HBO: † "The Leftovers" Series Discussion...†

Were you satisfied with the ending?

• Yes, completely. It was perfect.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • 50/50, I wanted a little more closure to some loose ends.

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, way too much focus on Nora.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • HELL NO! I wanted the mystery of the 2% disappeared to be explained.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
This season has been :smokin :smokin

Interested to see what plot lines they leave open for the future (prays there will be a Season 3). I'm very intrigued by the Nora storyline, with her being a "lens"...

Maybe they needed to lose their clothes in case they brought dogs or CSI type people to search for them. So they were just practicing. Shrug.

I don't know about another season, the characters they introduced this season have pretty much all been a hit, and that's tough to replicate. My favorite character is Matt, straight up calling ol girl on her ********. 
pimp.gif

Maybe they needed to lose their clothes in case they brought dogs or CSI type people to search for them. So they were just practicing. Shrug.

Still should be able to pick up their scent though

I don't know about another season, the characters they introduced this season have pretty much all been a hit, and that's tough to replicate. My favorite character is Matt, straight up calling ol girl on her ********.  :pimp:

The premise of the show doesnt have to change, just do it how they did this one. Pick up n move it to a new town with new cast and we follow their struggles

Still should be able to pick up their scent though
The premise of the show doesnt have to change, just do it how they did this one. Pick up n move it to a new town with new cast and we follow their struggles
That's what I'm saying though, I think part of the reason this season is so good is because of the new cast.

if they just reboot everyone season it would be wack imo

that whole "move to a new town" is the kind of trick they can only pull once

if theres a season 3 im content with whatever they do

i happened to like s1

I feel like with the way things are moving in the town, the main characters will have to leave Jarden. The GR showing up is going to push a lot of people over the edge, and the new people (Kevin, Nora, etc) might get exiled. John is crazy, and I'd bet he's going to think Kevin had something to do with whatever happens to Evie in the finale.

I'm in for a new season regardless. Show has been great.

They can move to a new place again if they want. Just make all of Jarden fall in to a sinkhole after a huge earthquake.

It would catch all of the fans off guard.

I don't know about another season, the characters they introduced this season have pretty much all been a hit, and that's tough to replicate. My favorite character is Matt, straight up calling ol girl on her ********. 
pimp.gif
Matt is an OG man, about everything.

Real one

Matt is gold in his scenes

Props to the 9th doctor

Evie need to run some more

Regina davis...... woooooooooo

I just went back and re-watched the first season.

I totally forgot his first vision of Patti's ghost was when he was "dreaming" that conversation with his dad and he told him not to turn around but he did anyway. I'm trying to link that moment with everything we know now that happened afterwards. Was that really just some daydream or did that happen in some "other" realm.

I just went back and re-watched the first season.

I totally forgot his first vision of Patti's ghost was when he was "dreaming" that conversation with his dad and he told him not to turn around but he did anyway. I'm trying to link that moment with everything we know now that happened afterwards. Was that really just some daydream or did that happen in some "other" realm.

I thought that convo actually took place when Kevin went to visit his dad (as in he was fully awake)

I thought that convo actually took place when Kevin went to visit his dad (as in he was fully awake)
He wakes up in the car w/ Matt immediately after the dream sequence ends.

If it was a real time event, then that means that it was never explained how the dad could see and speak to each other.

s2 > s1 so far. I know the finale will underwhelm but at least it is building toward something big.

Meg suck i hope she does suicide
Kevin is annoying too forever sweating and anxious
Nora is cool and so is the daughter
Some how palm reader guy has to play a part in the end
The guy on the bridge theory is def interesting would love to see that come into play but knowing this show it won't. Just another "look how twisted and crazy the plot is....just kidding we just put stuff in the show to look smart but it really doesn't matter in the end"

I am really hoping the whole season follows the first episode. The symbolism of the cave man scene i fell like should tie the story together. So the cave collapsed (first disappearance) and people tried to move on right? Like pattie said you can sit around and look for signs of life or just move on....but the chick gets bit by the snake defending her kid and dies after that. So the finale has to be that? and end with the baby getting picked up and taken care of?

Last edited:
I am really hoping the whole season follows the first episode. The symbolism of the cave man scene i fell like should tie the story together. So the cave collapsed (first disappearance) and people tried to move on right? Like pattie said you can sit around and look for signs of life or just move on....but the chick gets bit by the snake defending her kid and dies after that. So the finale has to be that? and end with the baby getting picked up and taken care of?

Huh?

What makes the cave the first disappearance? They just died from either being trapped or rock falling on them.

The baby did get picked up by another caveman woman who was nearby where the mom died.

I do also have a feeling that the opening scene means something but i doubt we get an explanation or they elaborate on it. The eagle/hawk or whatevwr means something though, life & death. It was squawking just before the earthquake, then when she had the baby, then when she was dying, it came back just before Kevin jumped down the well or after he jumped down jus before the quake

I mean the symbolic "cave collapsing" was the first departure. Their world collapsed during the first departure

I am just making this up based on what Pattie said in the well. She was like on oct 14th our cave collapsed kevin do we stay around and look for signs of life and dig through the rubble or do we move on.

So maybe they are moving on now...and the snake biting is soon to come. Which may be Meg's big reveal? I don't know

Again i am just making this up :lol:

Last edited:
Currently baby sitting while getting heisman'd on her quest for the fever of the jungle

And sitting in silence being awkward staring at moms :lol:

Michael slackin, if making moves foolin around he might as well slide it in, it aint no diff he already crossed the line

I forgot Laurie is there 
laugh.gif

Speaking of Jill..spotted her in this trailer 

Last edited:
I mean the symbolic "cave collapsing" was the first departure. Their world collapsed during the first departure

I am just making this up based on what Pattie said in the well. She was like on oct 14th our cave collapsed kevin do we stay around and look for signs of life and dig through the rubble or do we move on.

So maybe they are moving on now...and the snake biting is soon to come. Which may be Meg's big reveal? I don't know

Again i am just making this up :lol:

I read an article where lindelhof basically says the season will wrap up similarly to the cave woman scene.

If I had to guess, somebody dies with holy Wayne's kid in their arms. I haven't decided who I think it might be tho

Back
Top Bottom