Has anyone else been using StockX?

I feel for you it seems bad enough as a buyer, but seems like they are really sticking it to the seller... the pair I ordered was a 10.5 or I would have given you the box if you pd the shipping. I think I'll go back to paying insane prices on Flight Club while on my quest to track down shoes from when "I thought" I was out of the shoe game... they have been the only legit site I've dealt with so far. Stadium goods even shipped me a pair of low top 2's instead of 11's they made it right quickly, but claimed they didn't have the shoe I ordered all they could was refund me... even though the exact same 11's I bought were still listed for sale, just at a higher price. If a shoe store can't get something simple like that right, they've lost my faith for future purchases.

Edit: So I'm sure everyone got the invite to StockX day 10/20/17 anyone plan on going? Things might get ugly if some disgruntled sellers show. I thought about taking the trip... but I've been to Detroit before. No offense to any natives, but it wasn't one of my favorite places.

Downtown Detroit is nice now, not sure when was the last time you visited.

And I almost signed up for the tour but didn't wanna go by myself. My friends aren't sneaker heads and not sure if my girl would listen to go but I've been in the building it's located about 100 times

Downtown Detroit is nice now, not sure when was the last time you visited.

And I almost signed up for the tour but didn't wanna go by myself. My friends aren't sneaker heads and not sure if my girl would listen to go but I've been in the building it's located about 100 times

Winter a few years ago in January... too cold for my blood, I'm from Houston, TX we might get a week or two of cold weather here... and that's our winter. A light hoody (sometimes a bit heavier one) is all I ever have to wear here, a lot of times with shorts too...plus I was only there for 2 days (work thing) so I didn't really get to see or do a lot. I just felt cold and gloomy. If they'd have had it in summer or a Vegas convention maybe even something in California id have been in. I do realize Detroit is where they are running their operation... so I get why its there, but a Vegas or summer convention would have probably brought a lot more out of towners. Hopefully some locals go, and get the scoop for us. I really like the prices, and the concept is pretty cool...I can't lie. There just seems like some shady stuff is going on, who knows maybe it's just a few shady employees. I'd like to know more before I start splurging. I just got shipping confirmation on my 5's that I bought on 9/8 and they won't arrive until at least 9/21 that's a long wait for around 15 bucks shipping fee. I ordered maroon 6's same day from Flight Club and I got them 9/15 and they only charge 5 bucks for shipping.

I made 2 purchases from stock x this year and no problems
Shoes where in perfect mint condition
Both DS And factory laced

I made a mistake on my part and hunted down a number to call them and it was taken care of quickly

I was thinking of making another order since I asked them to cancel my account and made a new account but now reading these past 2 pages I’m not so sure.

I got pretty good deals buying off the site so this all Leaves me with a question on buying something or not

I would be concerned as both a buyer and seller using stockx. Fact is their authenticators aren't necessarily more knowledgeable than anyone on this site. Hell any of us can apply to be an authenticator (https://stockx.com/jobs#op-206420-sneaker-authenticator) So they can mistakenly claim your shoe is fake and in the end they still make money because the seller takes all the risk using their platform or they can incorrectly authenticate a shoe like what happened to me and admit no error because their whole business model is being a third party authenticator. I fully believe if this is how they're going to proceed with this business it's going to come back and bite them because now they're dealing with high-end watches and handbags and you know it's only a matter of time before they screw up with the wrong buyer/seller.

So I bought a pair of Kobe Prelude II on stockx. They were shipped to them for authentication, and I got an email saying they failed authentication.

What makes a pair like the Preludes, who have little to no fakes fail that process?

Have done lots of business with Stockx. Here are my weird stories to share. All purchases by me.

#1 popular AJ1 shoes. Used coupon. Didn't ship for 2 days. And when it changed to ship, it was instant authenticated and marked shipped. 1 week later tracking still showed not picked up. Contacted and they canceled and issued a coupon.
#2 popular AJ6 limited. Used coupon. Bought at a very low price. Didn't pass Authentication and refunded. The sell history was erased for my order on the product page bc it wasn't authenticated. Next day saw another listing back up for more money. Eventually was purchased. And even now that buy price shows on the history, so we know it passed. very fishy.

Anyone had an issue of failing authentication? First time it's happened to me..

Pair of RC UBs sat in pending for a while as "authenticated" then it moved to completed sales as "authentication failed"

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? :nerd:

Anyone had an issue of failing authentication? First time it's happened to me..

Pair of RC UBs sat in pending for a while as "authenticated" then it moved to completed sales as "authentication failed"

Wondering if this has happened to anyone else? :nerd:

Yes. On an authentic pair of Concords. F'ers literally put them under a magnifying glass and said the stitching about 1/8' wide on the heel where the patent leather meets wasn't up to snuff and they had a glue stain. I s**t you not. TBH, really kind of turned me off on them because at least Goat will try to work with the buyers and let them be the deciding factor on whether they're willing to accept. StockX didn't charge me and sent them back for free because they are authentic and due to my selling history with them, but still irked me and the way they handled it.

And as a side note, if I'm not paid within say a few hours of receiving them, I get a little nervous considering the experience above. Expect for them to send you an email explaining why they failed, too.

Yes. On an authentic pair of Concords. F'ers literally put them under a magnifying glass and said the stitching about 1/8' wide on the heel where the patent leather meets wasn't up to snuff and they had a glue stain. I s**t you not. TBH, really kind of turned me off on them because at least Goat will try to work with the buyers and let them be the deciding factor on whether they're willing to accept. StockX didn't charge me and sent them back for free because they are authentic and due to my selling history with them, but still irked me and the way they handled it.

And as a side note, if I'm not paid within say a few hours of receiving them, I get a little nervous considering the experience above. Expect for them to send you an email explaining why they failed, too.

Thanks man.. waiting for the email ugh. It's been about 6 hours since I noticed they changed it from authenticated to authentication failed smh

My first problem with stockx, which after reading some posts in here I guess I should be thankful for :smh:

Thanks man.. waiting for the email ugh. It's been about 6 hours since I noticed they changed it from authenticated to authentication failed smh

My first problem with stockx, which after reading some posts in here I guess I should be thankful for :smh:

Unfortunately, it's completely subjective and you're at the mercy of whomever is inspecting your shoes. Just another reason I prefer Goat to buy and sell. Plus, I'm in SD and literally paid the next day.

4A992AA8-8551-4455-8CB9-5A980A9B0C2A.jpeg

Well here ya go.. sent back to me because of a stain :lol:

You know one thing I appreciate about StockX is when you buy DS, you get 100% DS shoes. I bought chicago 13's on Stockx that looked and smelled fresh from the factory. It felt good to buy a "fresh" pair.
IDK when or how in the world "worn 1 x" or "tried on in the house/outside" is being listed on ebay as DS. I hunt on ebay a lot and the **** I've seen being listed as NIB and claimed to be DS is ridiculous. Laces all hanging loose, jumpman worn out insoles, creases, bro it's silly.

You know one thing I appreciate about StockX is when you buy DS, you get 100% DS shoes. I bought chicago 13's on Stockx that looked and smelled fresh from the factory. It felt good to buy a "fresh" pair.
IDK when or how in the world "worn 1 x" or "tried on in the house/outside" is being listed on ebay as DS. I hunt on ebay a lot and the **** I've seen being listed as NIB and claimed to be DS is ridiculous. Laces all hanging loose, jumpman worn out insoles, creases, bro it's silly.

I've gotten shoes from StockX that were def tried on along with pairs that were 100% DS. If you expect pristine shoes every time just giving you a heads up or you'll be disappointed soon enough.

Curious how many shoes you’ve purchased from StockX? You’re going to get shoes people have tried on, that’s the reality. I’d tend to lean towards GOAT if you’re looking for something “more perfect” if there even is such a thing ...

It’s even on their own site: “
StockX defines a "Deadstock" pair of sneakers as unworn and complete with original box including box lid, as would be acceptable for sale at a retail location. This may or may not include additional accessories, laces, manufacturer tags, special packaging, etc. We also do not accept B-grades at this time.

As with sneakers sold at retail, some pairs will pass "Deadstock" inspection despite being unlaced, tried on for fitment, and/or slight manufacturer flaws and imperfections that are uncontrollable.“

http://help.stockx.com/general-information/how-does-stockx-define-deadstock-sneakers

Just got a pair of royal 1 from them but they ended up being suspicious . Can I have some thoughts of what I should do now

Attachments

• IMG_2305.JPG
    IMG_2305.JPG
    230.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_2304.JPG
    IMG_2304.JPG
    158.5 KB · Views: 53
So I sold a pair of Zebras and I get an email from Mark saying they didn’t pass verification due to having a defect on the sole. These never left the box so it’s all from the factory. Would you guys consider this a defect? Now it’s listed under my list of sneakers as “Failed Authenticaton”. I know nobody see my list but it’s still incorrect as they are legit. ‍♂️

Attachments

• 0A191758-D2BE-4E55-8D97-E1B3E0ACFC70.jpeg
    0A191758-D2BE-4E55-8D97-E1B3E0ACFC70.jpeg
    114.3 KB · Views: 46
  • 216E0FE4-7A04-4697-B4BA-491369A6C4E0.jpeg
    216E0FE4-7A04-4697-B4BA-491369A6C4E0.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 38
It looks like first that can be cleaned no? Or is it permanent?
I didn’t even know it was there but it looks like it could have been rubbed off pretty easily. I’m surprised they couldn’t just do it for me and complete the sale. You’d think they go the extra to make both parties happy. I’m not saying give it a thourough scrub down. But it’s nothing a moist towelette couldn’t fix.

Hey, so I recently tried selling my DS Nas Tee through StockX, and after shipping it out, they are trying to tell me that my item failed the authentication test. I even included the original bag/stickers that were included with the unopened item. I have my emailed/paper receipt to prove that it is legit.

Im worried because I also sent out my DS pair of Royals 1s to them too...

What should I do in this situation? Has anyone had to deal with this problem? I read that upon failing the test, they can do whatever they want with the product (and not even return it to the seller). It just seems so ****ing shady and I hope they do not turn out to be that type of company.

Back
Top Bottom