HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Stark difference in the love story. Wow.
Which was a great choice, because they really added so much depth to the character. When you see Bill at the beginning of the episode, you really think he was going to be just like the game version.

And if I were Joel, I would stocked up on as much ammo and weaponry as possible too.

Nice touch that Ellie is now wearing the same outfit from the game.

Nice touch that Ellie is now wearing the same outfit from the game.
And Joel's shirt...

And Bill's truck!
98sp25kr2by61.jpg

I really liked the transition from Bill getting shot, telling Frank to call Joel, leaving it up in the air if he'd even survive to then someone in a wheelchair 20 years later and it turns out to be Frank.

They sure did age like **** though.
For real. Joel only got a few grey hairs :lol:

jeezus. what a bunch of punches to the gut. i did not expect to feel those feels. what a ride so far.

Last edited:
Amazing episode.

Love how the show fleshes out character and their stories while also putting their own spin on it compared to the video games.

For some reason I was expecting Frank to crack Bill over the head when Bill was playing and sangin' on the piano. :lol:

Amazing episode.

Love how the show fleshes out character and their stories while also putting their own spin on it compared to the video games.

For some reason I was expecting Frank to crack Bill over the head when Bill was playing and sangin' on the piano. :lol:

That is 💯 what I expected :rofl:

And Joel's shirt...

And Bill's truck!
98sp25kr2by61.jpg
Is that pic from the PS3 or super compressed?
For real. Joel only got a few grey hairs :lol:
Joel has definitely gotten older. He’s got grey hairs and looks a lil worn down.

Someone spoiled the game on one of these podcasts and said there’s going to be human on human tension while they’re driving across the country.

Amazing episode.

Word. I had no idea what would happen so I thought Bill might shoot Frank before he even got out the hole :lol:

Was not expecting a love story.

That strawberry scene was :pimp:. Just beautifully acted and shot.The gamut of emotions the scene expresses in a short time is truly wonderful.

Yo these writers are in their ****ing bag.

Wasn't expecting them to take it this direction but that was beautifully done foreal.

When the first notes of On the nature of daylight dropped it was over for me :frown:

Absolutely love Pedro and Bella… they make the show… loved them since Bear Island and Dorne, and then it was like we had a one-off episode with two terrific actors separately. It’s so good.

Frank saw how perfect Bills hairdo was in the apocalypse and knew what time it was :lol:

Also where were they that was so strategically safe? I think i missed it.
I believe Joel said they would have nothing to worry about because fedra would never go out that far from the city just be worried about hunters

Nobody has an issue with this episode being about homosexuals because it was natural and progressive and fit the narrative originally written for the game. That's why nobody here in trippin and cool with it. That's a stark difference from what has become the norm in Hollywood which is force LGBTQ+ material in to every opportunity even when not needed.

I always wonder what people’s barometer for “forcing” LGBTQ+ stuff is. Like what’s the gauge for that?

If the Bill/Frank stuff wasn’t originally in the game, would you still be saying it was “natural and progressive”? Because that story could’ve easily been a man/woman and nobody would bat an eye.

And how do we determine when it’s needed and “not needed”? Like LGBTQ+ folks exist—how can we as non-LGBTQ+ people (presumably) say your story isn’t needed in this moment? I wonder if they say the same thing about the portrayal of straight couples?

I always wonder what people’s barometer for “forcing” LGBTQ+ stuff is. Like what’s the gauge for that?

If the Bill/Frank stuff wasn’t originally in the game, would you still be saying it was “natural and progressive”? Because that story could’ve easily been a man/woman and nobody would bat an eye.

And how do we determine when it’s needed and “not needed”? Like LGBTQ+ folks exist—how can we as non-LGBTQ+ people (presumably) say your story isn’t needed in this moment? I wonder if they say the same thing about the portrayal of straight couples?

Gay people simply existing is "forced" and "woke".

I’d say the barometer usually involves how the straight men, in said forced LGBTQ+ involved content, are treated.

Had this episode been made by Disney, Pedro would’ve probably acted like a goofball and Ron Swanson would’ve belittled him with sarcasm during lunch. Hell, they probably wouldn’t included scenes like him getting zapped by the electric fence when he came in or something silly:lol:

Back
Top Bottom