has anyone balled in the Nike Windmill?

i've seriously considered getting the shoe because i love zoomcushioning, but how is the fit/feel of the shoe? any help would be greatly appreciated.

i liked the look of these but after trying them on it was an easy pass for me...

-theres zoom only in the heel.
-to me, the forefoot cushioning felt nonexistent to a point where i felt like i was leaning forward.
-the shoes did not feel secure to me.

i hope this helps. hopefully you can get someone to tell you the pros of the shoe because they may have seen/felt something i didnt.

http://niketalk.com/topic/42949

If you like zoom go for a Zoom BB I or II. both far outperform the windmill. Everything about the windmill is hit or miss. But i still like mine, few mods andthey are still in the regular rotation.

2439778914_6270a92cb4_o.jpg

i finally got 'em and i love 'em. i can give a full review for anyone on thefence or just curious. let me know.

Only concern would be with impact protection at the heel. My ONLY concern.

Fit and feel are both fine. They are pretty comfortable, feel seamless on the inside. I went a half-size down, so the only shoes I went half down in for Nikesare these, 2K3's and 2K4's.

That "leaning-forward" feeling is great for me. It's not the lack of cushioning in the forefoot, it's the design of the shoe. I feel like itpromotes forward movement, which fits my game perfectly. There is a definite "lean" feeling there, but it's great for me. I'm also a big fanof the courtfeel because of that.

Traction is great, no worries there. And, they're pretty lightweight, always a plus for me.

Really, the heel cushioning left my foot kind of hurting, I don't know if it was from playing so much, running hard or what, but it happened when I waswearing these, so I'm somewhat put off by them. Everything else was fine.

I've played in BB lows, so I can agree with the guy about getting BB I's. I'd much rather play in my BB lows than windmills.

Now I listed my concerns, but there are some things I think could bother others that I didn't really have an issue with (aside from the first one):

Impact protection, as stated
Lack of rigid ankle restriction (like Lebron II's or Kobe II's)
Stability
Lockdown fit

wow, really? i didn't have that problem at all. then again, i didn't have to go down in shoe size at alleither. my only concerns are the pull tab on the back is actually down in the shoe, making it kind of a pain to put on; and the difference in upper materialsin certain colors. the blue/orange ones i showed have greatventilation. i haven't played in the all black color that i also bought, but i wonder how ventilation in those might be. also, i found the stability andfit superior to the BB II's, which seemed a bit loose to me.

I passed on these for 50 bucks. Too me the shoe was horribly narrow, as well as it looked like crap. Plus the heel thing kept slipping down

I got the all black/carolina blue. Ventilation is fine, they're a decent shoe for the value.

The heel tab doesn't bother me at all, putting it on isn't as easy as say, a BB Low or Jordan XIV. But I also play in Ultraflights and these things arecake compared to them.

There's only one con for me, compared to a whole lot of pros. I'm slightly heavy for my height, and I run up and down a lot, so I'm paranoid aboutmy heel starting to hurt again. It was a BAD pain. Everything else is money for me, I didn't experience the issue until my 4th or 5th time playing in them.Up until that point, they were great.

Back
Top Bottom