinos they don't make it to the future :smh:

View media item 812467
^He's probably gonna be the first one to die in the film too |I
I aint even want to say it :lol: :smh:

I mean dude he's playing in the comics rocks a red outfit and is light blue and is rarely used anymore. Don't know how big Korath is gonna be in this but I feel Djimon could've been used as a more prominent Marvel character.

I really hope the cheesey comedy isn't overwhelming. Keep it to a low amount. Or at least be fun like how Fifth Element was.

Don't know much about the comics but surprised a studio would dump this much money into an unknown franchise to many when they have so many sure fire franchises

Don't know much about the comics but surprised a studio would dump this much money into an unknown franchise to many when they have so many sure fire franchises

I see it as confidence. Marvel has had a plan since day one and they're executing it to perfection right now. You know they're on top of their game when they're crapping on all the other movie studios with such an "obscure" group.

Trailer was wonderful. It's just a two minute version of the leaked comic-con trailer from a couple months back. Many have stated that they've never heard of Guardians or read the comic but they've always had a corny tone to them. Movie looks to be INSANE. Expect for Chris Pratt to be a HUGE STAR after this and Rocket Raccoon to be pop culture's newest obsession. I'm expecting for the majority to be hesitant of the film...until they see thanos in it and the greater connection to the infinity gems, then everyone will swear they've always loved guardians and are hyped for Avengers 2 :rolleyes

^ exact thoughts. Pratt is on the edge or stardom.

This movie is going to kill at the box office

^ exact thoughts. Pratt is on the edge or stardom.

This movie is going to kill at the box office

I'm telling you man, people have no idea what's I'm store. There's a reason this is the final Marvel phase 2 film before Avengers 2....

Where's Nova?

I'm expecting him to be referenced heavily in this film especially with nova corp being in it but I don't think he'll appear. It would be awesome if he did though, he's be more or less like the Green Ranger to the guardians Power rangers but in a super douche bag, space cop form

Last edited:
Loved they used some NIN "Love is not enough" as the theme song in the trailer. SWAG.

Got me hooked just on that.

Someone at Marvel loves Nine Inch Nails. "We're in this together now" was the Avengers theme.

I'm NOT complaining.

Last edited:
:lol: You were just saying how obscure these characters are and now if you follow you should just know? Reading a few comics you knew there were humor but it looks like more comic book fans are complaining that it's too comedic.

I'm talking about people who follow information about the movies.

There’s a lot of talk about the tone of Guardians of the Galaxy, based on footage premiered at Comic-Con International and other conventions earlier this year. James Gunn’s space-spanning epic appears to be goofier than any of the Marvel Studios films released thus far, that’s for sure. But it also has Thanos as a key antagonist, and he’s no laughing matter — most of the time, anyway.

So, what’s the deal? Is Guardians a comedy, or a drama? The answer is a bit of both, according to Chris Pratt.

“I think it should be really fun,” the Star-Lord actor told The Huffintgon Post. “But, that being said, it takes the dramatic beats seriously. I men, it takes itself seriously when it needs to. Just as a whole it doesn’t take itself too seriously. But, it definitely takes it’s dramatic moments seriously. And the dramatic arcs and the bits of emotion that you’re supposed to feel something that you’re supposed to feel something that I think you really will. But, hopefully, it will be because it’s anchored to this comedy. Like, to the comedy that lives in it. If you tie comedy and drama together, than you don’t have to go as big to get laughs and you don’t have to go as big to get a real emotional response.”

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.c...ratt-on-the-humor-of-guardians-of-the-galaxy/

My only problem with the trailer was the headphones :lol:

But I guess since Pratt's character is from earth he keeps it old school with the wired headphones.

Marvel Cinematic Universe is set in present day right?

Last edited:
Why does guardians have to fit a specific category though? It's going to have a quality story that fits into MCU's plans and it's going to be very funny. Did you guys expect different?

My only problem with the trailer was the headphones
laugh.gif

But I guess since Pratt's character is from earth he keeps it old school with the wired headphones.

i somewhat expected them to blow up as a way for them to escape. 

he acts like he doesnt want them touched, they put them on and boom!

My only problem with the trailer was the headphones :lol:

Yes but Star Lord hasn't been on Earth since the 80s for the most part. Dude been out in space. So think about how you're growing up now and then you come back to Earth 30 years later and ppl are asking you why the hell you're still using apple devices when they've already moved on to the next gen tech.

Back
Top Bottom