Half of black males in U.S. arrested by age 23...

I got pulled over at least 10 times since I've had my license for Driving while Black... Even handcuffed and put in the back of the car once.

Never got a ticket or did anything illegal...

nerd.gif
dat ether

About to be 24..never been arrested.

However, it hasn't been easy, especially growing up in the 'burbs.

It's crazy how people and police will treat you like a suspect for a crime that hasn't even happened :smh:

My whole life I avoided cops spoke to one for the first time today most awkward conversation ever

I guess dudes don't know the hood is being patrolled more so than other areas...the school I work in is in a predominately black area, as is the case with most HBCUs, and we have another college in the city that is predominately white. 

How come the police can be found posted up in the parking lot across from our campus at times, but in the college across town outside in an area mostly white the police don't patrol nearly as much? But the same, if not more disturbances can be found at that college. But there is never a constant police presence near, or around that campus. They have campus police of course, but they don't need the city police to keep an eye on the campus as well. 

The police state started with Nixon, but Reagan set it in stone. 

Actually I think you have it the other way around. Ghetto's barrio's and favela's have little to no police presence which is why crime tends to be higher. Communities feel like they have to police themselves because they cannot trust or rely on local authority. 

The correlation between police presence and a decrease in crime is very high. Like you said more disturbances can be found at the college across town because that area is not policed as heavily.
You got this the other way around...in most cities i been in you can see the Police patrol the hoods and high crime areas.....wont see too many police around the nicer parts tho...i think what you are talking about is the residents actually calling and cooperating with police

So there are police in high crime areas which causes for more arrests. Because crimes are actually being committed. I do not understand the problem here.

25 no jail time...

leaving the country next week. May never look back on the American prison system.

Reactions: wr
20, never been arrested, stopped or even talked to by a cop before. Never even received a speeding/parking/traffic ticket before :lol: Never smoked or done any kind of drug. Will have my first real drink in 6 weeks when I turn 21.

Stay occupied with productive things and beating sad statistics like this will be easy.

Last edited:
Never been to jail, never been in handcuffs.

I remember back in 02 being at a family gathering and my uncle asked me to get something out of his car and while I'm in the car I see this cop car driving up to me. I got what my uncle needed and I closed the door, the cop gets out of his car and starts asking me whats my full name, whats my name on the street and some other BS then my grandmother saw me talking to the cop and came over asked the cop why is he asking me all these questions. The cop gave that "He fit the description" excuse, then my grandmother went off about they think we all look alike and the cop got back in his and left. I don't know if the cop was racist or not but that "Fit the description" stuff is BS. Some of these cops look for any excuse to **** with dudes.

25 and never been in cuffs, :pimp: .

im not suprised

All of this. Except I'm 24.

I have been in a police station and in the back of a police car because of driving with someone without a drivers license.

Ah man, our people are going to continue to get locked up because of street cred, ignorance, desired lifestyles and pre-judgement. Best way to avoid the pen is to simply, make better decisions for your future. Not every black male is in the same dire situations and surroundings but for the most part, everyone above the age of 12 knows the difference between right and wrong.

Never been to jail, never been in handcuffs.

I remember back in 02 being at a family gathering and my uncle asked me to get something out of his car and while I'm in the car I see this cop car driving up to me. I got what my uncle needed and I closed the door, the cop gets out of his car and starts asking me whats my full name, whats my name on the street and some other BS then my grandmother saw me talking to the cop and came over asked the cop why is he asking me all these questions. The cop gave that "He fit the description" excuse, then my grandmother went off about they think we all look alike and the cop got back in his and left. I don't know if the cop was racist or not but that "Fit the description" stuff is BS. Some of these cops look for any excuse to **** with dudes.

When I was in 9th grade me and my friends were held and gunpoint at a gas station because we "fit the description" :lol:

21, never been bagged by the D's.  I have been pulled over quite a few times though.

Back
Top Bottom