Has anyone else been using StockX?

anybody; Why does stockx Allow sneakers to be sold for higher price than you listing, while your pair sit on the virtual shelf? I can never figure it out. You’ll have something listed for 150 and you’ll see a sale for 200 and wonder what kind of bs are they running over at stockx

Yes. Tons of gr's sell early at retail and then sit on release day before eventually going to discount. Hell I'm guilty of it. Paid $200 for a $150 am1 Curry to lock up a pair early. Had no clue how limited they were. Those things hit $80 a few months later. Jordan's do this all the time. People are willing to pay retail to get it early and lock up a pair. We don't have a crystal ball that says what will sit and what won't.

I'm not speaking on what I think happens. I'm telling you what I know happens. Bulk resellers are a thing. They make a few dollars and the store gets to keep their Tier 0 level bc they move a ton of product and don't send as much back to Nike.

it is indeed really very tricky. unless we work for those guys, there is no assurance which shoes would sell out or not depending on their inventory and shipment. it is pretty much playing russian roulette. there have been a number of instances where I got a Day 1 release that were sold out and never re-stocked again and there are those I thought that would sell out but eventually went on sale for 50% off. it's really difficult and sizing availability is also an issue unless your feet is less than a 7 or above 12, then your chances are better.

anybody; Why does stockx Allow sneakers to be sold for higher price than you listing, while your pair sit on the virtual shelf? I can never figure it out. You’ll have something listed for 150 and you’ll see a sale for 200 and wonder what kind of bs are they running over at stockx

they are practically middlemen. that's where they make their money. in the end, they make more money than what you are selling. they don't just charge you for fees or percentage of the sale, they add more to the shoes value. e.g. $50 is practically theirs of that $150 selling price, then they would still make a few more of that $150 you sold.

Because their data is obtained from various sources. It's not only sales that took place on their platform.

Because their data is obtained from various sources. It's not only sales that took place on their platform.

oh and that one too. anyways, I'm not sure what is the legal stipulation with regards to public data or privacy act on their website if they are legally allowed to with consent or not.

If anyone is having trouble getting a payout from them or getting an item they purchased I highly suggest making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They had my shoes for over a week. No movement not even scanned in their system. After days of back and forth with a bot that told me be patient i filed with the BBB. Shoes were found and paid out within 4 hours. Do not sell or buy from them right now. This ain't virus related. Shady **** going on there.

If anyone is having trouble getting a payout from them or getting an item they purchased I highly suggest making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They had my shoes for over a week. No movement not even scanned in their system. After days of back and forth with a bot that told me be patient i filed with BBB. Shoes were found and paid out within 4 hours. Do not sell or buy ftom them right now. This ain't virus related. Shady **** going on there.

They're backed up because I don't think they are considered an essential service. The second last sale I did took a week to verify and pay out from the time they received my item. That was to the Detroit location. The last shoe I sold only took 2-3 days. I noticed that it was sent to a different location in GA. I sold something last night and it is going to the same place. People have emailed them and they said it could take up to 5 business days to verify and payout etc.

If anyone is having trouble getting a payout from them or getting an item they purchased I highly suggest making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They had my shoes for over a week. No movement not even scanned in their system. After days of back and forth with a bot that told me be patient i filed with BBB. Shoes were found and paid out within 4 hours. Do not sell or buy ftom them right now. This ain't virus related. Shady **** going on there.

wow. I must really have a lot of patience. I had some transaction issues with a certain company years back regarding a security deposit they held from me for as long as they can eventhough I already provided the necessary documentation for them to return my money. after getting passed around and never taken seriously for 6 months I reached my breaking point and has put a lot of stress on me. I called them for the last time and threatened them on going public (news outlet) and lawsuit. lo and behold, a cheque came in 2 days later. it's not really that difficult for them to process anything. they just need the proper motivation to get them going. Scare tactics.

