HARRY POTTER Film/TV Series Thread- RIP Michael Gambon / Dumbledore

not to me, it's not in your face but the second Dumbledore definitely had some gay tendencies after you know that he is, it's kind of subtle but it's there on repeat viewings

the second Albus was also only aggressive when necessary, any other time dude is calm but still has that grandeur that this dude was one of the baddest wizards ever, you didn't get that with the first one and I can't even imagine how terrible his battle would have looked

I didn't find quirky in the first actor at all, just too laid back and way too gentle

not going to go further to spoil it for Zik even if he doesn't care about spoilers

and if you're an HP fan, you got to visit one of the parks

butterbeer is awesome and they have those every flavor beans that I am too scared to try :lol:

hogsmeade-2-jpg.2030579

hogsmeade-station-jpg.2030580

mchavelocks-jpg.2030585

zonkos-jpg.2030581

honeydukes-jpg.2030582

hogsmeade-1-jpg.2030584

hogsmean-n-hogwarts-3-jpg.2030586

hogwarts-4-jpg.2030588

hogwarts-3-jpg.2030595

hogwarts-2-jpg.2030583

just going to experience everything is the goal for every fan, that should be the bucket list

the one in Orlando is better and bigger though

the shopping mall near me had a alcoholic version of butter beer during Christmas, supposedly it tasted the same never tried the original tho

Got done with Order of the Phoenix a while ago.

Not as good but good. Kinda the emo teenage phase of the movies compared to how well they captured teens coming of age, going to a dance, crushes, etc. in this magical setting where this super evil dude has indirectly or directly tried to kill or killed several students.

Don't care about spoilers.

At this point I'm invested and will watch the rest of the movies. I had it in mind that if I wasn't feeling things by movie 3 I'd **** on the series and be gone.

To me the first Dumbledore was wayyyyyyyyyyyy better

I feel like if you just watch the movies it's so much they don't explain and they expect you to have read the books

I LOVE the Wizarding World in Orlando. I could just sit there and enjoy my surroundings.

hp.jpg

I really need to visit Orlando, taking the train from one location to the other was a great idea, I wish they could do that in the one here in SoCal but their real state here isn't as big and the space they could spare is going to Mario Land so Diagon Alley isn't happening anytime soon.

Feeling the potter talk :lol:

Was my ish. These films were breaking records at the time. I honestly wouldn’t be able to tell if Dumbledore was gay. Seems that they just added it to make it different.

apparently a butterbeer frap is on the starbucks secret menu

To order a Butterbeer Frappuccino
  • Ask for a Creme Frappuccino with three pumps of caramel syrup and three pumps of toffee nut syrup.
  • Add a dusting of cinnamon on top.

I visited Universal Orlando for the first time this past April. After Star Wars Celebration weekend ended I went to Wizarding World multiple times that following week.

Never been to the one in Hollywood but if I ever go I am already having reservations cause of no Hogwarts Express :lol:

I have mixed experiences ordering from a secret menu. Not all employees know their secret menus and can give you a hard time :lol: but I'll make an attempt.

I'm also kinda upset that nobody has tried to invent firewhiskey yet

I remember I was on vacation in Cali tagging along with my friend's family.

We were in San Diego and we happened to pass by a Barnes and Noble on a road trip. I made them stop so I can pick up Deathly Hallows (it had released that day). I got to read Deathly Hallows in bits and pieces as we made our way through San Diego, to Arizona and then to Vegas and then back to Cali.

I remember reading the last 40 pages on the flight back to NY and balling my eyes out.

The movies never came close to that experience for me lol

Seriously, queueing up at midnight and then staying up late to get through as much as possible before waking up and finishing it mid-morning? Not a lot has come close to that for me.

38206_3.jpg

I kinda miss the experience of waiting at a bookstore for a book you really want.

Now if there's a book I really want to read it's as easy as downloading it when it releases 3 am ET

Never been to the one in Hollywood but if I ever go I am already having reservations cause of no Hogwarts Express :lol:

weeds legal here now though so it's extra magical :D

I have mixed experiences ordering from a secret menu. Not all employees know their secret menus and can give you a hard time :lol: but I'll make an attempt.

I'm also kinda upset that nobody has tried to invent firewhiskey yet

just tell them what to put in there like I posted and then they'd have nothing to complain about :lol:

Damn it really did get darker.

