HARRY POTTER Film/TV Series Thread- RIP Michael Gambon / Dumbledore

My favorite HP book is Goblet of Fire
Was hoping they would do the movie right, but it was just ehh

Considering how gangsta Dumbledore is in old age
They better make sure my mans Jude Law flourishes

That Dumbledore vs. Grindelwald fight better be the best HP universe fight

Question:

Why when Harry hops out of Hagrid's arms, tries to kill the snake and runs do some of Voldermort's followers immediately dip on him? (that whole turn in to smoke and fly away thing). You can even hear Bellatrix yell don't leave or something to that effect.

Also something that just struck me, did Dumbledore purposely let Draco disarm him fully aware of the wand rules as a part of his plan to let Harry die and defeat Voldermort cuz he knew he wanted the wand which is why he made sure Snape was the one to kill him?

Last edited:
Can’t stand Draco

Would have been great if they killed him off

Whole family are scumbugs

Yeah, seemed like they gave up on the Draco character arc. Went from bully to lame to wannabe baddie to following daddy cuz he's Voldermort's ***** to a momma's boy.

Like since Harry was destined to take on Voldermort, Draco never became an adequate rival to Harry and was just another wizard in his shadow only more annoying.

The whole let Draco kill Dumbledore just rang false. I knew his heart wasn't in it and/or he wasn't nowhere evil enough. Seemed like an excuse to have him a part of the final conflict.

Given how pathetic he was he should've got a pitiful death. Not a hot future wife.

in regards to why the death eaters abandoned him, I think it's anyeones theory at this point

I don't remember it really being answered in the books as I remember most were defeated in the battle of Hogwarts

but do keep in mind that many went into hiding in Voldemorts first death and those caught, many claimed were under the imperius curse

I believe many also claimed that they were following him out of fear that if they don't they'd be killed so it's really not far fetch that many runs away after they see that Harry survived Voldemorts killing curse a second time

I think the same with the wand, it's up to you to think Dumbledore has forseen but I particularly don't because I do believe he wasn't sure Harry was going to even live after being killed by Voldemort a second time

and while Voldemort was interested in the wand after his revival, he really wasn't interested in it before and Voldemort had no guarantees that Voldemort would go after it

FB2-02201r.jpg

I wish the books was fresh in my mind so I could properly answer Zik's questions :lol:

definitely feel the same way. I got "The Cursed Child" and gonna reread the entire series to catch me up starting in April :lol:

I celebrate Christmas in January with my wife's side of the family and my bro in law and his wife got me The Marauder's Map. Goes great with the set and it's something I thought would be a great keepsake from my favorite book "Prisoner of Azkaban"

IMG_20180115_132001.jpg

IMG_20180115_132010.jpg

IMG_20180115_132300.jpg

What did you guys think about The Cursed Child?

When I first read it I thought it was amazing

I think I just felt that way because it was a new HP book

Looking back at it now it was pretty bad if you ask me :lol:

I thought the timeline where Hermione was a badass was pretty cool

But overall it was pretty farfetched

I read the Cursed Child and I watched the play.

Both was enjoyable but if you compare it to the standards of her first 7 books it doesn't quite match up.

It felt like I was experiencing a really really good fanfiction than an actual book by JK Rowling

to be fair it is almost impossible to live up or even get close to the OG books

while it can have an expanded universe, it just isn't going to be the same no matter what if it didn't originate from a book we all read and loved as a kid

^ She said Snape and Jesus had the same intentions --> maybe trying to save the world?

I told her 1) Snape was a simp and 2) Jesus smashed Mary Magdalene.

Snape wasn't even trying to save the world :lol:

he wouldn't have cared at all if the world was in ruins as long as he was with Lily

hell he was the one that technically got the Potters killed

also, Fantastic Beasts will be set in different cities in each film:

While the Harry Potter series of films were set primarily in London, England, 2016's Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, which kicked off the new prequel saga, shifted the setting to New York City. And as we've learned, the second title, The Crimes of Grindelwald, will largely take place in Paris, France.

Speaking to Entertainment Weekly, director David Yates confirmed the remaining three films will follow suit. "Jo's already told us where the next one is taking place. It’s very exciting. This is a global story, ultimately. And given that there’s a global audience for this, it’s all the more delightful to take the story to different parts of the world.”

Back
Top Bottom