HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

OH that aint ****.
You have to read his interview with GQ MAGAZINE.
That Man has had it.
But, he's been had it, and sounds like for good reason.
In his eyes his works have been wrecked, and his Good Name and what his comics meant to him are now associated with HOLLYWOODS version of his works.

Interesting to hear his reasoning and not just VARIETY's little excerpt.

yea.. dude aint happy with any adaptation of his work

but the show was the only one that got that these are just regular folks outside of one huge exception

I always wondered why they didn’t make this it’s own IP and stuff like that ^^^ adds to the confusion

Isn't a great deal of Moore's most celebrated work based on preexisting characters?
Technically but Moore came up working during a time where you had to use preexisting characters cuz at the time there was no room for independent comics and there wasn’t much of a market or money for it.

So he usually took lesser known heroes and changed them to fit the story he was telling. He changed so much for one story that’s basically how Watchmen came to be. They were originally the Charlton comics superheroes.

Moore would try to get independent stuff going and ownership of his stories but would get consistently screwed. By the 90s he gave up and swore not to work with DC again. He doesn’t work with Marvel for other reasons.

You know if I was in comics through the 80's to 2000's.

Working in anonymity for relative peanuts, only to see bastardised versions of your genre defining works
go on to make people billions of dollars

I think id also be pretty salty.

So I get it, he's clearly irrationally bitter about this.

Pretty sure he thinks he has magic powers too

Worships a snake god or something like that
Wait, y’all don’t follow the teachings of Glycon?

I don’t take much of what Alan Moore has to say seriously at this point. This is to be expected of him.

You know if I was in comics through the 80's to 2000's.

Working in anonymity for relative peanuts, only to see bastardised versions of your genre defining works
go on to make people billions of dollars

I think id also be pretty salty.

So I get it, he's clearly irrationally bitter about this.
The thing is, even if he endorsed any of these things and put his name on it, he’d get producer credits and a check. He’s just bitter and I wish people would stop asking for his opinions. He doesn’t even watch these things

Also when he deconstructs things it’s fine, but god forbid people connect super hero’s to white supremacy. That’s a bridge too far and unthinkable

This was a while ago player.

Things have changed 😂

I still **** with Set It Off!

FIGHT ME!
Set if Off and Jasons Lyric Jada > BOYZ in THE HOOD and Jerry McGuire Regina for sure.

Today, not even the same comparison.
Regina so fine these days.

Back
Top Bottom