Have an interview with AT&T today

Had a phone interview went well , had a face to face interview , it was more of a conversation getting to know me and my previous experience in sales , had a few side talks about phones , tablets ,showed a lot of energy , passion , and knowledge , anyone work there as of now to give me a little knowledge of the hiring process?

Last edited:
Had a phone interview went well , had a face to face interview , it was more of a conversation getting to know me and my previous experience in sales , had a few side talks about phones , tablets ,showed a lot of energy , passion , and knowledge , anyone work there as of now to give me a little knowledge of the hiring process?

its long...

next step will be getting a call from HR to set up a background/drugtest

then after you get the job offer they'll schedule you for training... which is 4 weeks long.

yep. I worked there.

From what I can remember, its relatively quick. There's quick turnover so they're probably looking TK fill a spot quick.

Training takes awhile so they tend to speed the process up.

After the phone interview, they'll probably have you go in and speak with the assistant man anger and manager of the store.

You may also have to take a test to gauge your honesty and general awareness like "if the drawer is short at the end of the night, what do you do" type questions.

As far as pay, depending on where you are, you'll be around 45-50k for hitting your goals full time... But if you go get it, work OT, and know how the commission structure works, you can pull in 60-70k

I was part time and on pace for $49k (30 hours) a week.

Of you get the job, you're going to be naturally a stronger salesman because there will be a bunch of older guys making $22 an hour and will just show up and ride the clock. They'll have their steady customers and can damn near guarantee a 54-60k year... They don't need TK hustle.

Its a pretty cool job and I'd recommend anyone to give it a shout of you need money, not sure what you want to do, in between a career switch, like technology, or able to deal with people...

I wish I did it while I was undergrad.

EDIT:just seen you came from footlocker. Me too bro!

Same amount of experience and everything...

You'll be fine...

And the money is SOOO much better than FL.

I made more part time than many many MANAGERs at footlocker.

And full time, you'd be pulling in small district manager money.

Last edited:
yep. I worked there.

From what I can remember, its relatively quick. There's quick turnover so they're probably looking TK fill a spot quick.

Training takes awhile so they tend to speed the process up.

After the phone interview, they'll probably have you go in and speak with the assistant man anger and manager of the store.

You may also have to take a test to gauge your honesty and general awareness like "if the drawer is short at the end of the night, what do you do" type questions.

As far as pay, depending on where you are, you'll be around 45-50k for hitting your goals full time... But if you go get it, work OT, and know how the commission structure works, you can pull in 60-70k

I was part time and on pace for $49k (30 hours) a week.

Of you get the job, you're going to be naturally a stronger salesman because there will be a bunch of older guys making $22 an hour and will just show up and ride the clock. They'll have their steady customers and can damn near guarantee a 54-60k year... They don't need TK hustle.

Its a pretty cool job and I'd recommend anyone to give it a shout of you need money, not sure what you want to do, in between a career switch, like technology, or able to deal with people...

I wish I did it while I was undergrad.

EDIT:just seen you came from footlocker. Me too bro!

Same amount of experience and everything...

You'll be fine...

And the money is SOOO much better than FL.

I made more part time than many many MANAGERs at footlocker.

And full time, you'd be pulling in small district manager money.

Wow! , I heard they pay good bro , one of my friends that work for AT&T said that they need people really bad! , The lady said she would give me a call within 7 days if I qualify for the position and move forward in candidacy

yeah I actually have been working at AT&T for going on 3 years now. They pay is pretty good. If telesales you don't have to call customers they call you. The job gets a little repetitive. Some customers are fraud they call just to run a persons credit to see if the can do something with there information. OP, what city you going to be working in?

Wow! , I heard they pay good bro , one of my friends that work for AT&T said that they need people really bad! , The lady said she would give me a call within 7 days if I qualify for the position and move forward in candidacy

I worked at ATT briefly, and I can cosign most of what Fontaine said with the exception of the pay. Usually your base salary depends on the area that you live in. In Metro Washington, for example, the base salary ranges from as low as $25k for someone new to sales to $35k for someone with a few years of sales experience. In rural Maryland, however, the base is $5k - $10k lower because the standard of living is lower out there.

On top of your base salary is your at-risk pay (commission) which is usually about $12k - $15k more than your base. The cool part about ATT is that they have what is called ramp-up, which basically guarantees your commission for the first 6 months. Its on a sliding scale so you might make $1,200 in guaranteed commission for the month your in training and then $900 the month after, $600, $300, $300, and $300 for the months after that. The thing to remember about ramp up is that it isn't on top of your commission, so you can't hit your commissionable goals and get the ramp up on top of that. In other words, if you sell $900 worth of stuff your first month out of training, then they will bump your commission up to the full commission target.

Anyway I can also tell you that it has gotten harder to hit your top commission targets in recent years. In the past, ATT reps got paid well for smartphone and data upgrades, but now its mostly about selling the company's installment plan and security system. If you aren't already familiar with ATT Next and Digital LIie, then I suggests you get acquainted quick because that's where the company is going to expect you to hit your goals.

Lastly, I hope you're comfortable with the retail schedule, and by that I mean working weekends, holidays, and long days (9-11 hrs). Everything at ATT is based on seniority so as a new rep you won't really get much choice as far as schedule goes. I hope this helps and if you have any other questions let me know.

Last edited:
yeah I actually have been working at AT&T for going on 3 years now. They pay is pretty good. If telesales you don't have to call customers they call you. The job gets a little repetitive. Some customers are fraud they call just to run a persons credit to see if the can do something with there information. OP, what city you going to be working in?

If I get the job , I'm going to be working in New Orleans . They called me pretty QUICK, so I guess they need to fill in spots . She asked me ALOT about footlocker , like rewards ,leadership, commission , Etc .

I work at FNL as a Assistant Manager, started as an associate & promoted in 6 months to a manager. I've been one for a year & a half.
Kinda' want to open my options to T-Mobile (Have a phone with them for 4 going on 5 years) or AT&T. Just want to get out there & make bigger money as a manager. First year in & had a $95,000 sales gain.

I heard the pay has drastically decreased as far as cellphone sales positions. No longer folks taking home crazy figures because they changed the salary structure. I could be wrong.

How much you made as an assistant manager? And what state are you in? Just curious.

I make 13 an hour, & located in TX.
Before becoming a manager the year before I got to my store was last in the district in sales.
Had a great turn around in my first year. On to my 2nd year & want to smash my last years numbers.

My job is more of a hobby honestly, I get all the Retro's I want, meet a lot of people, discounts & at times get free shoes. 15 minutes away from my house.

I am ready to use this experience to get another manager job. Since most retailers at least require one year of manager exp.

Back
Top Bottom