HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

Frank
s-l500.jpg

Bill
500Full.jpg

:lol:

Enjoyed the episode and was not expecting Bill to be written this way in the show. It was refreshing and cool to see that they opted to take a different route.

That was an amazing hour of television. Top tier acting and beautifully shot. Reminded me of an expanded version of the intro to “UP.” We were able to follow two people who loved each other dearly from the first time they met, to experiencing all the good and bad days they had, and finally witnessing the decision they ultimately make thus concluding a great hour of storytelling.

This show is 3/3 right now.

And yeah Chernobyl is an excellent, must watch series.

Another great episode.

And i’m okay with changing the story around, but i was really looking forward to Ellie & Bill interactions :lol:

sad we didn’t get to see any of that, but i’m happy with how it played out anyways. kudos to great story telling man - switched it up entirely and i ain’t even mad.

Damn, Swanson would’ve killed these scenes with those lines :lol:

As much criticism as NT gets for being male dominated, it’s refreshing to see the maturity given the last episode’s subject matter.

Sometimes, things can devolve into paranoid alphabet agenda getting pushed. When this was simply a beautiful story (and obviously ripped from the game I never played).

To those who have played the games, pacing aside, how do you like the changes?

Was this same storyline in the game? Them being gay?
From what I’ve heard, yes. Their fates are different. A few posts up shows the Bill in the game versus TV show. The fate of Frank is different. The raw, bitter, and defeated tone seeps into the games story. Whereas, this interpretation shows hope.

I really want to play the game too. All my ish is in storage and hate these spoilers. But I’m sure I’ll just take it as a different interpretation. And try to play part two prior to the HBO season 2.

Wow, this was a most unexpected episode... with all the changes from the game. A bitter-sweet, but lovely story for Bill and Frank. Certainly a much nicer ending to their lives than what happened in the game. Admittedly, I was looking forward to Bill's interaction with Ellie, but I'm ok with the changes. And as for Bill 'owing' Joel in the game... was probably when saved/took care of him after he was shot by those invaders?

All in all, though, this was a very nice backstory for Bill and Frank... but I'm kinda surprised they were able to survive for that long. Figured that they would have been attacked many times and had all their stuff stolen despite the traps!

Was this same storyline in the game? Them being gay?
In the game, we only meet Bill and only know about Frank from notes and letters we find around the area. They're gay in the game, but they had a huge fight and Frank ended up leaving and later committing suicide (we find his body hanging inside a house) with a really nasty note left for Bill.

Bill also didn't exactly get along with Ellie and their exchange was pretty funny.

As much criticism as NT gets for being male dominated, it’s refreshing to see the maturity given the last episode’s subject matter.

Sometimes, things can devolve into paranoid alphabet agenda getting pushed. When this was simply a beautiful story (and obviously ripped from the game I never played).

Nobody has an issue with this episode being about homosexuals because it was natural and progressive and fit the narrative originally written for the game. That's why nobody here in trippin and cool with it. That's a stark difference from what has become the norm in Hollywood which is force LGBTQ+ material in to every opportunity even when not needed.

I mean it's 2023, given the age demographics of the forum, it would be pretty weird
if we were on some 2003 homophobia.

great change, in my memory the Bill and Frank detour is much a more video game contrivance to teach you about the game mechanics.

would have been boring as just narrative storytelling.

I looked elsewhere on the internet and saw some negativity.

Hopefully in 2024 or 2025, it won’t be volcanic for season two.

I looked elsewhere on the internet and saw some negativity.

Hopefully in 2024 or 2025, it won’t be volcanic for season two.

I mean yah the internet is a big place.
there are people are eating tide pods, and cooking chicken in Nyquil.

the percentage weirdos in socitey I think is pretty constant.
The internet just allows us to see way more of them.

I mean it's 2023, given the age demographics of the forum, it would be pretty weird
if we were on some 2003 homophobia.

great change, in my memory the Bill and Frank detour is much a more video game contrivance to teach you about the game mechanics.

would have been boring as just narrative storytelling.
Those attitudes are still here on NT, it is way better than some of the stuff that were said over a decade ago, but dudes hint at some really messed up views.

The reason we don't see more of it I think as to do as much with the moderation on here, and the fear of action by mods, as it does with people maturing

Wonder if they’ll do a the Last of Us Part Two to coincide with season two? 👀

I hear Part One is doing well on PS5 right now. Low key genius timing.

Wonder if they’ll do a the Last of Us Part Two to coincide with season two? 👀

I hear Part One is doing well on PS5 right now. Low key genius timing.

I believe they’ve confirmed Season 2 will cover Part ll as Part l will be covered completely in Season 1.

I believe they’ve confirmed Season 2 will cover Part ll as Part l will be covered completely in Season 1.
My question was more will they “remake” Part Two to coincide with the release of Season two? Or are they happy with Last of Us 2 and the current PS5 optimizations/upgrades?

No. It was implied. Frank wasn't even in the game, just Bill. Franks dead body did make a cameo though.
Ok.

Never played the game but knew it came out in the early 2010s so I was wondering if the relationship was in the game or if the show just decided to do that all on their own.

Either way it was well executed but if it had not been in the game I could see ppl complaining regardless of how good the ep was.

hope Joel took ALL the guns in that bunker. Would be cool to see them using the different traps and guns they have available in the game (Molotov cocktail, bow n arrow etc.)

Back
Top Bottom