Halladay to the Phillies...

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

No way the Phils gave up more than 1 additional prospect with Lee (and it def won't be Happ). The bulk of the prospects are coming from Seattle since Tor/Phi gave up aces.

Phillies have been a step ahead on moves the past few years, they want security.

Nobody wants Happ, he's garbage.

Originally Posted by PhilBalla09

Originally Posted by StillIn729

Originally Posted by bjm5295

Trade an ace to get an ace? What sense does that make... Halladay is probably a little better but Lee was a BEAST last year. How do you trade that?

it's well documented Lee won't sign an extension and plans to test the free agent market, Halladay wants to be in Philly and will sign the extension

Halladay>Lee...and I love Cliff Lee

yeah and like i said we have some other big name FA next year. Werth and Vic.

Now all you got to do is get Jimmy to not play like a bum, and hope a guy like Drebek gets to the bigs by 2011

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Lee was lights out in the playoffs...Halladay is clueless in the playoffs, when it really matters.
Halladay has never pitched in the postseason. What are you basing your statements on?
Venom, Halladay has never been to the playoffs in his career. Ever.

frown.gif
very sad to see my fave blue jayleave. ill still cheer for this dude wherever he goes. he epitomizes class, hard work, consistency and every other good trait you'd expect in an athlete.regardless of the disgusting front office toronto has suffered through dude put in work night after night without complaining and always delivered. i'llmiss him in the powder blue, will try to catch any game he pitches back in toronto. hopefully he does great in philly. it'd be fantastic to see him win aring, deserves it.

after listening to Starks.

it sounds like

Phils get:

Doc (3 yr ext.)
couple of Sea. prospects
Saunders? and Morrow?

Mariners get:

Lee

Blue Jays get:

Taylor
D'Arnaud
Aumont

Originally Posted by FLINTGREY

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Love this trade for the Mariners. They really want to win this year. Gotta appreciate that.
Totally. Cliff Lee after Felix....signing Chone....big things in 2010!
Yup, for once in my life I cannot wait for baseball season
laugh.gif

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Is Halladay really that much better than Lee?
same thing I'm thinking.
Yes Halladay is better.

and I'm not enthused by Phillipe Aumont mechanics, not at all.

I'll reserve judgment until I hear who we actually get, but from this is certainly better than the poo poo platter, the Phills offered in the summer.

Trade an ace to get an ace? What sense does that make... Halladay is probably a little better but Lee was a BEAST last year. How do you trade that?
A little bit better?
laugh.gif

Lee got his act together in the playoffs, but he struggled in late August and September.

[table][tr][td] Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]Dec[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td] [/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]HLD[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Oct 1[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]L 3-5[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]231.2[/td] [td]3.22[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sep 25[/td] [td]@ MIL[/td] [td]L 4-8[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td] [/td] [td]14[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]226.0[/td] [td]3.19[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sep 20[/td] [td]@ ATL[/td] [td]W 4-2[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] [/td] [td]14[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]220.0[/td] [td]2.99[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sep 9[/td] [td]@ WAS[/td] [td]W 6-5[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td] [/td] [td]13[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]207.0[/td] [td]3.13[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Sep 4[/td] [td]@ HOU[/td] [td]L 0-7[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td] [/td] [td]12[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]200.0[/td] [td]3.06[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td] Aug 29[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]L 1-9[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td] [/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]197.0[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [/tr][/table]

Halladay has consistently pitched his way into the Cy Young discussion every year for 9 straight seasons. Lee has only show ace stuff over the last 2 seasons.He was a very mediocre pitcher before 2008. They're basically the same age, Halladay is only 1 year older.

I can't wait to see how dominant Halladay will be in the NL.

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

A little bit better?
laugh.gif

Lee got his act together in the playoffs, but he struggled in late August and September.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Score[/td] [td]Dec[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]K[/td] [td][/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]SV[/td] [td]BS[/td] [td]HLD[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]ERA[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oct 1[/td] [td]HOU[/td] [td]L 3-5[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.2[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td][/td] [td]14[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]231.2[/td] [td]3.22[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 25[/td] [td]@ MIL[/td] [td]L 4-8[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td][/td] [td]14[/td] [td]12[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]226.0[/td] [td]3.19[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 20[/td] [td]@ ATL[/td] [td]W 4-2[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4.0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]2[/td] [td][/td] [td]14[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]220.0[/td] [td]2.99[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 9[/td] [td]@ WAS[/td] [td]W 6-5[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td][/td] [td]13[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]207.0[/td] [td]3.13[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Sep 4[/td] [td]@ HOU[/td] [td]L 0-7[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td][/td] [td]12[/td] [td]11[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]200.0[/td] [td]3.06[/td] [td][/td] [/tr][tr][td]Aug 29[/td] [td]ATL[/td] [td]L 1-9[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]5.0[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td][/td] [td]12[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]197.0[/td] [td]2.83[/td] [/tr][/table]

Halladay has consistently pitched his way into the Cy Young discussion every year for 9 straight seasons. Lee has only show ace stuff over the last 2 seasons. He was a very mediocre pitcher before 2008. They're basically the same age, Halladay is only 1 year older.

I can't wait to see how dominant Halladay will be in the NL.
Thank you.

Cliff Lee should give back the Roy Halladay's Cy Young.

Back
Top Bottom