They're backed up because I don't think they are considered an essential service. The second last sale I did took a week to verify and pay out from the time they received my item. That was to the Detroit location. The last shoe I sold only took 2-3 days. I noticed that it was sent to a different location in GA. I sold something last night and it is going to the same place. People have emailed them and they said it could take up to 5 business days to verify and payout etc.
And others have literally been waiting for weeks. Check their Twitter. Check the BBB. Check trustpilot. It will get worse from here. Not better.

wow. I must really have a lot of patience. I had some transaction issues with a certain company years back regarding a security deposit they held from me for as long as they can eventhough I already provided the necessary documentation for them to return my money. after getting passed around and never taken seriously for 6 months I reached my breaking point and has put a lot of stress on me. I called them for the last time and threatened them on going public (news outlet) and lawsuit. lo and behold, a cheque came in 2 days later. it's not really that difficult for them to process anything. they just need the proper motivation to get them going. Scare tactics.
Exactly. Had you not threatened they would have "forgotten" about you.

I bought a Supreme Nas Photo Tee last Saturday. and it's scheduled to be delivered this Friday. Super fast turnaround time. I can't say the same for GOAT. I bought a pair of Syracuse Dunks three weeks ago using the instant ship option and they barely shipped this morning.

oh and that one too. anyways, I'm not sure what is the legal stipulation with regards to public data or privacy act on their website if they are legally allowed to with consent or not.
I've also heard that the some prices for previously sales are sometime not correct if it were purchased from a buyer in a different country

for example, if someone purchases for or has a bid accepted for 150 CAD which is the equivalent of $125, it shows the sale price of $150

i think it depend on what you bought or sold as well. I think less hyped/counterfit items are getting processed quicker. Im waiting for a expensive shoe i sold that has been delivered to stockx on monday to even update on the app and say they even received it. Just taking longer right now.

i think it depend on what you bought or sold as well. I think less hyped/counterfit items are getting processed quicker. Im waiting for a expensive shoe i sold that has been delivered to stockx on monday to even update on the app and say they even received it. Just taking longer right now.
My shoe isn’t hyped at all. I’m surprised it even sold for my asking price considering it’s still at a few retailers. The only reason I didn’t return them was because I bought them during an ebates cashback of 15% and now have a reward code and planned on rebuying them.

If anyone is having trouble getting a payout from them or getting an item they purchased I highly suggest making a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. They had my shoes for over a week. No movement not even scanned in their system. After days of back and forth with a bot that told me be patient i filed with the BBB. Shoes were found and paid out within 4 hours. Do not sell or buy from them right now. This ain't virus related. Shady **** going on there.
My package got delivered days ago according to UPS but StockX hasn’t updated the info. Are they behind or something?

You guys got a remember there’s a pandemic going on
I think anyone buying or selling especially selling with StockX right now
you are just playing a waiting game.

I’m sure they’re backed up with orders coming in and going out.

I wouldn’t use stockx right now until this all blows over a little bit all around the country

I wouldn’t use stockx right now until this all blows over a little bit all around the country
Don’t insult my intelligence. They should close or limit the amount of orders they accept if they are having trouble keeping up with the traffic. It’s not really the fact that they haven’t paid me it’s the fact that they haven’t even scanned them in. They haven’t even sent an email saying things would be delayed. I’ve ordered from many stores including eBay and they are being professional through this pandemic.

Don’t insult my intelligence. They should close or limit the amount of orders they accept if they are having trouble keeping up with the traffic. It’s not really the fact that they haven’t paid me it’s the fact that they haven’t even scanned them in. They haven’t even sent an email saying things would be delayed. I’ve ordered from many stores including eBay and they are being professional through this pandemic.

I got an email on Mar 30th about how they are dealing with it. There's also a link in the banner on the app that has info on how they are handling the Covid-19 situation. I sold a relatively expensive item in the middle of March. Tracking showed delivered but it took about 4 days before the status updated from "en route" to "received". It took a week/5 business days before I got paid. I was giving them a week to see if would be done before I would contact them. It got sorted out before I had to do anything. eBay is not a store but a selling platform. Shipping out is handled by the sellers themselves. As for other stores, I've experienced delays with almost all of them. Amazon is delayed. I ordered a computer monitor and it has already been 3 weeks without shipping.

Not insulting anyones intelligence
Jeez

Last edited:

Nah man. I'm still working. Things are backed up everywhere but they've been holding on to peoples funds for weeks. Their response if you get any is be patient. That's not good enough. Do what you feel is comfortable but Ive helped multiple people finally get their money back after fighting with stockx for weeks. If they can't handle the influx they need to be transparent and adjust. Go to the BBB website or trustpilot. Their business is a mess.

Back
Top Bottom