GXFR - Griselda by Fashion Rebels | Official Thread

Usually a “clean” version gets me tight but for the first time I wasnt
Almost made me proud to see these dudes do what they do but in such a public arena

Usually a “clean” version gets me tight but for the first time I wasnt
Almost made me proud to see these dudes do what they do but in such a public arena

This.

I’m curious to know if they’re wanting to crossover to mainstream - are they’re going to eventually create a song for the mass...

That if they want to go that route.

This is the type of **** that endears me even more to guys like the Griselda dudes. Having reverence for your forefathers and the legends that came before you. Understanding your history and the guys that paved the way for you and inspired you. Saying the thing that matters most to you (aside from eating, obviously) is having the respect of your heroes—and meaning it.

I remember watching a short documentary someone did on the Great Day in Hip-Hop when they gathered all those rappers for the XXL cover in homage to the legendary photo of the jazz greats in Harlem in the 1950s. And what struck me most was that the biggest stars that day weren’t the guys who were hot that year—it was the legends who weren’t even “hot” anymore. I remember some of the younger guys—I’m pretty sure it was Goodie Mob—seeing Slick Rick and literally being in awe, like unable to fully process seeing one of their heroes twenty feet away from them.

For me, that type of thing makes me like rappers even more because it’s a reminder that they’re just like us. These guys are real fans like we’re real fans—the music means something to them like it means something to us. The culture means something to them like it does to us. Obviously they manifest that in their music, but it’s always nice to see it manifested in how they carry themselves outside of music as well.

we def need a che noir/keisha plum/tionna track.
also we haven't heard keisha plum and an elcamino track yet.

speaking of elcamino, he said wow2 is produced by alchemist, daringer and pete rock (I think).

Screenshot_20200127-153213_Instagram.jpg

Back
Top Bottom