Guardians of the Galaxy (Film) - 8/1/14 - Starring Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Zoe Saldana, Benic

My memory is not that good no matter what media (films, comics, video games, etc). I forget a lot of info between individual issues of comics and find myself having to skim through the last comic often. I don't forget the tone. I would've stopped reading it if I felt it was too corny (as opposed to actually funny). Granted there is no way for me to prove I read it I can still say just because it is in the comic doesnt mean the film did a good adaption of it.

Last edited:
Why is it so hard for you guys to understand that to plenty of people, the jokes fell flat and corny?

No one is saying make a damn Oscar worthy film or expecting a performance of that caliber, what a damn reach.
laugh.gif

IM1 is still the best but IM2 and IM3 are two of the worst. RDJs execution almost always hits the mark in his films, even in IM2 & IM3, which I find him to be one of the few shining moments from those two.

What they showed in the GotG trailer wasn't that funny to me. Again I will re-iterate, not funny to me. It did feel corny and forced and the walkman/headset scene was almost excruciating because it seems like it is trying to be funny but you really don't know why at all. It could work in the film when you know more about Quill but in the trailer, it wasn't even slightly funny.

I liked the intro to each character, I was fine with the Jack in the Box finger but the rest of the humor didn't work for me. The best part if the collage scenes towards the end. Despite that, I am excited for the film and I know it will entertain, these guys are obscure enough that I don't think I will be disappointed if they butcher a character like they did with the Mandarin.

Now it's perfectly fine if you feel differently but I think others negative feedback makes perfect sense.
Agreed.  Even as a fan of 2008 team, I had no clue that the trailer was gonna focus on comic relief.  I found it a little corny but who am i kidding?  I'm still gonna go out n' see it, perhaps even a midnight showing.  I don't think that trailer will make or break the movie-- it has so much potential to be a successful movie.  No one is expecting an Academy Award winning movie here 
laugh.gif

Agreed.  Even as a fan of 2008 team, I had no clue that the trailer was gonna focus on comic relief.  I found it a little corny but who am i kidding?  I'm still gonna go out n' see it

See. I am not even the only one but agreed. Opening weekend for me.

Last edited:
What I'm trying to say is if you didn't like it that much to keep complaining over and over, you might as well not watch the movie. For many of yall this team is an unknown. I mention the comic simply to say if you don't like this and they're basically using source material, you should probably just fall back and get interested in something else.
what are you talking about. i said i didnt like the conry trailer. why are some of yall hurt over this?

What I'm trying to say is if you didn't like it that much to keep complaining over and over, you might as well not watch the movie. For many of yall this team is an unknown. I mention the comic simply to say if you don't like this and they're basically using source material, you should probably just fall back and get interested in something else.

what are you talking about. i said i didnt like the conry trailer. why are some of yall hurt over this?
You're the one that sounds hurt with your incessant repetition of "the corny trailer". Yall dudes been complaining for the past 2 pgs. What I'm talking about can't be that confusing. If you didn't like the corny trailer maybe you should keep it moving? :rolleyes

Last edited:
You're the one that sounds hurt with your incessant repetition of "the corny trailer". Yall dudes been complaining for the past 2 pgs. What I'm talking about can't be that confusing. If you didn't like the corny trailer maybe you should keep it moving? :rolleyes

I brought it up because someone else asked what was wrong with it. I get it, it's ok to bash the xmen movie based on pictures but nobody should say anything about this movie. K. And so what if I don't like the trailer? IM3 trailer looked good, how'd that turn out? The trailer isn't the end all be all for a movie. Again, why are you hurt?

Last edited:

I brought it up because someone else asked what was wrong with it. I get it, it's ok to bash the xmen movie based on pictures but nobody should say anything about this movie. K. And so what if I don't like the trailer? IM3 trailer looked good, how'd that turn out? The trailer isn't the end all be all for a movie. Again, why are you hurt?
You should be able to get the difference of the history of bad X-Men movies and a movie that has no movies before or if you want you could link it to Marvel studios decade long history of having more good movies than bad.

Bringing up the X-Men as a defense is a joke :lol:

The way you've been ducking and dodging I can't help but think you're projecting when you keep asking me why I'm hurt. Dudes complain and complain and then get all sensitive when called out on it :smh:

:nerd: Came in here thinking we'd all be together on this. :lol:

I have never read a GotG comic. I don't know any of these characters. I expected absolutely nothing, until they started hiring people. But even then, I just figured, it'll at least be an interesting mess.

That trailer, though. :nthat: Mannnnn...I could watch me a lot of that. And anyone crying corny, the door right there. If you can't see and notice the completeness of the vision. The details on the border and in the background. Things don't look like they're just there to look pretty in the background, or be good enough that you can gloss over them *cough Thor*. And it never felt like they were just telling jokes. It felt like they were explaining the characters and the rules of their world. Something every Iron Man movie past the 1st one failed to do, over and over again.

This is like the Farscape movie I never knew I had a right to hope for. I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't end up my favorite Phase 2 movie.

Some of yall deserve the Iron Mans and Thors.

Last edited:
^I am crying corny but I am not heading for the door because I agree with the next 3 sentences. There is a chance that was taken out of context. They might be some dialogue between "I am star lord legendary blah blah blah" and his face sinking and that would be a whole lot less corny. THAT would match the comics tbh. The jack in the box middle finger is stupid. but again I might be missing some context. "What a bunch of A-holes" is funny. The type of humor I would expect again. Wish they could say "***" tho.

