Has anyone else been using StockX?

I wonder how they’d be able to tell since a lot of people who buy to flip from stores would just send them in to StockX anyways. I hope it works though.
Probably would have to go off %'s. 20% ending up at Stockx, sure. 80%? Something is probably up.

And it's not just the limited collab pairs that that happens with. Some bulk resellers get gr's 2-3 weeks early at below retail. Let's use a $200 shoe as an example. The store paid $120. They know damn well they aren't selling all 1k pairs they got for all of their stores. They sell 200 to someone 3 weeks early at $140. They made $20 on a pair that was going to sit in their warehouse for 3 months before being shipped back and end up at an outlet. The reseller gets them and dumps them one pair at a time at retail on Stockx. After fees, they net $175. That's $35 profit per pair. Doesn't sound like much but do it 200 times in 2 weeks and you make $7000. Not bad. Those guys are shipping 40 pairs at a time bc StockX has a bulk shipping option for level 4 sellers. They can out 40 pair in one huge box and slap one shipping label on them.

Using the above, Nike will now see that 200 pairs from store X ended up at Stockx early. That seems like bad news for StockX bc they are losing some bulk sellers, but they would be gaining access to very easily verify authenticity on Nike shoes, so I guess that's worth it to them.

I wonder how they’d be able to tell since a lot of people who buy to flip from stores would just send them in to StockX anyways. I hope it works though.

LOL. funny, it might be a reply to some of the criticisms they received about their authentication process. if this is true, then that would be good. on the otherhand, if this is nothing more than a publicity stunt just to fix their reputation and have no real way on authenticating products, it is pretty much a sham. til Nike themselves verify that they indeed have this sort of agreement with StockX, I'll hold my judgement.

A. I trippin, or did stockx crash? I get a pop up saying there’s too many people on the site.

lol, stimulus check got people buying

Going to sell most of my collection, been out of it for a while. Where is best place to sell these days ?

On here, GOAT or XStock ?

thanks

Probably would have to go off %'s. 20% ending up at Stockx, sure. 80%? Something is probably up.

And it's not just the limited collab pairs that that happens with. Some bulk resellers get gr's 2-3 weeks early at below retail. Let's use a $200 shoe as an example. The store paid $120. They know damn well they aren't selling all 1k pairs they got for all of their stores. They sell 200 to someone 3 weeks early at $140. They made $20 on a pair that was going to sit in their warehouse for 3 months before being shipped back and end up at an outlet. The reseller gets them and dumps them one pair at a time at retail on Stockx. After fees, they net $175. That's $35 profit per pair. Doesn't sound like much but do it 200 times in 2 weeks and you make $7000. Not bad. Those guys are shipping 40 pairs at a time bc StockX has a bulk shipping option for level 4 sellers. They can out 40 pair in one huge box and slap one shipping label on them.

Using the above, Nike will now see that 200 pairs from store X ended up at Stockx early. That seems like bad news for StockX bc they are losing some bulk sellers, but they would be gaining access to very easily verify authenticity on Nike shoes, so I guess that's worth it to them.
The same shoe that would sit in a retailers warehouse for 3 months are now selling fast enough 1 at a time for a bulk seller to send out 40 pairs a pop? Retailer should send them to stock x themselves imo.

Anyway, made my first purchase and got email on Monday that seller shipped but ny app still says waiting to ship. Should I be concerned and support hasn't responded.

Last edited:
Going to sell most of my collection, been out of it for a while. Where is best place to sell these days ?

On here, GOAT or XStock ?

thanks

Only use eBay if you are okay with accepting returns. From both eBay standard policies and PayPal claims which can occur months and months after the sale.

The same shoe that would sit in a retailers warehouse for 3 months are now selling fast enough 1 at a time for a bulk seller to send out 40 pairs a pop? Retailer should send them to stock x themselves imo.
Yes. Tons of gr's sell early at retail and then sit on release day before eventually going to discount. Hell I'm guilty of it. Paid $200 for a $150 am1 Curry to lock up a pair early. Had no clue how limited they were. Those things hit $80 a few months later. Jordan's do this all the time. People are willing to pay retail to get it early and lock up a pair. We don't have a crystal ball that says what will sit and what won't.

I'm not speaking on what I think happens. I'm telling you what I know happens. Bulk resellers are a thing. They make a few dollars and the store gets to keep their Tier 0 level bc they move a ton of product and don't send as much back to Nike.

Yes. Tons of gr's sell early at retail and then sit on release day before eventually going to discount. Hell I'm guilty of it. Paid $200 for a $150 am1 Curry to lock up a pair early. Had no clue how limited they were. Those things hit $80 a few months later. Jordan's do this all the time. People are willing to pay retail to get it early and lock up a pair. We don't have a crystal ball that says what will sit and what won't.

I'm not speaking on what I think happens. I'm telling you what I know happens. Bulk resellers are a thing. They make a few dollars and the store gets to keep their Tier 0 level bc they move a ton of product and don't send as much back to Nike.
Didnt know that was a thing to buy random shoes early :lol: that's a nice hustle, a fool and his money is soon parted comes to mind.

Hooray!

9EBFE448-BB7F-4660-99B2-11AC2DE5F2FE.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom