Has gone to Poop!

Ads are super annoying but I understand we need $$$ for the site to keep going

ezgif-2-d34b07c2580b.gif

Honestly just cough up the 20 for ad free. It’s worth it.

You cant click on certain media.
Which types of media are you referring to?
Other media plays but choppy AF.
On mobile or desktop? What device are you using? Keep in mind, the performance of externally hosted content is generally dependent on their servers and your connection.
When typing on mobile **** moves because of ads loading and ****.
Ads load in last. I think everyone would agree with that prioritization. I’ll ask the team what can be done, but the solution that immediately springs to mind is to allot sufficient space for the largest possible ad unit that may load in - which would create gaps if the space winds up being unused.

Is that a worthy trade?

When clicking on mobile it forces a popup add.
If this happens to you again, take a screen shot and share it with us. Pop up ads shouldn’t be allowed in and the team is instructed to block them ASAP.

We have a reporting thread for that here: https://niketalk.com/threads/popup-ads-on-nt.670745/

Posting emojis has been the only issue I've had.

And I have to click post reply.

Wait for keyboard to disappear then hit poast reply again.

the new format isn't really better or worse to me ...just different.

which makes me wonder... who asked for this?
cause it definitely isn't an upgrade

im not tripping though...just wondering for sake of discussion

Posting emojis has been the only issue I've had.

And I have to click post reply.

Wait for keyboard to disappear then hit poast reply again.
What's the issue you've been having with emojis?

the new format isn't really better or worse to me ...just different.

which makes me wonder... who asked for this?
cause it definitely isn't an upgrade

im not tripping though...just wondering for sake of discussion
The forum software we use was approaching the end of its developer support. The new version, which actually does include a number of useful updates and permits custom developed features, like the thread image galleries, would not work with out existing site theme.

While we were reasonably satisfied with the theme we had, it wasn't complaint with current accessibility guidelines. (e.g. it was unsuitable for users with certain forms of color blindness.) We hired a designer to create a theme that would meet those guidelines and updated the forum software.

If we didn't:
  1. The software would've been out of support and created a security risk.
  2. The lack of an accessible theme was inconsiderate and could've created a liability risk.

Is there any site on the internet that is a paid forum? Honestly i spend more time on this than i do like with random stuff i spend money on - would be worth $10 a month to have a no ads clean site with quality people

Is there any site on the internet that is a paid forum? Honestly i spend more time on this than i do like with random stuff i spend money on - would be worth $10 a month to have a no ads clean site with quality people
nope cause it would cease to exist if they charged 10$ a month

We offer account upgrades for users who want to remove display ads from their experience: https://niketalk.com/account/upgrades

Which types of media are you referring to?
a lot of stuff that needs an action (press play) to actualize. It does not matter if it's from IG, Tweeter, YT etc. Sometimes you can hit play and it works and others is like a still image with play logo (have to refresh several times)

On mobile or desktop? What device are you using? Keep in mind, the performance of externally hosted content is generally dependent on their servers and your connection.
I been using mobile ... this issue is the first time I have encountered it. For example I pressed play on a video and I heard everything but the picture was frozen... I refreshed and then it became choppy video perfect sound, eventually it worked.

Ads load in last. I think everyone would agree with that prioritization. I’ll ask the team what can be done, but the solution that immediately springs to mind is to allot sufficient space for the largest possible ad unit that may load in - which would create gaps if the space winds up being unused.
bet, I understand ... it is annoying AF though ... never had that problem with the older site. On this it jumps from the text message and stuff. I also think is as as change sometimes.

If this happens to you again, take a screen shot and share it with us. Pop up ads shouldn’t be allowed in and the team is instructed to block them ASAP.
What I mean is that if I try to jump to another part of the forum, when I click on what normally will take me there .. the action will result in a popup screen with a random store.
20191103_191912.jpg

20191103_191851.jpg

I have to refresh the page or just open a new one

thanks

What's the issue you've been having with emojis?

The forum software we use was approaching the end of its developer support. The new version, which actually does include a number of useful updates and permits custom developed features, like the thread image galleries, would not work with out existing site theme.

While we were reasonably satisfied with the theme we had, it wasn't complaint with current accessibility guidelines. (e.g. it was unsuitable for users with certain forms of color blindness.) We hired a designer to create a theme that would meet those guidelines and updated the forum software.

If we didn't:
  1. The software would've been out of support and created a security risk.
  2. The lack of an accessible theme was inconsiderate and could've created a liability risk.

For me it just has a long lag and delay when I'm choosing and selecting then.

They load fine when I'm browsing it's just when I'm the one trying to post them.

a lot of stuff that needs an action (press play) to actualize. It does not matter if it's from IG, Tweeter, YT etc. Sometimes you can hit play and it works and others is like a still image with play logo (have to refresh several times)

he's right, its been happening to me when IG imbeds not playing.

Back
Top Bottom