Has anyone else been using StockX?

so who are we supposed to trust?

just another reason not to use their data for pricing.

I warned you about their data
They scan Flight Club inventory and consider any change as a sale. I have tested it on a pair I've delisted from FC. A Yeezy Solar red. StockX thought it was sold when i just delisted it. Their system can't tell the difference. Same with the number sold, it doesn't reflect THEIR sales.
They are misleading customers and should be careful in the land of lawsuits.

Speaking of that... saw one of the StockX Detroit guys advertising that they have job openings for authenticators...

they don't make much. $15/hr with probably paid leave, no matching 401k or pension plan.

it's a good summer job for college kids.

He told you to work at StockX ?
Yes because of sneakers. Would be cool but not looking to get into that. If the money was REALLY good along with other perks and being downtown everyday then yea but I highly doubt its anything like some of us think its cracked up to be.

Yes because of sneakers. Would be cool but not looking to get into that. If the money was REALLY good along with other perks and being downtown everyday then yea but I highly doubt its anything like some of us think its cracked up to be.

Oh, I thought you meant he was suggesting that because he did their taxes or something... and knew what they made.

no thank you :lol:
yeah. don't think they pay much. data software engineer at stockx starts at 62k. like I said, for ops (people who authenticate items) most of the people that works there appears to be from generation Z. it seems like a dead end career, imo.

I mean, even if you like shoes, I can imagine how tedious the process is (if the video posted above is how any indication how the items are authenticated) not to mention they're probably under stress with the amount of volume stockx does.

yeah. don't think they pay much. data software engineer at stockx starts at 62k. like I said, for ops (people who authenticate items) most of the people that works there appears to be from generation Z. it seems like a dead end career, imo.

I mean, even if you like shoes, I can imagine how tedious the process is (if the video posted above is how any indication how the items are authenticated) not to mention they're probably under stress with the amount of volume stockx does.

yup I agree, had no desire or intention. would it be cool to work for sneaker company? sure but if you're barely making anything its not worth it. I don't even like shoes that much to begin with anymore was more curious about how they hire for something so important

I’ve received 3 pairs from StockX and haven’t had any issues. Waiting on a pair of white cement 3s now. They usually arrive within 6-7 business days from order.

Really like the app and prices are “fair” compared to the major consignment shops. Have only done buy it now for pairs I really want since the difference is only $20-30 from the highest bid. Plan on placing bids on a pair or two I’m not that pressed to have and we’ll see what happens.

Recently bought a pair off stockx.. saw they arrived for authentication at 10:43 and are now ready to ship at 11:11. Almost seems too quick.

Still waiting for the pair I sent In to be authenticated

Recently bought a pair off stockx.. saw they arrived for authentication at 10:43 and are now ready to ship at 11:11. Almost seems too quick.

Still waiting for the pair I sent In to be authenticated

Same happened to me today. In at 10:55, out at 11:15. Some shoes are easier to authenticate I guess. I got foams. You can spot a fake one a mile away so I guess they pass through pretty quick.

Same happened to me today. In at 10:55, out at 11:15. Some shoes are easier to authenticate I guess. I got foams. You can spot a fake one a mile away so I guess they pass through pretty quick.

Idk about that. From what I’ve seen when I used to look up fakes a year or so back, foams were spot on

Either legit ones were pictured or something but I couldn’t tell a damn difference

Idk about that. From what I’ve seen when I used to look up fakes a year or so back, foams were spot on

Either legit ones were pictured or something but I couldn’t tell a damn difference

I’ve yet to see a good fake foam. I’d love to see what you’re referring to tho if you still have links by any chance.

look at this B.S. response i get because of the smell of my shoe

I am sorry to hear that. StockX is a tobacco and drug free workplace and any perceived aromas or smells could be the result of how the previous owner stored their item. There's also the possibility that the smell from other packages nearby to yours in the delivery truck permeated through to your item. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please let us know if you need anything else.

Thanks,
Schu

i have the number to stock x and i'm thinking of giving them a call tomorrow
the smell from another package in the ups delivery truck "permeated through to your item" with a sealed box ?

what about the dirty seller who sent stock x the shoes ?
he must have a closet full of deadstock shoes smelling like mothballs
did these shoes come from somebody's grandmother's closet ?

i have had the jordan box open since i got the shoes and it still have the same mothball smell

i had this problem with a pair of black 12 ovo back in october shoes came looking worn and had a smell that was sprayed with a disinfectant

i been doing this sneaker nonsense too long to fall for this bullcrap

2017_05_Mothball-Toxicity-in-Dogs.jpg

Last edited:

I am sorry to hear that. StockX is a tobacco and drug free workplace and any perceived aromas or smells could be the result of how the previous owner stored their item. There's also the possibility that the smell from other packages nearby to yours in the delivery truck permeated through to your item. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Thanks,
Schu

the smell from another package in the ups delivery truck "permeated through to your item" with a sealed box ?

i have had the jordan box open since i got the shoes and it still have the same mothball smell

i had this problem with a pair of black 12 ovo back in october shoes came looking worn and had a smell that was sprayed with a disinfectant

Maybe buying shoes off of others isn’t for you.
That “mothball” smell will probably go away over time replaced by the smell of your home.
I’ve never heard of someone so distraught over a grandma house smell before.

Thanks,
Schu

you do know they only care about if the shoes are authentic and are unworn, right?

I get wanting to have a new shoe with that new shoe smell, but they'll start smelling like feet in no time once you start wearing them. or put some deodorizer balls in them or something.

Back
Top Bottom