Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

THe trailer had too much forced humor but this and 300 are my most anticipated movies of the year.

I was initially upset that they went with such playful lack of seriousness. I expected them to go the serious route they did with Peter's origins, annihilation saga, and arguably vol. 2 after I heard the lineup for the movie is most of the tortured souls of the guardians.

Now I am over it and looking forward to it.

Djimon Hounsou should have more roles. I love him!

Also all the character designs besides collectors are flawless. Especially Nebula and Korath. Did you guys catch the glimps of Accusers hammer in the trailer. So much was done right for this. I never heard Zoe Saldana so excited for a movie of hers.

They say Rocket is the selling point for the movie but I have a feeling Groot will steal the show.

If they are worried about avengers being too crowded they should have Ms. Marvel in Guardians tbh

Last edited:
300 would've been better without all the slow motion action scenes. My friends were watching it on blu-ray and just skipped to the good parts. Basically finished watching it in 10-12 minutes.

^You didnt like the first 300? Loved that movie.

Yea the first one.. But, I'm not sure this will be up to par

I liked the first 2 American pies, doesn't mean I like(d) whatever the crappy sequels they made afterwards.. If I hear good things then I'll check it out, but I'm not holding my breath

Last edited:
The sequel will not be up to par. The story started off like a cool epic of honor and glory and of course concluding in a badass sacrifice in Leonidas. Slow mo scenes were cool and after multiple watches they're okay to deal with, that's just Zack Snyder's style. He did the same thing in Watchmen and Sucker Punch.

Problem is this sequel doesn't have Leonidas. None of the new ppl added in interest me at all. I don't expect much from it at all. It should be pointed out Snyder aint directing the sequel despite contributing to the screenplay, Noam Murro is.

Should probably take this talk to the movie or movies based on comics thread.

Last edited:
Also all the character designs besides collectors are flawless. Especially Nebula and Korath. Did you guys catch the glimps of Accusers hammer in the trailer. So much was done right for this. I never heard Zoe Saldana so excited for a movie of hers.

They say Rocket is the selling point for the movie but I have a feeling Groot will steal the show.

If they are worried about avengers being too crowded they should have Ms. Marvel in Guardians tbh

No way will a tree that only says "I am Groot" steal the show. Rocket got this in the bag. How can anyone dislike a talking, rude racoon that shoots guns?

Last edited:
1. The guardians can understand him
2. Since he can't talk they will make up for it with animataion. Which means anytime he does something it will be more powerful.

Also I hope DC fans feel this blow. Wonder Woman is too confusing for fans? Marvel is about to introduce a 100 new species a complicated scheme with all of Thanos's henchmen. :lol: BvS and Justice League can just take the pre-emptive L with their weak *** casting

Last edited:
Any chances of Angela appearing in this movie? Would love to see her and Gamora team up like in the recent comics

pimp.gif

She's no longer in the Spawn franchise?

Also him and groot are so well animated. And they got the contrast right. They don't stick out of the page like many cgi characters do.

Is it too late to take back what I said about Groot stealing the show?
Nope. Image is self owned rights. Long story short the creator of this character got his rights back and sold em to Marvel. She got transported to 616 due to the Age of Ultron time disruption.

Last edited:
Any chances of Angela appearing in this movie? Would love to see her and Gamora team up like in the recent comics

View media item 812737 :pimp:

After a court ruling, Neil Gaiman who co-created her got 100% rights. Then shortly after sold the rights to Angela to Marvel. Now she's here after the Age of Ultron event and creators say they're big plans for her, some hints about how she's always been apart of the Marvel Universe in some way. She's been cool so far under Bendis' pen. She obviously has no more connection to Spawn.

I'm most interested in Drax's character. The thing that sucks about movies is that you only have a certain amount of time to stick to one thing and focus on that. I'd love to see Drax's complete backstory and quest for revenge to be shown. 

Zoe saldana's smile :wow:

I've yet to here Bradley Cooper do Rocket where did you guys here it? Is it as good as Greg Ellis'?

Back
Top Bottom