GZA goes off on Souljah Boy And 50 Cent Vol. Nothin Special, But...

Originally Posted by Tical 30

Originally Posted by mossman75

Originally Posted by youngjordan23

I don't really like 50 but GZA ain't been hot in ten years.

C/S

And fact of the matter he only has one good album to his name
Correction, he has one GREAT album. "Beneath the Surface" and "Legend of the Liquid Sword" are both good, and "Words From the Genius" is solid. By the comments posted, I'd say a lot of you need to go give GZA another listen.

- Tical.

I heard all his albums, Liquid Swords(which is a classic)is the only album i liked by him

what the hell since when is gza a top ten mc? ...i can name 15 at least better than him.

Originally Posted by haiti5

what the hell since when is gza a top ten mc? ...i can name 15 at least better than him.

I'll Help you

1.Rakim
2.Nas
3.Big Daddy Kane
4.Kool G. Rap
5.KRS-One
6.Common
7.Pharoahe Monch
8.Redman
9.Black Thought
10.Scarface
11.Biggie
12.Slick Rick
13.Ice Cube
14.Ghostface
15.LL Cool J(early)

I'll Help you

1.Rakim
2.Nas
3.Big Daddy Kane
4.Kool G. Rap
5.KRS-One
6.Common
7.Pharoahe Monch
8.Redman
9.Black Thought
10.Scarface
11.Biggie
12.Slick Rick
13.Ice Cube
14.Ghostface
15.LL Cool J(early)

- Tical.

I'll Help you

1.Rakim
2.Nas
3.Big Daddy Kane
4.Kool G. Rap
5.KRS-One
6.Common
7.Pharoahe Monch
8.Redman
9.Black Thought
10.Scarface
11.Biggie
12.Slick Rick
13.Ice Cube
14.Ghostface
15.LL Cool J(early)

- Tical.

your crazy if you dont think Kane is better than GZA? And the fact all these rappers i listed have a better catalog than GZA, lyrics alone dont make you acomplete rapper.

I thought the list was a lil sus, but those scratch offs are worse . . . When did Gza become better than Ice Cube?? Slick Rick?? LL?? Kane?? KRS One?? Common??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
but he isn't better than Black Thought
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I appreciate Gza contribution to hip hop, and I've always been a Wu fan since they first came in 92/93 . . . I believe Gza is deffinetly top 15-20 if youlisten to him, I can't picture someone with a straight face saying he isn't . . . I'm also a 50 Cent & G Unit fan, I don't understand whyGza's so mad, and if he's mad, why doesn't me make a good album . . . Or have another person from Wu besides Ghost and Masta Killa make somethingdecent . . . I love Wu but they haven't done #$#+ as a collective since 1997 . . . If they're so mad why don't they make a good album??

I wanna see Gza's face when the new G Unit album is 50x better then 8 Diagrams . . . Cause it will be . . .

How He sound salty and is hater? 50 cent makes fun of everyone all day and starts stupid beef, but cuz GZA dont have as much dough he sound bitter. Nah I thinkthat @!$! is true and funny and its high time someone said it. Liquid Swords is a classic and is better than anything 50 ever did. And he didnt really get atsoldier boy like that. He stated the fact that he is young more like an excuse for him being trash and making childish music.

dudes sayin hes salty because of money, blah, blah, etc dont understand why hes salty. if you follow gza you would know he really takes rhyming and hip hop seriously and personally. listen to any interview of him and wait til they ask him about his technique. he goes on for dummy long talkin about the details and subtleties of the art. so i sort of sympathize with him if he feels any which way about whats happening to the art he loves.

hes just like any other person. if you dedicated your whole life to a passion, not to get rich or famous, but for the love and one day after you paid your dues some cats come in raping it for a few bucks but leaving the art scarred, you'll be salty too.

Word. GZA is very passionate about hip hop and is rightfully angry that cats like Sould Boy and 50 Cent are raping the art for money.

