HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

6.5/8 on the season for me. Very solid yet rushed too often. I get why the finale was rushed tho; putting him in the situation where he doesn't have time to process what's happening and he knows he needs to act... he does what he needs to and doesn't hesitate. I'd have preferred we got a long shot of his working through the hospital but maybe that's too much for the sets being used.

Season 2, when it gets here, is going to be insane.

The thing I didn’t like about the finale was the dialogue between Joel and Ellie afterwards on their hike.. that just felt awkward
I felt the same way, but for their dialogue the whole episode. I get the experience prior is traumatic as hell but there were times where it lowkey got creepy. Joel became a little too sensitive to Ellie, perhaps by design of the writers leading to what eventually ended up unfolding. Love the series, but I thought season one didn’t end as smooth as I hoped.

Joel legit like every saiyan after a near death experience. Mans get a senzu bean or some **** and comes out even more OP :lol:

Loved the first season and I didn’t play the game :pimp:

HBO hasn’t missed on a Sunday night since HOTD aired so whatever comes next on the slate, I’ll def be tuning in.

Season was 9/10 for me.

Geeked for season two. Season had so many highs. Knew how to pull on the heart strings. Only real criticism is maybe expand to twelve episodes and a lil more action.

Ever so slightly underwhelmed by the length of the finale... I felt it was a bit rushed... felt that they could have extended scenes here and there... but overall, I felt pretty satisfied with the entire season and the whole experience.

I was also pleasantly surprised they did the giraffe scene! Thought to myself "That CGI giraffe looks pretty good!"
Then I discover that it was! 😅
And, of course, it was needed to further their characters.
1678704874544.png

Joel's rampage felt slightly OTT. While I can understand his mindset, I guess they could have reduced the number of soldiers to make it feel a bit more 'realistic' and less Rambo-ey? But I'm nitpicking.

The ending, as it was in the game, was very controversial... and it'll be interesting to see the discussion of how it unfolded on a much bigger scale. 🤔

Anyway...
Cool touch.
1678697501218.png

396104537.jpg

😂

Last edited:
Joel legit like every saiyan after a near death experience. Mans get a senzu bean or some **** and comes out even more OP :lol:

Loved the first season and I didn’t play the game :pimp:

HBO hasn’t missed on a Sunday night since HOTD aired so whatever comes next on the slate, I’ll def be tuning in.

Have you started Perry Mason?

Not Sunday but it’s currently airing Mondays.

Pretty good imo.

Ashley Johnson (Ellie in game) was Cast as Ellie’s mom so i’m not sure where this came from… Maybe I missed it. Didn’t hear Abby at all 😂

Laura Bailey is in the end credits as the nurse - she is the voice of Abby in LOU2.

Neil Druckmann, one of the showrunners on the HBO series who also co-created the video games, confirms Bailey voiced one of the nurses in the operating room. The actress is now serving in that same capacity in the adaptation.

Season was enjoyable.

Mid but enjoyable.

Episodes 1, 3 & 5 were the standouts.

6.6/10 S1

Yeah, I'd definitely rate this season a 6 out of 8. I re-watched the first two episodes twice and then each one after was a one watch and done.

But time to get started on the re-master this weekend. Can't believe it's already been a decade since I've played it.

Season was 9/10 for me.

Geeked for season two. Season had so many highs. Knew how to pull on the heart strings. Only real criticism is maybe expand to twelve episodes and a lil more action.
agreed.

they skipped the basement scene from the game!

Things would have been so different had Marlene told Ellie the truth and let her decide. I guess she underestimated Ellie cuz Ellie would have been ok with sacrificing herself. Of course, there was no way Marlene would have known this and probably didn't want to take the risk.

Instead, we're left with the Fireflies essentially murdering a child for a cure that wasn't guaranteed to work.

It was supposed to be. It was forced conversation.

Ellie is smarter than that, and Joel was trying to talk his way over her thoughts.

I could see that.. especially with how talkative Ellie usually is

Back
Top Bottom