HBO Series 'The Deuce' from David Simon coming Fall 2017

Just cuz he said he was going to B-more to help his cousin didn't really make me think it was a Wire reference :lol:

Is the name black Frankie or Frank or even Franklin ever even mentioned on the show? He'd be going there in the late 80s and assuming he aint die right away make it in to the 90s.
Said he was going to baltimore to help his cousin Nathan on the west side at Lexington terrace. Nathan Barksdale, iykyk

Said he was going to baltimore to help his cousin Nathan on the west side at Lexington terrace. Nathan Barksdale, iykyk
Wouldnt that be a reference to the real life drug dealer from B-more not the show?

I dont recall a Nathan Barksdale on The Wire.

Last edited:
i2rfkl519mv31.jpg

Wouldnt that be a reference to the real life drug dealer from B-more bot the show?

I dont recall a Nathan Barksdale on The Wire.

It ain’t difficult to figure this one out. David Simon referenced The Corner in The Wire and in turn, referenced The Wire in The Deuce. Again, iykyk...but in this case it seems iydkydk

It ain’t difficult to figure this one out. David Simon referenced The Corner in The Wire and in turn, referenced The Wire in The Deuce. Again, iykyk...but in this case it seems iydkydk
Its not difficult, its just not all that good of a reference.

a simple google of “Nathan Barksdale” will help you out, homie
I already said I know who he is or was that not clear when I said there's a difference between naming the first name of a real life drug dealer and the first name of a character that was actually on the show?

And I'll repeat it again since you want to ignore the fact, there is no Nathan Barksdale on The Wire. Nathan Barksdale was a real life B-more dealer that Simon has actually lied and say he didn't base Avon off of and didn't give his nickname to Bodie.

I definitely noticed The Wire reference by Black Frankie. Once he said West Baltimore, I knew what time it was :lol:

Back
Top Bottom