Guess the Guest Speaker...(Contest 20.00 paypal to winner) Winner is prokid404

Originally Posted by frink85

Originally Posted by prokid404

Easy... It's either Bob Knight or Coach K.

I think it's Bob Knight though.

Coach K is known for winning, He's a coach of the Blue Devils and he played at West Point.
Bob Knight has won more D1 basketball games than any coach, known for being a bad!*@ and his first head coaching position was at West Point

DAMN! after the previous post said Coach Knight I put all the pieces together to Coach K but you beat me to it.

1. Winning: obvious
2. He's no angel: Coach of the Blue DEVILS
3. All signs POINT WEST: Played at WEST POINT.

Give this man the 10,000 grand prize!
cosign this seems like the best answer

Kobe Bryant

Winning- 5 Rings
No angel - that alleged rape case he settled
All points start west- scored 81 points in one game and plays in the west.

reaching maybe but thats my guess

Awesome answers everyone. I get 3 opportunities so far I am leaning towards the following: 1. Bob Knight 2. Tommy Lasorda 3. Jerry West. A close 4th would be Sean Penn (he was in a movie called were no angels , won a ton of awards, and born on the west coast). After researching online I found Bob Knight and Tommy Laroda have public speaking events going for 20k-30k so it could be them. I took notes on each response and will pay the winner via paypal the day of my event. If anyone else has a suggestions let me know. Thanks again!

my guesses in order of most likely

Coach K - the blue devils thing pushed him to the top for me. no angel.

Jerry West - got second over Knight because........well..........i don't know. i lean towards a worse connotation when it comes to Knight.

Bobby Knight - all the clues fit.

I think I am going to replace Jerry West with Coach K...Question why do you think it should be Jerry West again? I think he only won 1 championship and lost so many times against the celtics.

So revised list : Coach K , Bobby Knight , third option I am leaning towards Tommy Lasorda (Won a lot with the dodgers, he is no angel he is a dodger (has quotes stating the only angels are in heaven and they are all ex-dodgers..all points start west is the tricky part with him maybe NL West?). Anyone else think I should remove Tommy Lasorda and replace him with Jerry West or someone else? Let me know.

Originally Posted by SuNiversal

I think I am going to replace Jerry West with Coach K...Question why do you think it should be Jerry West again? I think he only won 1 championship and lost so many times against the celtics.

So revised list : Coach K , Bobby Knight , third option I am leaning towards Tommy Lasorda (Won a lot with the dodgers, he is no angel he is a dodger (has quotes stating the only angels are in heaven and they are all ex-dodgers..all points start west is the tricky part with him maybe NL West?). Anyone else think I should remove Tommy Lasorda and replace him with Jerry West or someone else? Let me know.

We were probably thinking that since the clue had "West" capitalized it could refer to someone named West, but Coach K sounds like the best choice given all the clues

Originally Posted by SuNiversal

No I am not Anna most likely another employee trying to win...( I provided an incentive).

Yes it is suppose to be tough and not obvious. Last years clue were (this person is known to wear spandex,  person has incredible balance, this person rise to top has been rapid,) I will provide my guess tomorrow.
Pics of this Anna then?

Jason Kidd.
1. Winning: He just won the NBA championship.
2. No  Angel: Beat the stuffing out of his wife at the turn of the century
3. All signs point west: Was the point guard for the team from the west, the Mavericks.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

I'm impressed by the logic in this thread.
Same here very good stuff NT...I would have never guessed Coach K or Bobby Knight. If anyone else has any feedback let me know I am 97% sure I am going with:

1. Coach K
2. Bobby Knight
3. Tommy Lasorda

Thanks again NT once the winner is announced I'll take a picture upload it and send the winner 20.00

Thanks for all the support. I selected the right speaker and I am in a lottery to win some pretty good prizes next week. Coach K was the speaker and he gave an amazing speech. prokid404 won the contest, can you provide your email so I can send you the paypal reward. 

^wha??!

he said he thought it was Bobby Knight.
frink85 won. he said coach K first. and if you want to get technical.
i was the first one to say coach K was my first choice......but i don't think i deserve it. its not my original thought.

Originally Posted by xanadu one

^wha??!

he said he thought it was Bobby Knight.
frink85 won. he said coach K first. and if you want to get technical.
i was the first one to say coach K was my first choice......but i don't think i deserve it. its not my original thought.
nah prokid threw out coach K on the first page.

grats SuN. hope you win...do you know what the prize is this time around?

Back
Top Bottom