Has anyone else been using StockX?

We aren't SX's demographic... they just want the rich folks and naive kids from public schools to be their primary customers.

Haven't purchased since prepandemic (although Goat can be shady by keeping shoes you got too good of a deal on and say the seller flaked out when they already said he/she shipped... LOL!).

Horrible business practices. Ethnics are a code they abide by and they can kiss my aorta.

All eem. Except ebay... they've been good to a treh, lately.

Did they charge you the fee? I sold 1 item on Stockx and it failed :lol: they wanted to charge me the fee but I fought it and banned myself :rofl:

It was my second failure so they charged the fee. I’m not a big time reseller or anything but I have a little over a hundred sales. It’s just the failure reasons on tees have been bs. For a tiny easily removable spec. The authenticator probably did more work failing me then they could’ve done just by plucking it off and passing me.

It’s fine though I only sell shoes now haven’t had any issues there.

Looking at the Treelines on Stockx and I can't help but laugh.

Retail - $150 ($160 after 7% tax)

Low ask on StockX - $182 ($218 after tax and fees)

High bid - $178 (seller nets $156 after fees)

So buy pays $58 over retail while seller loses $4. Stockx pockets the rest. I appreciate that they've made buying limited shoes much easier but man they've really ****ed up the somewhat limited gr game. Everyone is a reseller that cops anything they can bc it's so easy but a lot of shoes end up like this and it blows. I was lucky to get a few pairs at retail on these but it just sucks overall.

Looking at the Treelines on Stockx and I can't help but laugh.

Retail - $150 ($160 after 7% tax)

Low ask on StockX - $182 ($218 after tax and fees)

High bid - $178 (seller nets $156 after fees)

So buy pays $58 over retail while seller loses $4. Stockx pockets the rest. I appreciate that they've made buying limited shoes much easier but man they've really ****ed up the somewhat limited gr game. Everyone is a reseller that cops anything they can bc it's so easy but a lot of shoes end up like this and it blows. I was lucky to get a few pairs at retail on these but it just sucks overall.

It's really silly...It's why I try my best not to buy anything direct from Stockx or Ebay, the combo of fees, the sellers margins, taxes etc just add way too much to the cost...If I missed the release, whatever, there will be another shoe dropping in a week. I've circled back for a few things, but generally over the last few years I've cut back my spending quite a bit by trying to stick to this.

Sellers will try to flip anything, even if it is making them a buck per sale, really sucks.

Copy/paste?
The relevant parts:

"Nike Inc. escalated its legal battle with sneaker marketplace StockX, saying it purchased four pairs of counterfeit shoes on the platform despite the company’s promises that it is only marketing authentic footwear.

The world’s largest athletic-wear maker asked a federal judge to let it add claims of counterfeiting and false advertising to the current trademark-infringement lawsuit against StockX.

“Those four pairs of counterfeit shoes were all purchased within a short two-month period on StockX’s platform, all had affixed to them StockX’s ‘Verified Authentic’ hangtag, and all came with a paper receipt from StockX in the shoe box stating that the condition of the shoes is ‘100% Authentic,’” Nike said in a court filing Tuesday.

StockX didn’t immediately respond to an emailed request for comment."

and

"StockX is said to be planning to go public as alternative assets like sneakers and collectibles have become a hot market for investors. The company said in April 2021 that it was valued at $3.8 billion after a secondary tender offering.

The case is Nike Inc. v StockX LLC, 22-cv-983, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York."

It's really silly...It's why I try my best not to buy anything direct from Stockx or Ebay, the combo of fees, the sellers margins, taxes etc just add way too much to the cost...If I missed the release, whatever, there will be another shoe dropping in a week. I've circled back for a few things, but generally over the last few years I've cut back my spending quite a bit by trying to stick to this.

Sellers will try to flip anything, even if it is making them a buck per sale, really sucks.

Sometimes it's not bad since they have such a global presence and it results in a lot of undercutting. I also feel with the way they changed the tiers on the seller fees, it forces sellers to be more active if they want to maintain a certain level since its only per quarter and no longer for a rolling year.

Sometimes it's not bad since they have such a global presence and it results in a lot of undercutting. I also feel with the way they changed the tiers on the seller fees, it forces sellers to be more active if they want to maintain a certain level since its only per quarter and no longer for a rolling year.

^ i agree as well, sellers sell in bulk to maintain their status which comes in handy for the big hitters. there's a drop off location around my way and i see sellers drop off bulk of tees and accessories every time i swing by.

Stockx on that bull**** again.

Sold a pair Saturday night, well after UPS had closed. And as we all know UPS ain't open on Sunday. I shipped it first thing Monday morning, and my sale wasn't eligible for being marked as quick-ship because it's outside of the 36 hour window. The **** Stockx want me to do? Stupid **** as always with them, 0 logic.

Edit: I emailed them and explained the situation, and dude legit told me to SHIP FASTER LOL **** these clowns.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom