Guess my dream of seeing a Good Burger sequel will never happen

9802.jpg

tumblr_lr6fm2coAp1qhbwiso1_500.jpg
smokin.gif

6317341441_c4810881c3.jpg

looks exactly the same
laugh.gif

Back in the Nick days Kel was funnier but ever since Kenan gave us this on SNL:

What's Up With That >>> Kel's existence.

Let's not pretend Kenan and Kel were the next great comic duo of our generation. They were cool when we were young on a kids show, and that's probably it.

Sucks for Kel

super overrated...kel is a generic nick cannon, and nick is not amusing at all, his stand up was on and all you hear is a laugh track and when they'd show the crowd all you'd see is old white folks with the stoneface, plus the place was super empty...but yeah kenan hardly does anything on SNL..

Back in the Nick days Kel was funnier but ever since Kenan gave us this on SNL:

What's Up With That >>> Kel's existence.
What's up with that is the single funny thing Kenan has done in 10 years of being on SNL.
I know that. Most times he's just wallpaper, in the background even when he has lines or a skit is focused on him. His scared straight skit is weak as hell even when using prison rape as humor, same for most other things.

But What's Up With That is hilarious and better than Kel.

How did Kenan beat out Kel for a spot on SNL? BS.

Better impressionist? bigger comedic range? A better writer? Producers found him funnier?

Are those questions or are you throwing up potential answers? Because I can't answer that (nor do I agree with all of those).
I'd have to say you're in denial about Kel's comedic skill or that it has seriously degraded. Dude isn't funny at all now.

I can see Lorne thinking he was funnier and I can see him being a better writer.

Was not aware they both tried out to be on the SNL cast or writing team.

Last edited:
Hey, if there's evidence of Kenan being better than Kel then sure, far be it from me to say who goes on SNL and who doesn't. I haven't evaluated either one or claimed to. I was just more surprised that the funnier of the two was passed over, but I guess I should have made it clear that I was going off Kenan and Kel and nothing else. If it's true that Kel has fallen off, then okay.

Doesn't Kenan host the Nickelodeon nostalgia block?

Weird to do that if he want to separate himself from the duo look.

Kenan is funny on SNL, son makes me laugh whenever he's on.

I think if he wanted to really go solo, he should change his name. Kenan is a pretty damn rare name to hear for most folks. If you grew up in the 90s and hear the name, "Kenan", 9 out of 10 times you'll subconsciously think, "Kenan & KEL".

lol i thought u guys were talking about the resteraunt

kel kinda annoying , 

keenan does ALOT of really good impressions on saturday night live.

kel shoulda went the nich cannon route

or

Lord knows that Kel is better off than Orlando Brown right now 
laugh.gif

Where's that video of dude being interviewed on the red carpet talking nonsense? 

Originally Posted by ironMike  

Lord knows that Kel is better off than Orlando Brown right now 
laugh.gif

Where's that video of dude being interviewed on the red carpet talking nonsense? 

Let's not pretend Kenan and Kel were the next great comic duo of our generation. They were cool when we were young on a kids show, and that's probably it.

Sucks for Kel

This. Watching that show now is a task. Not sure how anyone could still find it nearly as funny as when they were kids.

^That's really the perfect comparison. Kel/Marlon were always the wild funny dudes, and Kenan/Shawn were always the straight-man/level-headed counterparts

Back
Top Bottom