GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Benny is the worst at picking beats out of him, West and Conway. He's the Jadakiss of the group.

I thought the production was mediocre and it could have been better.
benny said that he prefers his production to be that way...
I feel what you're saying but I like that he at least drops a track or two on each project that fits the typical weirdo production and/or the dusty loops with no drums pattern that Griselda is known for.

I asked him about that awhile back. I think the only way we're going to get benny rapping over wsg's preferred style of production is on a wsg tape or group album. that track off of wwcd that wsg talked over sounds like the type of production you want to hear him over? we might have to wait for that tape or hope he's on the next wsg tape dropping jul 5th...

I need them to give rj payne that same style of production he rapped over on purge night and dirty harry. I think most of us want the weird stuff lol.

that's why I try to at sadhughold, jr swiftz (he produced big luther freestyle) and a few others a lot. it seems like its a lot for daringer to handle everything and although djshay is dope, working on made projects at the same time can be a lot...and these other producers produce in the style I think most of us rock with.

Someone explain the appeal of Westside Gunn to me. Not feeling son at all.
have you given FLYGOD a listen? he has the best ear for beats in Griselda (to me) and sonically is a more well-rounded artist than Conway or Benny. i can see how it may be difficult to get into his music though since he's a little more to the left than the others.

regarding benny's beat selection: i gotta admit that at first i wasn't big on it. there were some beats on Tana Talk and The Plugs I Met that seemed stale to me during the first spin, but they got better after a few more listens. i think it fits his style and the darkness of his records. still need an EP by Benny and The Alchemist though

Nah Everybody is FOOD 1 is ****ing immaculate. Gave Busta Rhymes a shot of steroids and he spit one of his best verses in years. Cant see how anyone could sleep on it

Ok I really thought it was just me. Bus really snapped on that. That album is his best. Production is flawless.

I don't mind 38s voice but I will say that Westsides voice is hard to listen to. It's an immediate hurdle I have to get past to hear the bars but I'm trying.

I liked Stabbed or Shot a lot

upload_2019-6-25_9-44-12.jpeg
Dam this hard

have you given FLYGOD a listen? he has the best ear for beats in Griselda (to me) and sonically is a more well-rounded artist than Conway or Benny. i can see how it may be difficult to get into his music though since he's a little more to the left than the others.

Agreed.

Gunn might not be as nice as Cons or Benny, but his charisma and presence carries him and it’s present in all of his music. As far as production, he has the widest variety of beats that ppl can identify him with, whether it be one w/o a drum pattern, one with a soul or gospel sample, or something that sounds straight out of the ‘90s. He’s like the livewire of the group, and I think you need that balance with all the technical/punchline rap you get from everyone else in GxFR. And he talks that drug, jail, and fly **** just as good as anyone else, IMO...

Amherst Station 3 :pimp:

For me, I kinda wish that they’d kept the core of WSG, Cons, Benny, Mach, and Camino for the group. These new dudes are cool, but their music doesn’t capture me like the OG music did. I get it tho...

WSG and Cons need to give us more music together with just them over Daringer, maybe a couple of features...

‘Griselda Ghost’ >>>>>*

Gunn's voice was borderline irritating for me at first but his beat selection is A1 and he's an above average lyricist so I rock with him. He also picks the best song tittles (Perfect Plex, Peter Lugar, Brossface Brippler), Spesh took me a little while to get used too as well his voice is just...different. But after running through Stabbed and Shot I became a fan

Gunn's voice was borderline irritating for me at first but his beat selection is A1 and he's an above average lyricist so I rock with him. He also picks the best song tittles (Perfect Plex, Peter Lugar, Brossface Brippler), Spesh took me a little while to get used too as well his voice is just...different. But after running through Stabbed and Shot I became a fan
Westside voice grew on me. I rocked with 38 first time I heard his project with Kool G Rap.

Back
Top Bottom