HBO: The Last of Us (Season 2 is a go)...Sundays @ 9PM EST...Pedro Pascal&Bella Ramsey=Joel&Ellie...NO SPOILERS IF YOU'VE PLAYED THE GAMES

That episode didn’t end the way I thought it would.

😢

Endure and survive.

Hope and despair.

Do ya like the Southern twang Pascal exercises in a few scenes?

I just started Ep. 5. I really am turned off by Kathleen. She seems like a woman that called the cops on black and brown kids for being at the neighborhood pool before the outbreak.

Yep. Easily unlikable.

I dont eem know the characters name but i know EXACTLY who u talmbout.

That episode was GREAT.

Haven’t played the game. What’s up with that Big Dude? Without spoiling much?

It’s a bloater. They’ve been infected so long they evolve from the typical clicker to a more fungal type. The outside layer hardens completely which makes them able to withstand bullets. They have impaired hearing but extremely heighten senses. They’re fast and can kill you with one hit. In game the spew spores which causes infection. When you see one, flame them or run.

Back to the episode. This one was a huge welcome deviation from the game. Henry was more grounded and my Gawd man… Sam… he hit the heart strings big time.

10/10

Speaking of… For those that didn’t play the game. The tunnels they were in was occupied by a guy named ISH… They threw a nod to ish with the drawing on the wall that is also in the game. The story of ISH and what happened down there is downright heartbreaking. In the game you find out by reading the journals left behind. Man it was a tough section mentally to get through, just sad.

Wow, what an episode. We keep saying this, but it really was a hell of an episode.

The feels hit me again, even though I knew what was gonna happen. For a min, I thought they were gonna change it up and have Henry get bitten. But also, so many Easter Eggs in this episode... the underground area, the football/soccer goal, the comic, just to name a few! So good.

I love that they showed this...
animation - 2023-02-11T171342.348.gif

animation - 2023-02-11T172654.364.gif

Wifey was like when she saw the “child clicker”

“Ya know the Clickers never bothered me until it was a child…..:stoneface: that was just creepy…jus nope!”

:lol: Bloaters are usually scary AF but yeahhhh that child Clicker had me shook.

It looks like S1 will indeed cover the entire first game and perhaps S2 will cover the whole second game. While every episode has been great, I worry that we're moving too fast through the story. I just think rushing through the content deprives us of some valuable world building. But, my guess is that if they continue at the current pace, HBO will throw a lot of money at them for a S3 that will be new material and open the world up a bit more. I'm sure there will be a lot of itching and moaning from purist fan boys about this though.

Also [puts on flamesuit] I think they really ought to consider casting Elliot Page as grown up Ellie in S2 given the what happened between him and the creators/game developers.

Back
Top Bottom