HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

As much as I love the show. I’d be cool if they ended it in one season.

I still think it’s the greatest comic related show we’ve ever seen (which is fitting considering it fathered a lot of the themes we love about the current generation of comics) and I’d like it to go out on top.

I still don’t know how to feel about last nights episode. While it was good and it answered a lot of questions I still felt a little disappointed. It could just be related to the CGI and lack of awe I kinda had for Dr. Manhattan but none the less I still love this show.

While I have no doubt another season would be a huge success, I kind of worry that it’s more room for error. This specific chapter of watchmen was able to fit in so perfectly with the source material I could see that getting harder with additional episodes.

Will the 7K members that take Dr. Manhattans powers even care about racism once the experience reality like he does? Does it make sense for one to become trans human and focus on human issues? Or will they become detached and that's why Dr. Manhattan let it happen?

Funny thing is if they're successful, I think they'll be actually like Dr. Manhattan and not give a damn about their little trivial race issue.

Only thing I'm not digging is buying the 7K have accomplished to even create a device that could transport doc against his will and another machine that can transfer his powers to them and kill him.

These dudes aint Ozy but I'll wait and see for how that plays out.

Last edited:
I think the 7k is ran by Veidt, who provided them with the tools to take his powers. He couldnt see this because of the same particles that surrounded the ring that was placed on his forehead.

And also, I don't think it was a coincidence that Doc explained to angela that he relatively speaking could transfer his powers to another person. I think somehow he left the bulk of his powers in that pool. That's why he was trying to get her to come in the pool with him.

Will the 7K members that take Dr. Manhattans powers even care about racism once the experience reality like he does? Does it make sense for one to become trans human and focus on human issues? Or will they become detached and that's why Dr. Manhattan let it happen?
Sounds like something OZY would plan.

Reactions: wr
Sounds like something OZY would plan.

I could see Ozy taking credit and at this point he views the Heavan Dr. Manhattan as a joke. He is literally a demon to the creation. He knows Doc personally and scoffs at Europians adoration of him.

Them making God a black woman would be nuts.
It would be a really cool event but I am against it. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing television but my objections are strictly personal.

If that happens my girl is gonna be on some "YASSSS GIRL", "BLACK GIRL MAGIC" ,"BLACK WOMEN SAVE THE DAY AGAIN", "DO YOUR THING SIS" steez, heavy. It gonna be worst than when a new Beyonce album drops, worst than when Michelle Obama's book dropped.

Part of me wants to see a sista floruish on that level but I gotta live with my girl for the next few weeks and deal with the boasting.

So Watchmen writers please ...
tenor.gif

It would be a really cool event but I am against it. Don't get me wrong, it would be amazing television but my objections are strictly personal.

If that happens my girl is gonna be on some "YASSSS GIRL", "BLACK GIRL MAGIC" ,"BLACK WOMEN SAVE THE DAY AGAIN", "DO YOUR THING SIS" steez, heavy. It gonna be worst than when a new Beyonce album drops, worst than when Michelle Obama's book dropped.

Part of me wants to see a sista floruish on that level but I gotta live with my girl for the next few weeks and deal with the boasting.

So Watchmen writers please ...
tenor.gif
Toxic

Problematic

#CancelRusty

I think the 7k is ran by Veidt, who provided them with the tools to take his powers. He couldnt see this because of the same particles that surrounded the ring that was placed on his forehead.
Yeah but Ozy unexpectedly got sent to Europa in 2009 without any warning.

He's a genius but how could he plan for Jon's return, him sending him away, running a white supremacist group in Tulsa and yet he didnt know the ****ty time he would spend on Europa?

Back
Top Bottom