Still my most highly anticipated film of the year

Hell I didn't see the big deal behind talking the walkman until they filled us in that it is his only momento from home. Before I knew that I hated the trailer.

I still have faith that some things that would explain the cornyballness of this trailer is missing (it just seems to me that Marvel is holding something back). Either that or the trailer has the only few bad jokes in the movie. After all Zoe Saldana has never been so optimistic about a project in the passed. I don't follow Cooper but he seemed optimistic as well.

That scene when peter walks in the rain with his mask :wow:

You should be able to get the difference of the history of bad X-Men movies and a movie that has no movies before or if you want you could link it to Marvel studios decade long history of having more good movies than bad.

The way you've been ducking and dodging I can't help but think you're projecting when you keep asking me why I'm hurt. Dudes complain and complain and then get all sensitive when called out on it :smh:
Ok man, exactly what am I dodging, and how am I being sensitive? You're the one hurt over a couple people calling the trailer corny. You don't like someone's opinion, tough. Nobody cared if you liked it and nobody should care of someone didn't.

Ok man, exactly what am I dodging, and how am I being sensitive? You're the one hurt over a couple people calling the trailer corny. You don't like someone's opinion, tough. Nobody cared if you liked it and nobody should care of someone didn't.
I said it to you before and you seem to just to ignore it at this point, good thing I'm not the only one that's said it now. Now you don't even know what you're dodging :lol: This is you being sensitive right now. Now it's nobody should care if you liked the trailer or not, then shut up and keep your opinion to yourself if nobody is suppose to care. Let other ppl actually discuss something about the movie. You somehow think I'm hurt because ppl don't like the trailer which would be false if you were paying attention to any of my posts about the trailer. If you wanna cry about the corny trailer do it elsewhere, we heard your opinion the first time around. Cuz all you're doing now is repeating yourself, aint like there's anything to defend about your opinion.

:nerd: Came in here thinking we'd all be together on this. :lol:

I have never read a GotG comic. I don't know any of these characters. I expected absolutely nothing, until they started hiring people. But even then, I just figured, it'll at least be an interesting mess.

That trailer, though. :nthat: Mannnnn...I could watch me a lot of that. And anyone crying corny, the door right there. If you can't see and notice the completeness of the vision. The details on the border and in the background. Things don't look like they're just there to look pretty in the background, or be good enough that you can gloss over them *cough Thor*. And it never felt like they were just telling jokes. It felt like they were explaining the characters and the rules of their world. Something every Iron Man movie past the 1st one failed to do, over and over again.

This is like the Farscape movie I never knew I had a right to hope for. I wouldn't be surprised if this didn't end up my favorite Phase 2 movie.

Some of yall deserve the Iron Mans and Thors.

I agree, I love Farscape and I want to see that world in the trailer explored at great lengths, it should def be a saga. That said, there was nothing funny about that trailer, not much context behind it for it to be, it's a ******* trailer. I know y'all are hyped, but chill, I don't even get why y'all are discussing it all geeked up. I'm certain the film itself will give the jokes life.

I said it to you before and you seem to just to ignore it at this point, good thing I'm not the only one that's said it now. Now you don't even know what you're dodging :lol: This is you being sensitive right now. Now it's nobody should care if you liked the trailer or not, then shut up and keep your opinion to yourself if nobody is suppose to care. Let other ppl actually discuss something about the movie. You somehow think I'm hurt because ppl don't like the trailer which would be false if you were paying attention to any of my posts about the trailer. If you wanna cry about the corny trailer do it elsewhere, we heard your opinion the first time around. Cuz all you're doing now is repeating yourself, aint like there's anything to defend about your opinion.

Again, somebody asked the question , I answered it. On this board I've said it maybe twice. You don't like it, ignore it. What more is there to discuss right now? That trailer just came out, that's what we're discussing

Last edited:

Again, somebody asked the question , I answered it. On this board I've said it maybe twice. You don't like it, ignore it. What more is there to discuss right now? That trailer just came out, that's what we're discussing
:lol: What you're doing isn't discussion.

A good explanation on the OG Guardians team (first couple minutes). Also the most detailed Guardians explanation I have stumbled across

Last edited:
One thing that got me about that vid is that it was Keith Giffen that wrote the main Annihilation event not DnA. They just did the Nova series for that.

It's a pretty good vid, don't know how many ppl will stay for all 20 min.

^I only shared it for the OG team. I didnt know much about them. Tho I know a few did pop up in the current comics.

Also why is Yondu's Mohawk white in the movie?

Last edited:
Also are the two events between Annihilation Conquest and Thanos Imperative worth reading? As well as Annihilation (the event before Conquest). Never read those.

War of Kings and Realm of Kings were both cool if you like the Inhumans and crazy space wars between galactic empires. Plus what happens there is what causes what happens in the Thanos Imperative.

Annihilation was great, it's the best cosmic event out of all of them. It's what started all other other stuff really. There weren't any other cosmic events before that (that decade).

You know maybe they left the best parts of this movie out of the trailer >D

I hate trailers that show all the good scenes.

Back
Top Bottom