Halladay to the Phillies...

Still not finalized.

So they get Aumont who is basically a relief guy who MAY become a closer one day. If he learns to pitch inside and develop a better 2 seamer I guess he couldbe a good player.
D'arnaud is young but still showing so little at the plate but is good defensively.

Jays didn't get enough.

Originally Posted by koolbarbone

People are really comparing Lee to Halladay?

not comparing the two.

Comparing what Lee accomplished in PHI with what additional feats Halladay may do and if it warrants the trade of Leeand more prospects

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

If the Mariners FO is willing to spend $15 million more and get Jason Bay, they'll be a top 5 team this year

Not even top 5 in the NL AL sorry.

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

Mariners > Phils. Roy will not do what cliff lee did for the phillies last year
indifferent.gif

Since when were the Mariners and Phillies in the same division?

Roy Halladay's been great for 8 years while Lee's only had 3 great seasons. The only other SP that has had as good of a decade as Halladay is JohanSantana.
FRANCHISE 55 wrote:
Originally Posted by venom lyrix

Lee was lights out in the playoffs...Halladay is clueless in the playoffs, when it really matters.
Halladay has never pitched in the postseason. What are you basing your statements on?
What a bunch of horse !*%# these two statements are.

Prior to 3 months ago, Cliff Lee had NEVER pitched in the playoffs. How did things turn out for him?

Good pitchers perform well, regardless of what month it is. Roy Halladay will be just as dominant in October as he is April through September.

People questioning the logic behind the Phillies trading an ace for an ace? Well, how about getting getting the better starting pitcher in return? Plus, thePhillies will lock up Halladay for probably an additional 5 more years (reports are that they couldnt agree to terms with Lee) and Halladay may end up makingless money than Lee (when he signs a new deal).

As for the Jays...this team !%%*%# sucks. Toronto teams are all garbage. Jays, Leafs, Raptors, even our friggin' CFL team is the worst in the league andthe biggest university in the city wins 1-game ever 5 years.

This team is a complete mess and I fully expect them to be among the worst teams in MLB next season. Ownership doesn't care about winning, if they did,they would've hired a proven MLB GM to rebuild this team properly. Instead, they hired some former Expos intern with an Economics degree but no priorbaseball experience to manage this team. I'm not gonna blame our new GM for this trade since he didn't do anything wrong but there's little reasonto be optimistic when you have some guy who's learning on the job who's supposed to right this ship.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Originally Posted by Laced Up Jordans

If the Mariners FO is willing to spend $15 million more and get Jason Bay, they'll be a top 5 team this year

Not even top 5 in the NL.
Word, dudes gettin gassed wayyyyyyyyyyy too quick
laugh.gif

But I am happy they are pushing for the playoffs for Jr's last year
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I will be rooting for them

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

So wait...the deal ISN'T final yet?

What is the actual deal?

in reality this is all speculation until it's officially announced.

lots of different reports out rightnow. can't even get the prospects right.

I guess Ruben Amaro is serious about winning.

It's tough to lose Lee. However, Halladay could do even more for Philadelphia.

Lee expressed a desire to stay but made it clear he was going to test the market and expected to be paid fair value.

Phillies apparently didn't feel the math worked for them. Halladay, reportedly, would sign an extension with Philly for less money over the life of thecontract.

Great pitcher + workable contract = good deal.

Welcome to Philly, Roy.

Phillies
glasses.gif

Dear Roy Halladay,

Us Toronto Blue Jay fans will miss you. We appreciate all your efforts, and thank you for being a class act to the city, fans, and organization of Toronto.Best of luck in Philly. Tough to see ya go. And we sincerely apologize for the ******ation of a front office that you had to deal with over the past number ofyears.

Sincerely,
All Toronto Blue Jay fans across Canada

Originally Posted by CincoSeisDos

Originally Posted by Mr DragonFly Jones

So wait...the deal ISN'T final yet?

What is the actual deal?

in reality this is all speculation until it's officially announced.

lots of different reports out rightnow. can't even get the prospects right.
I see. I've heard so many different deals it's driving me nuts.
tired.gif

Originally Posted by Al3xis

Originally Posted by cleansneaksonly21

Is Halladay really that much better than Lee?
same thing I'm thinking.
It goes a bit deeper than that...number one, yes Halladay has been more dominant in his career, hes THE most dominant SP in the regular seasonsince 2002 pitching in the best hitting division in baseball. Hes not THAT much better, but hes better. Number two, Cliff Lee stated he was gonna test the freeagent market and stated he was looking for CC type numbers which scared the Phillies.

So what they did is trade for the better ace, locked him up for a comfortable amount of years/money and now we'll see what else they gave up/got back inreturn. Just the aspect of swapping the 2 aces make a lot of sense though. As long as they didn't somehow give up a blue chip or 2 and didn't getanything back to compensate for it which is highly unlikely anyway, they won on this one. Hard to say they won't be back in the fall classic for the 3rdstraight year. Mad respect to the Phillies front office.

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Originally Posted by venom lyrix

the biggest factor in this trade is Halladay is not a playoff pitchers.

Lee was lights out in the playoffs...Halladay is clueless in the playoffs, when it really matters.

Halladay is better than Lee though...
Halladay has never pitched in the postseason. What are you basing your statements on?
Dude was probably just trying to impress us all with his vast knowledge.

lol Anyways, Lee was amazing in the playoffs but Doc is the best pitcher in baseball.

I'm actually happy but its like why the flip didn't you do this trade last year since its for basically most of the same cats from last summer.? Leelooking for that CC money dang but I really wish we could have had that Lee, Halladay, Hamels rotation for 1 year. After we got Lee I was dreaming like funk itgive Toronto the prospects and get Roy and it almost happened. Well thanks Lee and lets go Roy. Now only if 08 Hammels returns we have a good 2/3 yr windowbefore this team is going to get broken up cause of salary.

Looking at Toronto's point of view...
how are the prospects Michael Taylor, Travis d'Arnaud and Kyle Drabek?
All I know is Michael Taylor is one of their better offensive prospects.. and the dude is big at 6'6 - 250lbs.

Back
Top Bottom