Halo | Paramount+ | Thursday

Ehh. 1st two episodes not gripping me. I'll binge the season when it's over. I can tell there's a larger story but it's not done in a way to draw me in week to week.

Got P+ just for my kids to have Paw Patrol & the Sonic movie on heavy rotation so I'll binge when this season's done. Nothing I've heard makes this a must watch every week. How many eps. are slated for Season 1 anyway?

Just finished the second ep. Surprised that the show is pretty good. The cgi and visuals look great.

This show is good, it deviates away from the video game story so it's going to irk alot of fans. Also, I didn't expect how gory it would be.

Should have never happened. They just won't let Halo die it's peaceful death that it should have had post Halo 3
tumblr_ms2mvpqAiV1rgbmv5o1_500.gif

Posted this in the Netflix thread. I am positive on the show by only two real gripes...

I can nitpick the show all day but I don't think it is fair given they are upfront about needing artistic freedom. But two things I think they ****ed up on plainly...

-The Covenant should speak English to one another. They did in the games. They were mysterious and cool because of their great voice acting. Then speaking in their alien languages just seems unnecessary and voice acting comes off as flat.

-My issue is the age difference between Chief and Halsey. Pablo is cool, but the age difference between him and the actress playing Halsey is only 9 years and some change. The actress looks young for her age too (52, so they look even closer in age.

But the thing is, in the games/books, Halsey is like between 18-20 years older than Master Chief. If they changed their backstory it would make sense, but it seems her backstory with Chief and his development is still the same. So the weird mother-son relationship they have doesn't come off right

I think making the Elites speak their own language and being seemingly bullet-proof to small arms demonizes them even more for people who aren't too familiar with Halo. I think the creators want to introduce the Covenant as menacing and cold-blooded invaders, hence why they didn't introduce the Grunts yet. :lol:

I think making the Elites speak their own language and being seemingly bullet-proof to small arms demonizes them even more for people who aren't too familiar with Halo. I think the creators want to introduce the Covenant as menacing and cold-blooded invaders, hence why they didn't introduce the Grunts yet. :lol:
I have more of an issue with the Prophets not speaking English. They meant to be highly intelligent and cunning. That really doesn't come through.

I have more of an issue with the Prophets not speaking English. They meant to be highly intelligent and cunning. That really doesn't come through.
I agree, especially since the they're interacting with a human.

Overall, I'm really digging the show and I'm glade they deviated away from the video games story so it could keep me guessing.

Last edited:
I really like the show so far, it’s taking me back. I was really into Halo 1 & 2 back in the day. I’m pretty sure we contributed to crashing the university’s internet a few times playing H1 multiplayer freshman year. The system was upgraded when we returned sophmore year lol. Had some really epic multiplayer battles when H2 came out.

I’m glad I don’t remember much of the storyline from the games so I can just enjoy.

3rd episode was good. The doctor making a clone of herself then melting it to make a holographic a.i. for master chief was weird.

Yeah this was a mistake.

I used to be one of those who would want the alien cultures in sci fi to speak their own language and not magically be able to understand each other with some chip or something, but it takes you out of it going back and forth in extended dialogue.

The campaigns made them seem like drugged out **** boys who anointed themselves

Back
Top Bottom