Guidelines for autographing shoes?

I might have a chance at getting a pair of retro J's or flights signed this week...  so I was curious if anyone knows if there's any standards or guidelines follow for placement of signature, etc.  I'm mostly doing it for myself but if I do sell them in the future I want to make sure I do it right.
Is it better to get a pair signed than just one shoe? Do people keep pairs together or split them up?

Is there an area of the shoe that makes the most sense? IS there anything NOT to do?

Player number in addition to signature?

I have a pair of og black steel 10s signed by Jordan on the heels of both shoes. I also recently won a pair of Reebok Pumps signed by Dee Brown and he signed his signature down the whole shoe.. but they only gave me one shoe
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Let them sign what ever signature they want.

If you can get both signed, do it. It will enable you to sell them off as singles if you wish to do so.

I have had MANY shoes signed by athletes. Depending on what the situation is, 99% of the time they will grab the item and sign wherever they please (most keep them near the toe area).

My main advice to you is to make sure your pen does not bleed. Try it out a few times on a similar surface. I have had epic fails with those silver pens smudging up helmets and shoes before.

rayray3thousand wrote:
If you can get both signed, do it. It will enable you to sell them off as singles if you wish to do so.

I Never Thought Of This... Very Good Idea.

Originally Posted by jdizzle75

Who do you have the chance of getting stuff signed by??
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

My main advice to you is to make sure your pen does not bleed. Try it out a few times on a similar surface. I have had epic fails with those silver pens smudging up helmets and shoes before.

Would a sharpie be better?

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Originally Posted by rayray3thousand

Would a sharpie be better?
I find sharpies bleed the least...  Silver/Gold paint pens look great on helmets/authentic balls, but have a SUPER HIGH smudge rate when the item is getting handed back to you (as the ink is still wet)

** I used to have a deal w my Mom that if I didn't miss a day of school that I could skip 'pro bowl' week and go to the airport to get autographs.  I would also get field passes to practices at aloha stadium and got TONS of auto's growing up as a kid.  super fun times.  sucks I can't do that anymore since my pride will not let me beg people my own age or younger for autographs
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom