Has Anyone Ever Met A Sociopath?

My father is a sociopath.

One example is the pathological lying....he tells everyone he has an M.D., Ph.D., AND was a Colonel for the army. Based on these lies, he has accumulated over $300,000 from friends and acquaintances, some of which are actual doctors but for some reason do not check the medical board to see that he has no license. In actuality, he retired in 2004 as an electrical engineer claiming that he was discriminated against.

I can give examples for all of these "symptoms" except for the "Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency."

I know a few of the non-violent types for sure. MY ex may be one.. I'd assume the guys I know with a body count fit that description as well..

i am one.
tired.gif

i fit almost all of those symptoms. i've just always kind of been like that. i don't think i'm a full blown sociopath or anything because my desire to fit in to society outweighs my desire to act out my inner desires. for example, for a long period in my life i had little to no sympathy for others. but over time i socially conditioned myself to show sympathy where it would be expected of me to show sympathy so that i wasnt insulted, ostracized, etc. at first all the sympathy i showed was a fake pretense, but over time i conditioned myself to the point where i was actually able to feel sympathy in those situations. medical sociopaths are, like, actually incapable of feeling sympathy.

i'm just grateful that i had a proper upbringing. i watched a special on people with sociopathic tendencies and most of the ones who went haywire were abused, bullied, etc.

i fit almost all of those symptoms. i've just always kind of been like that. i don't think i'm a full blown sociopath or anything because my desire to fit in to society outweighs my desire to act out my inner desires. for example, for a long period in my life i had little to no sympathy for others. but over time i socially conditioned myself to show sympathy where it would be expected of me to show sympathy so that i wasnt insulted, ostracized, etc. at first all the sympathy i showed was a fake pretense, but over time i conditioned myself to the point where i was actually able to feel sympathy in those situations. medical sociopaths are, like, actually incapable of feeling sympathy.

i'm just grateful that i had a proper upbringing. i watched a special on people with sociopathic tendencies and most of the ones who went haywire were abused, bullied, etc.

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

There are 300 million sociopaths in the world (about 5% of the population) I'm sure SOMEONE on NT must BE a Sociopath.
Hope you didn't miss the "grimey stuff you've done" thread. Some people on here are straight up sociopaths, if their stories are to be believed.

I'm the polar opposite of that. I empathize to the point that it sometimes becomes detrimental to my life.
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by OGMIKEY

Originally Posted by Kurt Wagner

There are 300 million sociopaths in the world (about 5% of the population) I'm sure SOMEONE on NT must BE a Sociopath.
Hope you didn't miss the "grimey stuff you've done" thread. Some people on here are straight up sociopaths, if their stories are to be believed.

I'm the polar opposite of that. I empathize to the point that it sometimes becomes detrimental to my life.
ohwell.gif

My cousin is diagnosed as one. He's also my best friend because he's the only person I know similar to myself. Probably not a great sign but eh, I'm not diagnosed.

Pretty sure most people that surf b regularly have sociopathic tendencies
laugh.gif

My cousin is diagnosed as one. He's also my best friend because he's the only person I know similar to myself. Probably not a great sign but eh, I'm not diagnosed.

Pretty sure most people that surf b regularly have sociopathic tendencies
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

I know a few of the non-violent types for sure. MY ex may be one.. I'd assume the guys I know with a body count fit that description as well..

As in high number of sexual partners?

Originally Posted by HOOSIERdaddy282

As in high number of sexual partners?

slowly turning into one the older i get.. a total 180 from being a pushover all of my childhood
only wish it would've started sooner
ohwell.gif
... every man for himself

Back
Top Bottom