HBO The New Pope (Starring Jude Law & John Malkovich)

The project tells the story of the beginning of the Pontificate of Pius XIII, born Lenny Belardo (Law). He was a complex and conflicted character, so conservative in his choices as to border on obscurantism, yet full of compassion towards the weak and poor. This Pope is a man of great power who’s stubbornly resistant to the Vatican courtiers, unconcerned with the implications for his authority. During the series, Belardo will face losing those closest to him and the constant fear of being abandoned, even by his God. A man who is, however, not afraid of undertaking the millennial mission of defending that same God and the world representing Him.

jude-law.jpg

Already renewed for 2nd season.

Debuts on HBO January 15.

Alot of reviews up. Saying it's something so different it's mesmerizing you cant help but watch.

Last edited:
Somebody bump this with the early ep before the premiere date notice.

I'm eagerly awaiting this.

The show got great reviews and acclaim in Europe and has a 2nd season on the way. Kind of excited what it's all about.

The show got great reviews and acclaim in Europe and has a 2nd season on the way. Kind of excited what it's all about.

Europe got it first? hbo should've showed us some love too.

Yea HBO Europe has had it for a while and Sky(who they split the costs with) in Great Britain had it as well. I mean you have to understand the politics. This is a show that might not garner enough interest in the US where the catholic population isn't large. It was a way for HBO to hedge their costs and changes. My friend's dad caught the episodes that premiered in hbo Europe already and loved it so I have high hopes.

I'll be chill on this just cuz I got a few other shows (and movies) to catch up on and keep up with :lol:

Try to limit it to 2 or 3 eps a week.

Bruh this guy is a prick lol
When he was monologuing I was getting a Frank Underwood House of Cards vibe.

I loved it :lol:

Last edited:
When I saw a baby crawling over what's suppose to be a pile of corpses of other infants and then the Pope crawls out from under it I knew I was in for some all the way left field outside the box other **** :lol:

Europe got it first? hbo should've showed us some love too.
Yea HBO Europe has had it for a while and Sky(who they split the costs with) in Great Britain had it as well. I mean you have to understand the politics. This is a show that might not garner enough interest in the US where the catholic population isn't large. It was a way for HBO to hedge their costs and changes. My friend's dad caught the episodes that premiered in hbo Europe already and loved it so I have high hopes.
I follow a model on the gram and she was watching it on her story about a week ago around the time I saw the trailer and I was wondering how she was watching it 

She lives in Paris so it makes sense now 

Watched the first episode and I thought it was pretty good/funny. 

Back
Top Bottom