You sir are terribly wrong. Beneath the Surface, Legend of the Liquid Sword, and Grandmasters are all VERY good albums.
I wanna see Gza's face when the new G Unit album is 50x better then 8 Diagrams . . . Cause it will be . . .

roll.gif
roll.gif
You've got to be kidding me.
Or have another person from Wu besides Ghost and Masta Killa make something decent . . .

indifferent.gif

I thought the list was a lil sus, but those scratch offs are worse . . . When did Gza become better than Ice Cube?? Slick Rick?? LL?? Kane?? KRS One?? Common??
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I appreciate Gza contribution to hip hop, and I've always been a Wu fan since they first came in 92/93 . . . I believe Gza is deffinetly top 15-20 if you listen to him, I can't picture someone with a straight face saying he isn't . . . I'm also a 50 Cent & G Unit fan, I don't understand why Gza's so mad, and if he's mad, why doesn't me make a good album . . . Or have another person from Wu besides Ghost and Masta Killa make something decent . . . I love Wu but they haven't done #$#+ as a collective since 1997 . . . If they're so mad why don't they make a good album??

The people I crossed off are there because they helped pioneer hip-hop, not because they're a better emcee than GZA. People just name drop the same dudesin every discussion because they feel like they belong there for some reason. I was going to type out a nice long response explaining how GZA is better thaneach of them, but then I read that last line
indifferent.gif

your crazy if you dont think Kane is better than GZA? And the fact all these rappers i listed have a better catalog than GZA, lyrics alone dont make you a complete rapper.
Kane might've been more important to hip-hop, but he's not a better emcee in any way, shape, or form. GZA isn't just lyrics, his flowis sick.

- Tical.

He should be mad . . . Beg For Mercy is 100x better than the last 3 Wu Tang Clan albums . . . That's his own fault that he and his group now suck . . .

Its a new day Gza . . . Your time has passed you by . . . We appreciate your contributions, but when your main contribution to hip hop was almost 13 years ago,do you really have room to talk?? Power Of The Dollar is quality hip hop, GRODT is quality hip hop, Beg For Mercy is quality hip hop . . . What the !%@+ has WuTang Clan done lately?? Dudes from their own group are saying their album sucks . . . You can't complain about the state of the game when between the 8 ofyou, only one is making good music on a consistant basis . . .

I can't have a serious debate with anyone who honestly thinks G-Unit is better than the Wu-Tang Clan in any way.

- Tical.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I appreciate Gza contribution to hip hop, and I've always been a Wu fan since they first came in 92/93 . . . I believe Gza is deffinetly top 15-20 if you listen to him, I can't picture someone with a straight face saying he isn't . . . I'm also a 50 Cent & G Unit fan, I don't understand why Gza's so mad, and if he's mad, why doesn't me make a good album . . . Or have another person from Wu besides Ghost and Masta Killa make something decent . . . I love Wu but they haven't done #$#+ as a collective since 1997 . . . If they're so mad why don't they make a good album??

The people I crossed off are there because they helped pioneer hip-hop, not because they're a better emcee than GZA. People just name drop the same dudes in every discussion because they feel like they belong there for some reason. I was going to type out a nice long response explaining how GZA is better than each of them, but then I read that last line
indifferent.gif

your crazy if you dont think Kane is better than GZA? And the fact all these rappers i listed have a better catalog than GZA, lyrics alone dont make you a complete rapper.
Kane might've been more important to hip-hop, but he's not a better emcee in any way, shape, or form. GZA isn't just lyrics, his flow is sick.

- Tical.

You must never heard a Kane album? That man is a beast on the mic. And
indifferent.gif
at GZA's flow, that's something he lacks, that is his weakness.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

The people I crossed off are there because they helped pioneer hip-hop, not because they're a better emcee than GZA. People just name drop the same dudes in every discussion because they feel like they belong there for some reason. I was going to type out a nice long response explaining how GZA is better than each of them, but then I read that last line
indifferent.gif

Kane might've been more important to hip-hop, but he's not a better emcee in any way, shape, or form. GZA isn't just lyrics, his flow is sick.

- Tical.

You must never heard a Kane album? That man is a beast on the mic. And
indifferent.gif
at GZA's flow, that's something he lacks, that is his weakness.

I've heard plenty of Kane and the flow category between the two is far closer than the lyrics category is....

- Tical.

Beg For Mercy is quality hip hop...
Beg For Mercy is 100x better than the last 3 Wu Tang Clan albums . . .

indifferent.gif

8 diagrams... iron flag...the w... beg for mercy 100x better you right you right

I'm one of the biggest Wu heads on here, but that doesn't change the fact that they haven't made a good album in 10 years . . . At the currentmoment, I'd much rather hear what G Unit has to bring rather then some **$@ like 8 Diagrams . . .

You can't win todays game with yestrdays points . . .

