has this new generation of kids invent ANYTHING new fashionwise?

Originally Posted by superblyTRIFE

"...I said, well daddy don't you know that things go in cycles
The way that Bobby Brown is just ampin like Michael..."

You have a great taste in music Sir.

If I recall correctly you made a thread when Soldier of Love dropped. If it wasn't for that thread I would have never discovered her(or their) amazing music.
pimp.gif

Anyways... Props on the Q-Tip quote.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Originally Posted by ninjahood

printed tights been around for a min.....

i think i can think of 1 thing...

c-white.jpg

brazilian moleton stretch pants....
pimp.gif
Didn't Derrick Rose wear these in his most recent GQ shoot?
laugh.gif
roll.gif
 but yes this is very true...everything gets retro'd at some point tho for the most part

Hasn't been anything seriously different since the 90's. The 00's were first about the millenium turn and then focused on retro-ing. Hell, even the 90's were more or less the 80's with less neon colors and more African influence.

Truth, there was alot of Kente cloth in the early 90s lol...my mom used to have the illest Kente cloth jogging suit

this is part of the reason I feel like this era is coming or has already came to an end. Fashion/ self expression is not even original anymore.

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

forgot about this

keffiyeh scarves worn specifically like this
hipster.jpg
Not even. Squatters, punkrockers and activists to the political left (and by extension high school stoners) have been wearing keffiyeh's like this since at least the 90's here in Europe.
Kids today just replaced the m60 jackets, punkrock hoodies and doc martens with fitteds/snapbacks, hipster glasses and jordans. 

Can't think of anything, thought about this some time ago. Even your thoughts aren't original.

jk but really not much originality. Skinny jeans, slim suits, 80's pastel colors, boat shoes, high end brands, J's, plaid, cargo shorts, huge sunglasses, Wayfarer's, preppy clothes... Nothing new.

Originally Posted by NinerFaithful

forgot about this

keffiyeh scarves worn specifically like this
hipster.jpg

I'll NEVER get this....warm enough to wear short-sleeves....but chilly enough to wear a scarf???? 
laugh.gif

Sometimes people try TOO hard to be "fashionable."  It's like common-sense goes out the window. 

Same *#+! for rocking a beanie in warm weather. 

There is nothing new to fashion, and there won't be for at least another three or four years (maybe even longer). Kids nowadays are doing things for the "nostalgia" of a decade they were barely apart of. "Tumblr famous" young men and women are dictating what's "cool" fashion wise for their respective genders. And I personally don't think there's anything you can do fashion wise that hasn't already been done. Like so many people have said in here, No idea's original.

Back
Top Bottom