Gucci Mane Says He Invented Trap Music, Not T.I.

Jeezy had an album out before before tis first album. He mentioned the trap in some songs...but the sound was way different...even his flow.

Thug motivation 101 changed everything.

I have to agree. The word “trap” in a sense of trapping was first heard by them.

“Trap Music” phrase was first by T.I.P.

Sound was Jeezy then Gucci.

But dope slanging music has to be given to UGK, 8Ball & MJG, 3-6 including Playa Fly.

Actually I take back what I said. When I think about who invented trap music I don't think of who invented the phrases "trap music" or "the trap." I think about the sound of the style of music.

I give it to hypnotize minds. There are a couple of albums I can name that have tracks that have the trap sound and some of them have the content as well before trap muzik. T.i. didn't invent trap music IMO.
Gucci over t.i. any day IMO but if we are talking pioneers, hypnotize minds got this IMO.

riiiiiiiight.

sounds like you guys actually THOUGHT it through instead of the typical knee jerk revisionist history replies people are so in love with today.

Gucci wouldn't be ish if it wasn't for Jeezy hopping on that So Icy track so Gucci shouldn't be called the inventor of ish.
Like I said in the other thread, TIP should get all of the credit because he brought it to the forefront.
I also compare this to Michael Jackson/moonwalk and Michael Jordan free throw line dunk.

Jeezy had an album out before before tis first album. He mentioned the trap in some songs...but the sound was way different...even his flow.

Thug motivation 101 changed everything.

you could definiently tell trick daddy was jeezys favorite artist back then lol

Gucci wouldn't be ish if it wasn't for Jeezy hopping on that So Icy track so Gucci shouldn't be called the inventor of ish.
Like I said in the other thread, TIP should get all of the credit because he brought it to the forefront.
I also compare this to Michael Jackson/moonwalk and Michael Jordan free throw line dunk.

you can say that he wouldn't be ish without jeezy..but you gotta give gucci his props...during his beef with jeezy nobody was messing with him..now he gets more love than jeezy

Back
Top Bottom