HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

I like how it differs from the game, in both tone and story. Game is more grim. This previous episode captured the darkness of the game well, but still not as dark as the game imo. Probably because there’s more horror and violence in the game. Either way great show and great acting.

Then I must’ve started watching the full game 2 late into the playthrough, maybe missed the first 10-20%, because I thought that happened at the end of the first game.

I don’t have a PS so I had to watch Game 2 and didn’t see any of Game 1 until the events of this show.

Nah.

Some of y'all talking about characters/events from the second game when we just halfway through the first season of the show. :lol: :smh:

o yea.. needs to definitely be a line for that stuff

it’s like game of thrones before they decided to get cute and deviate from the books before they had to

I like how it differs from the game, in both tone and story. Game is more grim. This previous episode captured the darkness of the game well, but still not as dark as the game imo. Probably because there’s more horror and violence in the game. Either way great show and great acting.
Same here. In the official podcast, they discussed how they wanted to show the human side to the story for all characters. Like the dude Ellie shot in the back. In the game, he'd just be a 'bad guy' but on the show, they showed that he's someone that is also trying to survive like them too.

Sidenote: I did a rewatch of the last episode and the bloater is about to grab Pierce, you can hear the sound from the game's death cut scene. I thought that was a nice touch.

Dude was like a super evil version of groot

I am glad they killed off that leader of the resistance

She’s a terrible actress and her lines were so bad

I never bought into her, they could have found a much better fit

My girl was the only part of the show I haven't liked so far.

I'm not sure if they intentionally went for Karen energy but she was insufferable.

TV Joel needs a shotgun. Too much rifle stuff when the shotgun is the best gun in the game.

I’m about to finish the 2nd game and I really forgotten how cool the killing in these games are. I actually died to a bloater on purpose so I could see it, the show nailed it. We need some hand to hand deaths man those are vicious in the game. The idea that all these normal people are now making makeshift weapons and bludgeoning people to death with them. Game sold it so well.

If her and her brother were able to survive 20 years under horrible fedra rule and then someone her brother trusted ratted him out, I’d be out for revenge too. She let it make her stupid though and ignore infected literally trying to rise up from the floor.

If her and her brother were able to survive 20 years under horrible fedra rule and then someone her brother trusted ratted him out, I’d be out for revenge too. She let it make her stupid though and ignore infected literally trying to rise up from the floor.
Pierce should've given her his bloater and she'd probably calm down

Yeah, she played her role well.

Saw she used to be married to the simp from Westworld.

I thought she was good, honestly.

I think her personality was part of what made you hate her so much.
My take is that she was never the "leader" of the resistance, she only fell into that role when her brother was arrested and killed. She may have led the resistance during the FEDRA overthrow, but I feel like that was due to her strongest supporters maybe feeling like they owed her brother and she was able to give orders where nobody else would.

But it would have fallen apart for her regardless; she thought herself smarter than she was and more fair than she was. The flashbacks to how she treated the informants and her own soldiers, on day 1, has Perry questioning her and the others begrudgingly going along with her orders. She was losing it before things even got started. Annoying, frustrating, illogical, those things were all done on purpose to show how people change into monsters. "If you turn into a monster, is it still you inside?" wasn't only about clickers and runners.

Back
Top Bottom