H.I.D.'s....

is it true that H.I.D.'s (or high intensity discharging illuminated xenon lamps) are now prohibited for use? now that sirens (aka wangwang), blinkers, nautilus/stebel air horns are now prohibited in the streets?. just want to clear things up though.any inputs will be greatly appreciated.thanks!!!!!

THANKS RED

is it true that H.I.D.'s (or high intensity discharging illuminated xenon lamps) are now prohibited for use? now that sirens (aka wangwang), blinkers, nautilus/stebel air horns are now prohibited in the streets?. just want to clear things up though.any inputs will be greatly appreciated.thanks!!!!!

THANKS RED

my car got a stock HIDs
indifferent.gif

as per R.A. 4136 article IV section 32 - c...

Headlights. - Every motor vehicle of more than one meter of projected width, while in use on any public highway shall bear two headlights, one on each side, with white or yellowish light visible from the front, which, not later than one-half hour after sunset and until at least one-half four before sunrise and whenever weather conditions so require, shall both be lighted.

Additional lamps and light may be carried, but no red lights shall be visible forward or ahead of the vehicle. Trucks, buses, trailers, and other similar vehicles must carry, while in use on any public highway during night-time, colored riding lights on each of the four corners not more than ten centimeters from the top.

All motor vehicles shall be equipped with devices for varying the intensity of light, and the driver must dim the headlights or tilt the beams downward whenever the vehicle is being operated on well-lighted streets within the limits of cities, municipalities, and thickly populated barrios or districts, or whenever such vehicle meets another vehicle on any public highway.

as per R.A. 4136 article IV section 32 - c...

Headlights. - Every motor vehicle of more than one meter of projected width, while in use on any public highway shall bear two headlights, one on each side, with white or yellowish light visible from the front, which, not later than one-half hour after sunset and until at least one-half four before sunrise and whenever weather conditions so require, shall both be lighted.

Additional lamps and light may be carried, but no red lights shall be visible forward or ahead of the vehicle. Trucks, buses, trailers, and other similar vehicles must carry, while in use on any public highway during night-time, colored riding lights on each of the four corners not more than ten centimeters from the top.

All motor vehicles shall be equipped with devices for varying the intensity of light, and the driver must dim the headlights or tilt the beams downward whenever the vehicle is being operated on well-lighted streets within the limits of cities, municipalities, and thickly populated barrios or districts, or whenever such vehicle meets another vehicle on any public highway.

Originally Posted by efsfanatic

my car got a stock HIDs
indifferent.gif

see.that's the problem.....high end cars like bmw,lexus have specific variants in their car lineup that is equipped with stock hid bulbs upon purchase. my godfather was caught in San Juan when he passed by there last Sunday.  he was driving a high-end honda crv. 2008 model na high-end. i know it's equipped with hid head lamps. the police officer didn't believe that the lights were stock. now even cars that is equipped with hid's provided by car manufacturer's are being apprehended. it really creates a lot of confusion.tsk.tsk.tsk. 

THANKS RED

Originally Posted by efsfanatic

my car got a stock HIDs
indifferent.gif

see.that's the problem.....high end cars like bmw,lexus have specific variants in their car lineup that is equipped with stock hid bulbs upon purchase. my godfather was caught in San Juan when he passed by there last Sunday.  he was driving a high-end honda crv. 2008 model na high-end. i know it's equipped with hid head lamps. the police officer didn't believe that the lights were stock. now even cars that is equipped with hid's provided by car manufacturer's are being apprehended. it really creates a lot of confusion.tsk.tsk.tsk. 

THANKS RED

yeah..this will be very confusing..especially with stock HiD's..
new cars nowadays have those so i think this will be very difficult for them to stop..

they tried this before but didnt push thru..

yeah..this will be very confusing..especially with stock HiD's..
new cars nowadays have those so i think this will be very difficult for them to stop..

they tried this before but didnt push thru..

Originally Posted by ML500

^bro those kind of cops are really irritating. and what happened after?

he wasn't able to plead his claim.so his license was confiscated. and the regular s.o.p. stuff.hehe.but he got it back already.hihi. im also planning to install hid bulbs with my crv that is why
i asked these question to you guys.....thank you all for the inputs!!!!

THANKS RED

^bro those kind of cops are really irritating. and what happened after?

he wasn't able to plead his claim.so his license was confiscated. and the regular s.o.p. stuff.hehe.but he got it back already.hihi. im also planning to install hid bulbs with my crv that is why
i asked these question to you guys.....thank you all for the inputs!!!!

THANKS RED

@bullsfan: tinuluyan pa? i think they did that so that muhkang tama sila hahaha. and go for it bro! them hid's look best with projectors

projectors really makes a big difference but some still have HIDs without projectors. one example is the subaru forester. but i think the multi-reflector housing was made for that bulb as their 4.3k HIDs don't cause much glare to oncoming traffic. the projectors have a certain cut off and makes the lights a bit more focused on the road.

@bullsfan: tinuluyan pa? i think they did that so that muhkang tama sila hahaha. and go for it bro! them hid's look best with projectors

projectors really makes a big difference but some still have HIDs without projectors. one example is the subaru forester. but i think the multi-reflector housing was made for that bulb as their 4.3k HIDs don't cause much glare to oncoming traffic. the projectors have a certain cut off and makes the lights a bit more focused on the road.

WORD!!!!!!hehe. now i get it?!!! the subaru forester is equipped with a special headlight housing eh?sweet! our family also owns a honda crv that we acquired last year (Dec. 09). although we've settled for the 2.0 bold beige a/t variant. wala na daw high end. so it's not equipped with hid's and foglamps....the reason why i posted this question because i really like to have it installed with hid bulbs. the stock halogen bulbs isn't really that effective. btw, what is the color intensity of the 4.3k hid variant? is that the super yellow hid? correct me guys if i am wrong. but from what i know is that:

3000k-super yellow (best for fog lamps, for that J.D.M. look)
6000k- super white (the most common hid lights that we see on the streets)
8000k-white with bluish hint (really really bright!!!! can really cause glaring)
10,000k-super blue (ANNOYING)
12,000k-violet (can really hurt your eyes big time)

THANKS RED 

Back
Top Bottom