have you ever quit a job on the spot? any lasting consequences?

i'm at wits end with one (of two) of my jobs. i could afford to quit it, cause i could pick up shifts at the other. i've been there for 5.5 years, and i have this new manager that none of us can stand. i'd love to just walk out on her, but it doesnt seem practical, and she seems like the type that would bad mouth me on a reference even though i think i'm a pretty good employee.

bottom line, i'm probably just going to give two weeks like i should, but i was just wondering, whats NT's experience with quitting on the spot? did it keep you from getting other jobs in the future?

Pretty much walked out on them, called and said I didn't want to work anymore.

Took it off my resume since it has nothing to do with my field anyway. And I got other jobs I can list as references.

Seeing that you've been there for 5 years, I'd say its more practical to put in the 2 weeks.. 5 years is a lot of experience, and to see that go down the drain would suck.

Yep. Walked out on my lunch break. It was my second day. I hung the I.D. badge on the door of the human resources office and a note that said this is not the job for me. Never listed it on my resume. No problems

I worked at a Nike outlet for a year and the last few months I hated it. One day I clocked out for lunch and never went back. 

It is ok to quit a JOB...not a CAREER.  Trust me....I can vouch for this one.  Took me  a lot of hard work, swallowing of the pride, networking, and God to get me back on the right path. 

I have the pdf file separation file of how I bounced....

quit CVS right before graduation without a notice after working there throughout HS i couldnt do it anymore........oh well im in a better place now so f it

Originally Posted by Lil Cao

Pretty much walked out on them, called and said I didn't want to work anymore.

Took it off my resume since it has nothing to do with my field anyway. And I got other jobs I can list as references.

Seeing that you've been there for 5 years, I'd say its more practical to put in the 2 weeks.. 5 years is a lot of experience, and to see that go down the drain would suck.

Don't burn bridges...never know when a reference or your paths may cross again.  It is a SMALL WORLD....(large print for emphasis).  

If you've been at any job that long, put in your two weeks. You don't want that chunk of your life not showing up on a resume.

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

Don't burn bridges...never know when a reference or your paths may cross again.  It is a SMALL WORLD....(large print for emphasis).  

This. Put your 2 weeks in OP.

Originally Posted by bbrroowwnnssuuggaarr

I worked at a Nike outlet for a year and the last few months I hated it. One day I clocked out for lunch and never went back. 

i did the same at the Levis outlet when i was 16. I worked there for 5 months

Originally Posted by JUSTBLAZE2k7

Originally Posted by JesusShuttlesworth34

This. Put your 2 weeks in OP.

Few years back, my co-manager had the nerve to tell me I couldn't come in an hour late due to my grandmas 90th birthday. This is despite the fact that I would always let her leave early on the weekends without trippin, I am talking hours early. Came in late anyway, she gave me @%%# so I gave her the key, and bounced. Felt amazing.

If you have been there for a while and it's going to leave a huge employment gap on your resume, put the two weeks notice in. Trust me.

I would say put in the two weeks notice. If this job is pertaining to your career field dont risk it. If it is just some extra job that has nothing to do with your career field violate that &@!$#

Originally Posted by blacktopking319

quit CVS right before graduation without a notice after working there throughout HS i couldnt do it anymore........oh well im in a better place now so f it

coincidence... im talking about a CVS..
laugh.gif

thanks fellas. calling in sick today, prob going with the two weeks on wednesday. >.

If you want to leave it on your resume, which I think you would since its 5 years of experience, put in the two weeks. And even though you don't like that job, you never know if you may need that job back.

Back
Top Bottom