HARRY POTTER Film/TV Series Thread- RIP Michael Gambon / Dumbledore

I think moving forward the series could be salvaged if Rowling works with a scriptwriter instead of writing her own script.

God knows I've loved her books. And fantastic beasts 1 was not a bad movie at all for a beginning scriptwriter but she was really unable to put together a coherent movie for the sequel.

Maybe if they had given her more time to put together the sequel it might've came out better? I know when she was writing the hp books she worked on her own schedule. There were years in between books.

But the turnaround for the sequel might've been too much for her?

She had good ideas for ff2 but it was the execution that was lacking.

i just think the movie was made with too much of the upcoming 3 movies in mind

it tried to set up too much in a little time so it's like twist after twist after twist that jk set up for future films to be resolved but it ends up being a mess

its really not all bad though because i feel like moving forward, things unravels and it becomes resolved it'll be more of a focused film

i do wish they would have dedicated one film to younger grindelwald and dumbledore and how those two came to be friends and enemies, i mean they still could by making the 3rd film a sequel/flashback that is one relationship/dynamic that is most interesting in the potterverse outside of harry himself

Boring *** movie. Worst thing is that this originally planned trilogy now feels stretched into five films. One can honestly skip this one by reading the wiki.

You could tell this movie was written almost as if it was meant to be a book with a few scenes and especially the 3rd act :lol:

I still enjoyed it

Fantastic Beasts 2 -- 4 / 8

- This movie was all over the damn place with multiple subplots
- Depp and Law killed their roles -- I saw flashes of prime Depp here: super charismatic and incredible presence
- Hard not to root for Grindelwald here -- he's way more dangerous than Voldemort and has a point/message
- Both Queenie and Jacob are annoying characters
- The twist in the end? Y'all think it's true or nah?

- The twist in the end? Y'all think it's true or nah?

giphy.gif

Don’t think it’s true probably a red herring. Maybe Ariana’s obscurus attached itself to young Credence making him a faux Dumbledore?

It'll go one of two ways; he is a Dumbledore and J.K. will give the complicated explanation to what happened to him at birth and not being raised by his family despite still being named or its a Grindlewald ruse to control him and J.K. is going to give an even more complicated reasoning behind that and then the actual reveal of who the **** he is :lol:

Last edited:
Sweet jesus this was VERY dissapointing

Gellert pretendin to be Trump at a rally
Blue flames vs orange flames
DCEU Flash shoots a hadoken
Credits
:lol: **** seemed wild rushed

Back when he was cast was before the problems with Heard.

No reason to replace him now.

I read one review by this bias chick that said Fantastic Beasts 2 was bad because of Depp :lol:

Went in trying to claim his performance was bad compared to his other work.

Last edited:
The third Fantastic Beasts film confirms new details including cast members and location

The third instalment of the Fantastic Beasts series has been greenlit, with production confirmed to start in Spring 2020. Here is everything you need to know so far.

Fancy another Fantastic Beasts film? Well, it’s our pleasure to announce that pre-production on the third chapter is officially underway. Here are some new details, including the cast, the production team, and a rather special new location.

Many of the characters you know and love from the first two Fantastic Beasts films will be back for the next adventure in a cast led by Eddie Redmayne as Newt Scamander, Jude Law as Albus Dumbledore and Johnny Depp as Gellert Grindelwald along with Ezra Miller (Credence/Aurelius Dumbledore), Alison Sudol (Queenie Goldstein), Dan Fogler (Jacob Kowalski) and Katherine Waterston (Tina Goldstein).

Comedian and actor Jessica Williams, who was featured briefly in Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, will have a bigger role in this film. Stay tuned to learn more about her character, Professor Eulalie 'Lally' Hicks, a teacher at Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, the American equivalent of Hogwarts.

The film will once again be directed by David Yates and will reunite producers David Heyman, J.K. Rowling, Steve Kloves, Lionel Wigram and Tim Lewis, along with executive producers Neil Blair, Danny Cohen, Josh Berger and Courtenay Valenti. The screenplay will be written by J.K. Rowling and Steve Kloves.

As with the first two films, the third will take us to new continents, exploring wizarding cultures across the globe. The first Fantastic Beasts film introduced us to American wizarding life in 1927 New York, the second took us to Paris, and we can now reveal that the third film will officially be visiting... Rio de Janeiro, Brazil!

This location-reveal follows on from J.K. Rowling’s mysterious Twitter header last year and confirms that she was indeed referring to Brazil as one of the main destinations in the third Fantastic Beasts.

The as yet un-named third instalment of Fantastic Beasts will start production in Spring 2020. The film will release on November 12, 2021. As always, keep visiting WizardingWorld.com for more updates as we get them.

The Role will be recast

“I wish to let you know that I have been asked to resign by Warner Bros. from my role as Grindelwald in Fantastic Beasts and I have respected and agreed to that request,” he wrote Friday on Instagram.
Depp’s exit from the “Harry Potter” spinoff series comes days after he lost his libel case against the tabloid “The Sun” over a 2018 article alleging he was a “wife beater.” Depp confirmed that he plans to appeal the ruling.

Warner Bros. confirmed Depp’s departure and said his role will be recast before the third installment in the fantastical franchise premieres in 2022. The prequel series, set decades before the adventures of everyone’s favorite bespectacled boy wizard, is intended to be a five-film franchise.
“Johnny Depp will depart the ‘Fantastic Beasts’ franchise. We thank Johnny for his work on the films to date,” the studio said. “‘Fantastic Beasts 3’ is currently in production, and the role of Gellert Grindelwald will be recast. The film will debut in theaters worldwide in the summer of 2022.”

They bugging but that's on WB. Maybe they think they can salvage this franchise.

I saw the news but I really didnt see what Depp losing a libel case meant as far as him being guilty or not of Heard's claims.

Wonder if she'll be asked to dip from Aquaman.

looks like Depps still gon' get paid in full for the 3rd installment (~$10m) and as for recast, just bring back Colin Farrell if he's done filming his Batman scenes

Hadn't heard of this til just now. WB should just have Gambon step into the role... I mean, he's done it before right? :lol:

Seriously, though. Who would be a good recast? Maybe Christian Bale? Hugh Jackman? You need star power, but somewhere in the same age range, I suppose. This is gonna be a mess...

colin farrell played grindewald in the first fantastic beasts and just bring him back as a blonde and i think that'll be fine

someone like jackman or bale would be cool too, cillian murphy would be a good choice too

it wont be a big deal, they recast dumbledore and the movie didnt miss a beat

That's cuz you couldn't tell Dumbledore apart from Gandalf with their gray beards.

You can clearly see a younger (in comparison) Grindlewald's face.

Best bet probably is Colin. It'd be so much easier if they had filmed a scene of Grindlewald getting some face injury so in story the change would make sense.

the second dumbledore was noticeably younger and more spry though

just make colin extra pale with bleach blonde hair and that contacts and the struggle mustache and he's good to go but many will hate it because colin is suppose to be grindelwald disguised as graves so i guess explaining why grindelwald reverted back to graves would be the biggest issue

1604976604907.png

Back
Top Bottom