I liked the dark elements of the Goblet of Fire but Half Blood Prince was dark to the point it was depressing :lol:

Didn't enjoy Order of the Phoenix as much just cuz of the take with the Ministry of Magic lying and that crazy lady taking over.

Watching Deathly Hallows now.

think I'm going to have to dive back into the books after I finish the Southern Reach Trilogy and reread Ready Player One ahead of the movie. I picked up the cursed child awhile back but want to read it after I read them all back to back.

Damn Snape. Going out like that :smh: I feel like Voldermort just made that stipulation up :lol:

The whole time I'm thinking Harry's wrong, Snape is some double, triple, quadruple agent, he aint really kill Dumbledore. Don't matter now.

Is it explained in the books why Voldermort has no nose? :lol: Props to Ralph Fiennes though.

Last edited:
Damn Snape. Going out like that :smh: I feel like Voldermort just made that stipulation up :lol:

The whole time I'm thinking Harry's wrong, Snape is some double, triple, quadruple agent, he aint really kill Dumbledore. Don't matter now.

Is it explained in the books why Voldermort has no nose? :lol: Props to Ralph Fiennes though.
My memory is hazy bro. What stipulation are you talking about?

My memory is hazy bro. What stipulation are you talking about?
To get the elder wand. Snape killed Dumbledore and gave the wand to Voldermort.

He's using it in Deathly Hallows pt. 2 and it starts to crack. Voldermort figures its cuz the wand's allegiance wasn't to him but to the person that killed the previous owner; Snape. So boom he kills Snape :lol:

That came out of nowhere to me. First thing I thought was does that mean Dumbledore killed the owner of the wand to get it? By the end Harry makes more sense of it when we learn its about who disarms the owner but the whole wand obeying you seemed new to me.

Another thing is the story about the deathly Hallows. It nicely tied in the invisible cloak/cape, and the elder wand but I thought they were gonna tie it all together and bring back the sorcerer's stone.

Dumbledore said he/they destroyed it by the end of the movie but I didn't believe it and found it odd it was so easy to destroy something like that.

Oh well, it was a good final movie for this story. Showed some good progression. Wrapped up most things nicely.

I think the fact that the elder wand won't fully obey Voldmort because Snape is the true owner for killing Dumbledore. You also do not need to kill the previous owner of the elder wand, you just need to beat them in a duel or unwand them then the wand changes allegiances. It is actually all true and you'll see it all revealed by the end of the last film. Did you finish it already? The second part?

As for him not having a nose, they always mention in the book that the deeper he got to dark magic, the more he looked like a snake. Slughorn also explained that making a Horcrux eats up the soul as he kills and I believe each of those killing and dividing his souls into Horcruxes changed his appearance.

Edit: You did finish it. And yeah the lore of the Elder Wand was true, Harry just happens to be the true owner because Malfoy disarmed Dumbledore hence making him the true owner and then Harry disarmed Malfoy and it made Harry the owner, not Snape so the wand betrayed Voldemort in the end and that is also why he couldn't full utilize it's power. Iirc, this was better explained in the book.

One thing that really annoyed me though is that Harry wasted two of the Deathly Hallows, he left the resurrection stone in the forest and then broke the wand, I would have liked it if he became the true master of death by keeping all three and dude just becomes OP. That's what I would have done.

It was also pretty awesome that Harry was actually a descendant of the Peverell Bros (owners of the deathly hallows).

Last edited:
Killing Snape in the Deathly Hallows would've transferred the power to Voldemort but he wasn't the last owner of the wand. That was Draco. And I'm forgetting how that had come to be. My memory is hazy. It's been so long since I've watched Half Blood Prince that I'm forgetting the order of events that happened when Dumbledore died lol.

But anyway, after the sequence of events that occured in Half Blood Prince, Draco ended up being the ownder of the wand, and no one knew.

That was why the wand malfunctioned on Voldemort during the final duel against Harry, because Harry had defeated Draco during the climax and so the wand had recognized Harry as the true owner.

Killing Snape in the Deathly Hallows would've transferred the power to Voldemort but he wasn't the last owner of the wand. That was Draco. And I'm forgetting how that had come to be. My memory is hazy. It's been so long since I've watched Half Blood Prince that I'm forgetting the order of events that happened when Dumbledore died lol.

Draco disarmed Albus then Harry disarmed Draco in Malfoy Manor. The thing is you don't have to disarm the owner of the actual elder wand, just any wand, as long as you overpower him or beat him in a duel, the wand changes allegiance.

Back
Top Bottom