Since we are on this subject lets get this straight, what makes an emcee hot exactly??
Everyone has their own opinion of course so we might as well receive some responses to this question.
You can be considered to be hot if you sale alot of records and are on television all of the time along with major radio play however what is hot imo is what ilike and that is good music.

Originally Posted by YardFather

dudes sayin hes salty because of money, blah, blah, etc dont understand why hes salty. if you follow gza you would know he really takes rhyming and hip hop seriously and personally. listen to any interview of him and wait til they ask him about his technique. he goes on for dummy long talkin about the details and subtleties of the art. so i sort of sympathize with him if he feels any which way about whats happening to the art he loves.

hes just like any other person. if you dedicated your whole life to a passion, not to get rich or famous, but for the love and one day after you paid your dues some cats come in raping it for a few bucks but leaving the art scarred, you'll be salty too.

Word. GZA is very passionate about hip hop and is rightfully angry that cats like Sould Boy and 50 Cent are raping the art for money.

You sir are terribly wrong. Beneath the Surface, Legend of the Liquid Sword, and Grandmasters are all VERY good albums.

roll.gif
roll.gif
You've got to be kidding me.
Or have another person from Wu besides Ghost and Masta Killa make something decent . . .

indifferent.gif

Yup..... Can't believe people comparing wutang to gunit....

Yo Nay I know you a Curtis/G-Unit fan and I like some of their music as well but you can't compare them to the Wu musically, lyrics wise or overall skill.You said da last 3 Wu joints aint better than the 3 g-unit joints you named but can you honestly say Wu's catalog(solos included) is better thanG-unit's? This is what you said in the Lupe/Budden thread

I haven't heard The Cool or MM3 . . . But they're making the music they feel, if Big wasn't goin through his situation in his life where he was hustling and living life day to day, there would be no Ready To Die . . . If Jay didn't live that hustling lifestyle there would be no RD, so on and so on . . . Everyone chooses their path in life, music is suppose to be one of the last honest art forms that provides a direct reflection of ones life . . . If Budden wasn't in a record label limbo since 03-04 he prolly wouldn't rap about the same %!*# . . . Its what's he's been through, why wouldn't I want an artist talkin about what he knows?? If Lupe didn't read comic books, and do karate, he prolly wouldn't spit about the %!*# he does, their only human, all I ask is spit about what you know . . . If you from the hood, black, broke, jail, army or in school I know can relate to the depression Joe Budden raps about, and if your in those same situations, Lupe's music provides a mind freeing experience, so you're not left focusing on the negative . . .

Lets just focus on Lupe being Lupe
Joe Budden being Joe Budden

Now you really think Curtis and his crew are making music they feel or making music for the money. I aint knockin tryin to make money but strictly speaking for making good music from what you know these dudes are def not ahead of Wu in that category. Yea G-unit spits hood shh and that may be what they know but they gear their music on some pop shh hard body. I may not connect to g-unit the way you do but from a no bias stand point I could never say they're better than the Wu its not even comparable.

smokin.gif

How is he acting salty ? You cats expect someone NOT to have an opinion just cuz they're rappers ? GZA is the most humble cat I've met , if he'ssayingsomething it`s cuz he believes it`s genuine and real . You guys wanna give Souljah Boy a pass cuz he`s 17 ... you're telling me LL , Nas, Tribe,Mobb, De La ,Trag , Ra , etc..i can go own, weren't teenagers in the rap game ? You think dudes weren't getting checked for being wack just cuz theywere young ? This is a game built on respect and artistic creativity , not a Nickelodeon special or a Minstrel Show . If GZA wants to speak on other`s so be it, he isn't out there doing smack dvd`s flashing his guns and talking about selling crack then copping pleas when dudes come around .

Killah Priest in the background .

I'd be pissed too if what I created with my heart and pure talent was overshadowed by nothing but the crap that's being confused for hip hop thesedays. One of the main reasons I've just about had it with this music form, scene and most of the numbskulls who supposedly label themselves hip hop fans.Call is salty or whatever, but at least people like GZA have some integrity and heart in what they do and how they approach making music rather than how it canfeed their ego driven souls and fluctuating bank accounts.

Krs-one is a hypocrite on another note...

Anyways, Gza is a prolific writer and has right to critique anyones skills. Let alone him being a prodominant hiphop artist that has made a way for mc's.It's not like what he's saying is false. But thing is, I can't agree with the statement with soljah boy. Son is 17, he came up poor and just boughthis moms a crib. However ignorant he may be, he did his thing young. That's definently respectable.

Back
Top Bottom