Happy 17th birthday NikeTalk!!

Nice post from Meth

Proud to have spent 13 years on this board :D

Before I had an official account, I remember being 11 years old checking Nike Park at the library printing pics of unreleased Air Jordan XIII's with Chinese script

Made some good friends and actually learned a lot here. Hope to see the community continue to grow

*sidenote*

is this a hint at the NT snap backs? :nerd:

View media item 2257821

Last edited:
Nice post from Meth

Before I had an official account, I remember being 11 years old checking Nike Park at the library printing pics of unreleased Air Jordan XIII's with Chinese script

Made some good friends and actually learned a lot here. Hope to see the community continue to grow

*sidenote*

View media item 2257821

Things that make you go, hmmmm.

:lol:

It's all good though. Nice pics, ideas and thoughts goin around to make up for the foolery.

*sidenote*

is this a hint at the NT snap backs?
nerd.gif
A hint?  I didn't think I was being that subtle.  

We deserved better than impostors.  We deserved better than trolling.  We deserved better than White Supremacist hate speech.  We deserved better than disrespect.  
........umm
Unless you're pre-screening every single post and edit, the potential for abuse will exist. 

If you take those statements in context, the point I've made is that change requires action.  If you actually care about helping us curb any of those behaviors, act like it.  I don't think those things have any place in our community, and that's why I've dedicated my time every single day for the past 6,210 days to try and make a difference.  

Social media sites with far, far more resources than NikeTalk have done little besides pay lip service to the scourge of online abuse.  There are whole sections on some of these networks that serve as staging grounds for hate groups, for example.  Meanwhile, we're actively banning those accounts - and we have our dedicated volunteers and our fellow community members to thank for that.  

NikeTalk is what we all have made of it.    If it's informative, it's because people chose to share what they know with the community.  If it's funny, it's because people chose to share their sense of humor with the community.  If it's respectful, it's because people made the effort to hold themselves and each other to that standard. 

Last edited:
Discovered nt in like 7th/8th grade. I remember losing my virginity, stunting on black planet and lurking nt that whole summer

Damn 17 years. I found this site randomly in like 2010 & decided to join in 2011 after another forum i was on closed. This place has been awesome ever since. Who needs social media when ya got NT :nthat:

Nice post from Meth

*sidenote*

View media item 2257821

Things that make you go, hmmmm.

DONT PLAY WITH OUR EMOTIONS

Last edited:
I got my first name around 04-05

fresh10dot5

What a stupid name for a stupid kid 
laugh.gif

I have learned a lot of invaluable information from this website since then. 

I can honestly say that if there were only one website I could use on the web...  this would be it. 

Thanks NT staff and members. 

...lurking since around 01-02. Can't believe before I stumbled on this site is was checking sites like air23jordan.com, etc for "new" joints. Burberry jordans, fakes on fakes needed verification before I did anything...then I found NIKETALK. Happy BDAY!!!!

My best pickup at the time due to lurking, I was feeling myself...but without the hoodie and I think a hatView media item 2258368Somebody said they were at the Galeria in white plains, left my job told shorty to drive me up, there were 2 left. Got looks for months.

Last edited:
happy birthday to the best online forum. lurked for a year before i joined. have had some great conversations with some good people. whether its sports, movies, sneakers or nothing, its been a joy. cheers to another 17 yrs.

happy birthday to the best online forum. lurked for a year before i joined. have had some great conversations with some good people. whether its sports, movies, sneakers or nothing, its been a joy. cheers to another 17 yrs.

mariota torching da broncos doe :nerd:

Last edited:
Damn. With this sn since 05. Been on for a while. NT helped expand my mind and taught me to think out of the box when it came to certain topics.

Helped turn me into the man I am today. Thanks guys and thanks Niketalk

Back
Top Bottom