GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Enjoy.
RMR - Welfare F/ Westside Gunn

This track is nice. Who is this RMR dude? He must have some crazy pull in the industry. I've been feeling everything he drops and he's getting crazy cosigns/features.

Conway restocked/dropped some new merch last night: https://whoisconwaythemachine.myshopify.com
EIF1 cd for $7 is nice and I might have to pick up a couple. Ended up getting the new era last night but I don't even know what the front looks like smh.

Man I like Eto! He killed his spot on that Muggs project and then the whole Hells Roof was crazy. Just saw he released something new, gonna check it out.

I listened to Flee Lord’s most recent project today and liked it. Gonna give it a few more spins and let it marinate.

I’ve only heard a few Che Noir features but I really like her.

I **** with Eto heavy too. His Elvis project doesn’t mentioned much but I think it’s one of his best projects

I **** with Eto heavy too. His Elvis project doesn’t mentioned much but I think it’s one of his best projects
I will check it out. I just ran through The Beauty of It a couple weeks ago and liked it a lot—not as much as Hells Roof, but it was still really solid.

I listened to El Camino's Walking on Water last week and liked it a lot as well. It confirmed my earlier notion that he's a cut below the Griselda trio, and he sometimes sounds like an off-brand WSG. But all that said, I still liked the project for the most part. One thing to be said about all of these dudes is that the aesthetic is compelling and consistent, and that counts for a lot.

I also just got through WWCD, which is one of the better projects out of the GXFR camp IMO. The chemistry and balance between the trio was on full display. Damn near the only thing I didn't like was the Eminem verse at the end of Bang, which was goofy and completely interrupted the atmosphere carefully cultivated over the course of the album—good thing it was placed at the very end. Also, that Kennedy interlude was useless and ridiculous, and Rae needs to spit a ****ing verse on one of these projects and stop teasing us with these intros.

Has anyone here copped any of Westside's merch?

even tho WSG has some nice merch , I just don’t vibe with dude. I like Benny and con but WSG’s self confidence is so delusional it’s not funny. i watched an interview where he talks about being the flyest and he was the first one to wear some balenciaga coat.
something about a mid/late 30s dude saying that seems off.

WSG is definitely an interesting character, his ear for beats is unparalleled though and all of his projects deliver.

So they hate the similarly and potential biting but not his actual voice? I dont agree with the Gunn comparison cause Gunn voice is legit awful, I just got used to it

Mystery Tee came in
DFF1AC16-DB44-4C6A-A5FF-6914B813CCEE.jpeg

I can see his voice being an acquired taste, but bout half of Pray For Paris pretty much puts that to rest. He really spitting on a bunch of those songs
when you listen to the old stuff he's clearly the best in terms of wordplay, etc. also it sounds like he was influenced by Raekwon moar than Ghostface on there.

So they hate the similarly and potential biting but not his actual voice? I dont agree with the Gunn comparison cause Gunn voice is legit awful, I just got used to it

I think you misunderstood me. Bronson catches flack because of the GFK comparison, not WSG. I’ve never heard anyone compare WSG to anyone other than repeating Raekwon lines here and there.

I think you misunderstood me. Bronson catches flack because of the GFK comparison, not WSG. I’ve never heard anyone compare WSG to anyone other than repeating Raekwon lines here and there.
My point was they shouldn't be compared at all. Bronson is being accused of biting, Gunn voice is literally terrible. Bronson sounds like ghost but his voice never literally hurt my ears which I've heard people accuse Gunn of doing

Back
Top Bottom