HBO: "Watchmen"...Season 1 Discussion...Season 2 Up in the Air... :)

I didn’t care that much about the Angela character for it to end how it did. Otherwise, good finale. I wish there were another season since it finally got weird and interesting in the latter half of the season

Last edited:
I would assume they do the same. Jump the timeline a bit.
I’m fine with one season

Crazy reading that thread and seeing how many people are just learning these things happened.

This is one of the many stories of the reconstruction era after the civil war that white people weren’t taught and was intentionally buried.. Black progress is ALWAYS met with white resistance and destruction. In every single era up until today.

And it sucks...because Black voices never get the chance to speak on it, and are dismissed as playing victim or to get over it simply ignored or not given the platform. It took 100 years...HBO, a white director who just learned about the event and putting the medicine in the candy via a a beloved comic book vessel To get this out to a wide audience.

Recommend everyone to read parts of the 1619 project at least. That should be standard in all schools in the country.

Last edited:

Damn near cried reading this. Some days you just wonder what did we do to deserve this?

Damon Lindelof got inspiration for his Watchmen story after reading "The Case for Reparations" by Ta-Nehisi Coates and hearing for the first time about the 1921 Tulsa Massacre and the destruction of Black Wall Street.

https://www.rollingstone.com/tv/tv-features/watchmen-damon-lindelof-interview-896780/

"Those feelings coincided with me reading Ta-Nehisi Coates’ “The Case for Reparations,” which was an essay he wrote in The Atlantic that went viral. When I read it, it profoundly shook me. These things that I kind of knew, but didn’t want to think about or address, were there, presented in this incredibly passionate and beautiful and cogent way. And in the article, Coates mentioned the Tulsa massacre of 1921 and the existence and destruction of “Black Wall Street.” And I was like, “What’s that? I’ve never heard of that.” I looked it up, tried to find a book about it, and there was a book, but I had to buy a secondhand copy through Amazon. I read the book, and this was around the third time they came to me and asked if I wanted to do Watchmen. It all just sort of smashed into the supercollider of my inspiration."

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Almost gave up because of how slow it got after ep1 but I’m glad I didn’t. Great finale.

Speaking of Lindlehof, is this movie ever being released after the studio pulled it for mass shooting controversy and trump criticism?

Rewatched the finale and Ozy explaining to Trieu how the squid rain works is so foreshadowing.

Also the staff that carried Ozy statue out of the moduleand were in the room were all women. In ep 4 maybe, when Laurie Angela and Petey went to visit Trieu, Bian told Petey he couldn't go upstairs because it was women only allowed.

you gotta watch the 2009 watchmen movie

but if i remember he was at a lab and went to retrieve a watch from some sort of nuclear generator and got locked inside and his body was ripped apart

Oh yea, that was the play Ozy had the clones act out earlier on. Good look.

Back
Top Bottom