Gucci Mane Says He Invented Trap Music, Not T.I.

MalcolmNewton

formerly ironstark
http://atlantablackstar.com/2018/04/09/gucci-mane-says-invented-trap-music-not-t/

Who invented trap music? According to T.I. he did, but Gucci Mane begs to differ. On Friday (April 6), Guwop posted an old photo of himself and made the claim that he originated the popular sub-genre, no one else. “The day I invented trap music,” he wrote in the caption, before adding a couple of hashtags.

As far as Gucci’s post, Tip has since responded and didn’t take too kindly to Guwop taking credit for starting trap. “Again, for the slow ones in the back, August 19th, 2003 birth of trap music, and only fools dispute facts,” wrote T.I. “FOH with that Christopher Columbus *** ‘Look what I discovered, even though they was already here a– sh–.”

I rock with Wop, and agree that the present day sound sounds more reminiscent of what he introduced, but TI ushered it in. Gucci fine tuned and mastered it, but Trap Muzik can’t be overlooked imo. Rubber Band Man and 24s got the bass that’s present in every trap joint today. You can’t give Zay 100% of the credit for introducing the piano into the equation because then you’d be forgetting Be Easy... which is still hard as hell to this day.

Both of them ****** legends, but TI undoubtedly got this one imo.

I’m a Gucci > TIP and Jeezy Guy.....

But TIP was the first to really talk about Trap Houses. That’s unique to Atlanta mostly. ***** been talking about making and selling dope over southern beats.....But Tip was describing a trap house. Not a corner, block, stash house etc. But a stand alone house in the hood where all this went down. That’s unique to Atl based on the infrastructure.

I remember the first time I went to a trap house in Atl in the Bluff and Vine City. It’s different than pulling up on a drug block where ***** is posted.

This is a different operation, feel and experience. Especially if you come from up North/East Coast where it’s more blocks and projects.

Since you all brought up ****** going at Tip back in the day, honorable mention gotta go to the boy Lo for that Roll The Dice joint . :smokin

Outkast and Goodie MOB was talking about the TRAP looong before TI or Gucci

i have no idea who made it mainstream

Master p was the first person I remember talking about dope prices. He had an album intro giving instructions on how to cook Crack ( :smh: btw)

Clifford coined the phrase, Gucci had it on lock in the underground, jeezy made it global.

They all should bow down to the godfather of the trap. Without this man neither the trap nor trap music would exist:

Screenshot_20180410-204630_Google.jpg

Last edited:
The sound belongs to Gucci IMO but hypnotize minds gotta be in the discussion along with jeezy

Outkast and Goodie MOB was talking about the TRAP looong before TI or Gucci

i have no idea who made it mainstream

I have to agree. The word “trap” in a sense of trapping was first heard by them.

“Trap Music” phrase was first by T.I.P.

Sound was Jeezy then Gucci.

But dope slanging music has to be given to UGK, 8Ball & MJG, 3-6 including Playa Fly.

Actually I take back what I said. When I think about who invented trap music I don't think of who invented the phrases "trap music" or "the trap." I think about the sound of the style of music.

I give it to hypnotize minds. There are a couple of albums I can name that have tracks that have the trap sound and some of them have the content as well before trap muzik. T.i. didn't invent trap music IMO.
Gucci over t.i. any day IMO but if we are talking pioneers, hypnotize minds got this IMO.

Back
Top Bottom