HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

So I watched the video gameplay on youtube and MUCH MUCH prefer that compared to this episode. Not sure why the season finale was the SHORTEST running episode. Only 43 minutes. Felt super rushed and incomplete.

Episide and now season one is a big “‘meh” to me. Not bad but they lost me the last few episodes.

This episode got back to the caliber of the rest of the season outside the previous 2

Seems like an obvious plot for season 2 now

Ellie def knew something was off

So I watched the video gameplay on youtube and MUCH MUCH prefer that compared to this episode. Not sure why the season finale was the SHORTEST running episode. Only 43 minutes. Felt super rushed and incomplete.

Episide and now season one is a big “‘meh” to me. Not bad but they lost me the last few episodes.
Hmm. I’m glad I didn’t play the game like others have said. I’d prefer not to be constantly be comparing the two

Overall it was a great season but I do feel you on certain aspects being rushed

My main gripe is that everyone died. I mean I get it- people would die in that reality but it sort of took away the surprise element. After the third episode I just assumed everyone new would die and they did

We tried to tell y'all.

Season gets a 6/10

Season is nowhere near a 6. That’s just review bombers all over again. I’m more attached to the game in most. Season is at least 8. Now I will be harder on season 2 cause Ellie is a whole different animal in part 2. So we will see

The video gamey stuff was the worst part of this episode. Everybody else had that storm trooper aim besides Joel :lol: That's why you don't compare the two or want them to be exactly the same thing.

I'd give the whole season a 9/10. I do wish they'd at least shown them walking towards town before the credits started rolling. Must have been like "sorry guys, we're out of money. that's a wrap."

Through 6 eps I had it rated very highly on the way to a classic

Then 7 and 8 happened- took some luster off

Finale was short but did the job- again without knowing the game

I’m giving 8.5/10 at least
Wait you didn’t like episode 8?

Easily top 3 episode of the season.

Wait you didn’t like episode 8?

Easily top 3 episode of the season.
It didn’t hit for me. The big reveal of eating humans has been done before, it wasn’t that shocking

Felt like they rushed through that camps deaths to the main bad dudes

The other eps got more emotion out of me

Hearing who played one of the nurses that Joel spared. Wouldn't it be something if they deviated a bit from the game and...

made one of them Abby

Oh no.
This Man Joel, he just went 30-30 with the kill shots.
Ellie better not ever find out what he did.
He’d lose her then.

Finale was perfection.
I guess it “could have been longer”, but ahit man, they got their point across.
They dotted all T’s and crossed all I’s

Last edited:
No one to blame but herself.. her whole convo with Joel shoulda told her she wasn’t ready with just them 2 dudes

As someone who puts the game top 3 of all time, I could see why the finale didn’t hit the non gamers the same.

We build this bond with Ellie and Joel for 25+ hours? We see the bond between them during that span. Vs 6 maybe 7 hours during the show?

But as a whole work, the season is tops for me.

S2 is going to piss me off all over again :lol:

Poor Joel - straight cold-blooded.

Doctor didn’t stand a chance :lol:

Good finale.

0ADCF2AB-C39E-4AFF-A2B3-FB25D37B7E13.jpeg

Wanted more with the finale (I never played the game)

I know they’ve overcome a lot, but felt like joel turned into john wick there in the hospital.

Back
Top Bottom