Gym Heads: Have you ever hired a personal trainer?

Pride aside, I'm not getting the results I want.  And I'm thinking a trainer can get me to where I want to be.

What do you guys think?  Can a trainer push me to get to my goals? or am I wasting cash?

Wasting money.... Get a friend to join the gym so y'all can push each other. Or make a gym friend That can give you tips and so on

I would never sign up for a personal trainer. Most of the time, those personal trainers look like they need personal trainers.

Everything you need to learn can be found online and in books.

Also, a trainer can't be with you 24/7, so in the end, it's up to you.

Don't be scared to ask folks working out questions about their routines or exercises. 99% of the time, people are more than willing to give advice. Even now, I have no issue giving advice or ASKING for advice. At the end of the day, you want to be better/smarter/stronger than when you came in.

Seriously, their like all over my gym hoping that people sign up for them and spend huge amounts of money on them. I definitely don't need a personal trainer. Everything regarding health and weight training is online, everything. You can lose weight or get huge on your own. Waste of money if you ask me.

One time when I signed up with a gym I got three free personal training sessions. I went ahead and used them, but had no interest in continuing with them after they weren't free anymore. The trainer didn't really show me anything I didn't already know or couldn't learn through research. I suppose if you really need someone to be there to motivate you, trainers can be good for that. But if you're self-motivated or have a friend that can push you, based on my experience, I think paying a trainer is a waste.

Originally Posted by lawdog1

One time when I signed up with a gym I got three free personal training sessions. I went ahead and used them, but had no interest in continuing with them after they weren't free anymore. The trainer didn't really show me anything I didn't already know or couldn't learn through research. I suppose if you really need someone to be there to motivate you, trainers can be good for that. But if you're self-motivated or have a friend that can push you, based on my experience, I think paying a trainer is a waste.

Back
Top Bottom