H.S. kid goes rally car happy wit his friends in his new impreza, loses control, all die sans driver

•  
  • Originally Posted by oidreez  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • what does where one live have to do with their smartness?
  • Originally Posted by pepperjackchees  
  •  
  • Idk. It shouldn't make a difference. That's why I'm asking.
  • Originally Posted by GrimlocK  
  •  
  •  
  • As a west-indian I think I can answer this question.
  •  
  • 1) what you and your parents taught you doesn't apply to ALL indians that are in america. I've seen a fair share of dumbass indian dudes in nyc.
2) there is many west indians, like you said, who do act out of pocket, race cars and do drugs. I find that it's a culture thing. While some west indians might share the same foods, religion, and traditional customs of India....we are not Indians. Our culture in south america & the carribean especially among the youth are really no different from youth culture in other places across the world....drink (rum), get a fast car to impress people you don't really need to impress, and fake it until you make it.

Basically if your talking about the indian west indians from jamaica, guyana or trinidad then the reason why they differ so much from indians from india is basically not just a want but a need to show wealth instead of actually having it because of the hard conditions especially in guyana some people have to go through, even though not as rough as parts of India, we have the accessibility to stunt when we get a chance. And on top of that as far as racing cars are concerned you gotta understand that west indians are born mechanics....I probably got 10-15 mechanics in my family.

But then there are many of us who figured out we don't really need to do that...in that degree.
This is definitely true out here in Cali as well.

Anyway, thanks for the sensible answer. I never really understood the Carribean/South American-Indian cultural dynamic, because they seem like 2 completely different worlds to me, so thanks for shining some light on that. You're one of the more knowledgable dudes on NT.

I didn't catch it anywhere in the article but was it in fact a WRX/STi or just a base 2.5? Either way I hope the driver enjoys whatever heavy punishment he gets in addition to living with the guilt of 4 bodies on him.

Rims and hood scoop in the pics shows it's an STI.

Its not necessarily the parent's fault for getting the WRX. You can't fault them for that. Wouldn't you wanna give the best for your child? The issue is more so raising the child to be responsible and to make sure that they are a capable driver before buying the car. He had a learners permit. He shouldn't have been driving. Maybe even not letting the child out at 3:40AM with the car. In highschool If you're out at 3:40AM with a WRX you ain't doing **** positive or safe.
R.I.P to the parties involved though.

It is though, yeah it's cool if the parents have money to buy the kid a nice car but you don't buy a 300 horsepower car for someone just learning how to drive. Especially to a young teenager.
Stop it. His parents had the doe and they gave him what he wanted. Its their fault for letting him DRIVE IT WITHOUT A LICENSE AND THAT LATE .But stop with that its their fault for buying him that car nonsense. Its on the parents how you structure your kids my mom coulda bought my *** a damn ferrari (not really) but unless i had my damn license and we agree on ground rules and curfew i wasnt smelling or getting anywhere near that car. Then again i drive 30 mph in a 45 . I dunno.

Last edited:
Something similar happened to this girl i went to elementary/middle school with a few years back. Stuff like this is really sad . RIP

There's been plenty of accidents where teens were driving a beater. Of course having a performance car such as a Subaru gives them more incentive to think they are professional drivers.

for those blaming the parents for giving the kid a WRX:

i'm inferring from the severity of the accident that this kid was going at some stupid speed. kid split his car into 2. i don't see how the wrx part of his car is what caused this. poor decision making is what killed these kids.

this coulda happened in any car. giving an immature kid a car, yeah i can see that being an issue and possibly skewed into being the parents' fault. the fact that it's a wrx though, i don't think that plays as big a factor in the driver's poor decision as some might think. he could've done w/e crazy ish he did and killed his buddies just the same in a corolla.

Peter Anthony, Chris Khan, Neil Rajaba and Darian Ramnarine — all of them 18, three of them popular graduates of Richmond Hill High School — were killed instantly and pronounced dead at the scene.

I mean RIP and everything, but who the hell wrote this ****? I mean......which dead kid you saying isn't the popular one?

RIP to the kids
tired.gif

for those blaming the parents for giving the kid a WRX:
i'm inferring from the severity of the accident that this kid was going at some stupid speed. kid split his car into 2. i don't see how the wrx part of his car is what caused this. poor decision making is what killed these kids.
this coulda happened in any car. giving an immature kid a car, yeah i can see that being an issue and possibly skewed into being the parents' fault. the fact that it's a wrx though, i don't think that plays as big a factor in the driver's poor decision as some might think. he could've done w/e crazy ish he did and killed his buddies just the same in a corolla.

True. But having a wrx versus a corolla makes it that much more tempting to go fast because its so much easier. Especially as high school kids. I could just him stepping on it to impress his friends or his friends asking how fast it can go.

Either way its a sad situation and I cant imagine having to be that kid, knowing that I killed my friends. :smh:

A lot of people crash (and die) on the Southern State Parkway. Everyone knows this. Especially West Indian people from Richmond Hill/Ozone Park, which has a strong race/car culture in the area. I know of at least 4 people, friend's of friends who have died on the Southern State because they want to race or go at incredible speeds very late at night and lose complete control of the car.

RIP.

A lot of people crash (and die) on the Southern State Parkway. Everyone knows this. Especially West Indian people from Richmond Hill/Ozone Park, which has a strong race/car culture in the area. I know of at least 4 people, friend's of friends who have died on the Southern State because they want to race or go at incredible speeds very late at night and lose complete control of the car.
RIP.
Dude could've easily drifted that. He forgot about the heel & toe.

I don't understand west Indians. My parents r from India, and we stress education, modesty, and respect. A lot of west Indians on the other hand it seems do drugs, act ratchet, and race cars. Like can someone explain why we're so different.

no.

RIP.
I know a few of you around the way remember this.

http://www.longislandpress.com/2011/07/11/man-25-killed-in-north-bay-shore-crash/

This is an example of how the whole West Indian Richmond Hill/Ozone Park Car culture is.

If it's nicknamed "Dead Man's Curve", they need to do something about it put more signs or more cops to catch people hitting that corner fast

Back
Top Bottom