Has the Music in 2011 So Far Not Been That Great?

I've been catching up on music the past few weeks.
I've downloaded dozens of albums that got some buzz/good reviews.

To be honest, it seems like 2010 > 2011.

Like there have been some good albums, but not the same amount that was released last year. 

Does anyone else feel this way as well?

I had to turn off the t.v. and plug it out, I was tired of seeing J. Cole, we went to St. Johns together, and I'm an artist also, but he puttin out some decent material.  But other than that Khlaed, Drake, Ross, Wayne, and Ace Hood all been on their grizzy as of late!!!

Originally Posted by heavenlee777

Like there have been some good albums, but not the same amount that was released last year. 

No

Yeah 2010 > 2011 so far for me. But it doesnt help that like 2 good albums came out last month. And it doesnt help that last year was an anomaly in quality. 2011's still been a great year though.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

No

laugh.gif
damn.

Maybe i'm listening to the wrong stuff.

I know there are gonna be some great releases in the next two months though.
Hopefully that will change my mind.

Originally Posted by ThrowedInDaGame

No
This. name some albums you've listened to, hopefully you've heard
Spoiler [+]
220px-Underneath_the_Pine.jpg

Rap as a business is dying if yall havent noticed.

Its been a decent year for indies tho overall

Originally Posted by Mike Dolla

I had to turn off the t.v. and plug it out, I was tired of seeing J. Cole, we went to St. Johns together, and I'm an artist also, but he puttin out some decent material.  But other than that Khlaed, Drake, Ross, Wayne, and Ace Hood all been on their grizzy as of late!!!
eyes.gif

I very rarely see J Cole on TV... but cant go 10 mins without seeing a Ross or Wayne video, or at least dropping a verse, not hating, just saying

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Spoiler [+]

I liked Underneath the Pine. I've listened to most of the big albums.
As I am looking at my iTunes, Winter/Spring were very solid, but I think the past two months were sort of boring. 

Maybe that's why I feel this way haha, because the bulk of the albums I've downloaded were from the June/July.

Yeah, I agree that rap has been slow, but the next few months look good.

hopefully it'll get better...i haven't really been too impressed with much this year either...last year there were plenty of releases out by this time that were amazing...thus far, i can probably count it on one hand...but lately, i've been browsing through Soundcloud and finding some amazing music...some from this year, and some from last that i just never heard...

kinda a thread jack, but i'm still looking for this song

http://niketalk.yuku.com/...NEED-HELP-FINDING-A-SONG

heard it on one of those stream sites and can't even get results by typing the lyrics in google

Hell yeah this year has been disappointing. There's some great music out there, just not a ton of it. Hoping the second year is better.

Originally Posted by 504 D1 Prospect

Spoiler [+]

I liked Underneath the Pine. I've listened to most of the big albums.
As I am looking at my iTunes, Winter/Spring were very solid, but I think the past two months were sort of boring. 

Maybe that's why I feel this way haha, because the bulk of the albums I've downloaded were from the June/July.

Yeah, I agree that rap has been slow, but the next few months look good.

iight, i thought you was only listening to rap/hip-hop from your OP

are yall talking bout rap or other genres as well? cuz outside of rap '11 been a pretty solid year

i don't wanna say better than because i don't feel like seeing pointless arguemnts. BUT i PERSONALLY enjoyed House of Balloons more than anything i heard last year so i gotta disagree.

Back
Top Bottom