HBO: "Westworld"...Cancelled After 4 Seasons

Part of me thinks they're deading this story arc completely like AHS, and starting with a new park next season. Where can they really go from here? they ended every major mystery. Of course they can get petty and come through with some of the lesser important side missions, but for the most part, it already showed the full revolution and illumination.

And they still never told us where west world is located.

I'm sick as hell they killed off A.Hop and Ed. The two most talented actors on this joint. They can play the host angle for Ford..but..meh.

Last edited:
The park must be massive if there was a child on that monorail with her mom :nerd: .

I dont see how someone comes out of this series thinking Ford came out soft in the end

whether he really died or not

Last edited:
thought the finale was fantastic

I need to stop reading these threads until the season is fully over :lol: My mind damn near blew up when they showed Bernard was a robot. But knowing the William is the MIB theory before it happened kinda killed the WOW factor for me.

i thought it was cool that Ford was kind of the good guy the whole time. The show was really really well done.

Last edited:
Still don't understand what the Asian and goofy dudes reason was for not offing Maeve. Goofy dude really that scared of her ?? How easy would it have been for him to jus tell QA while she's in the Park that something ain't right

Still don't understand what the Asian and goofy dudes reason was for not offing Maeve. Goofy dude really that scared of her ?? How easy would it have been for him to jus tell QA while she's in the Park that something ain't right

Think it's gonna be addressed next season

Also :x wtf with that one dude beating his meat :smh:

Did you guys catch the scene after the credits?

It was with the Women with the Snake tattoo

Need to watch again.. but man, they toyed with my emotions..

Once it got to like 9:45-ish.. kept looking at the clock trying to see where they would things.. didn't expect the episode to be that long

Man.. didn't expect some of that

Did Maeve reach a new level of consciousness when she left the train? I think that was Ford's spiel about making decisions. Maeve's narrative was to escape, every decision was programmed into her. You finally made the decision on her own to stay (for a stupid reason imp).

the park is real now.

my complaint early on was that the park seemed too fake for someone to spend $45k fighting people you knew couldn't beat you. what's the fun when you're invincible and the girls can't say no.

it has changed now. i think people will still come, but it will be life or death, for everyone. instead of hunting lions from the safety of the cage, it'll be a most dangerous game.

now that the shackles are off, things will evolve. the question is if humans will still be a part of the new world.

Did Maeve reach a new level of consciousness when she left the train? I think that was Ford's spiel about making decisions. Maeve's narrative was to escape, every decision was programmed into her. You finally made the decision on her own to stay (for a stupid reason imp).
i think so. her memory and the associated emotion won out over her programming in a very human weakness type of way.

Last edited:
Well, the hosts can beat you. You just don't die. Didn't understand how when teddy shot black bill in the first episode, he wasn't fazed and in this episode he got knocked to the ground.

Still have to do my customary 2nd watch, but the finale underwhelmed a bit for me. But still an amazing show. Not sure where the story can go from here though. In the post-show discussion Jon Nolan said that if season 1 was about control then season 2 is about chaos.

I do think that was a Host version of Ford that was killed. When he shook hands with Bernard and they zoom in on the hands was kind of obvious. Also did they show MIB actually getting killed? From what I remember they just showed him getting shot in the arm. Although, I can definitely see the "need" to kill off both of their characters. Big ticket actors like that don't typically do TV, even if it's flagship HBO. So a one-and-done wouldn't exactly be a surprise.

What happened to Elsie and Stubbs? Unless they play a huge part in a big 2nd season reveal then I don't see a reason to not at least touch on them in the final episode.

i think so. her memory and the associated emotion won out over her programming in a very human weakness type of way.
I don't think it was her choice to leave the train. When Bernard was going through all the aspects of her "Escape" narrative, he said something like "And when you finally make it to the train, you..." and Maeve cuts him off before he can finish. He could've been about to say that she leaves to find her daughter.

Last edited:

bless up, that is fun!

From here it seems it'll be the somewhat even more typical robot apocalypse scenario which I abhor.

A bit disappointed in Ford being soft in the end and claiming he realized his mistake. Son ended up being a pure misanthrope. Groomed the hosts to know their enemy in order to kill them for over 30 years. Still gotta blame the dumb Asian dude and dumber white guy. Fools that'll doom their own kind if they aint killed.

coming from the og movie, it would be more expected for it to end up being just a slightly more ambitious humans v. hosts battle in westworld where maybe the delos group comes in to try to reclaim the park, but even that could be interesting; they never really go into detail how or even if the hosts can make the distinction between humans & hosts and it doesn't appear the humans are able to, so i that could possibly play out in the confines of the park

still don't know what to think of how the whole 'grooming the hosts' played out, i don't really buy it...was this always the endgame (hosts taking control of westworld) or was this solely to preempt the power movie made by the board? what would have happened if dolores didn't 'figure out' the maze to 'become' wyatt? if in fact ford was altering mauve, was the clueless tech thing even necessary to her eventual going rogue? given these questions, i have more appreciation for how the man in black plot played out, it seems it wasn't that william was so enamored w/a robot girl, moreso the allure of the possibility of that world (through delores and the maze, which still isn't obvious to me what he saw that clued him into her being 'different' and as such the key to getting deeper in the game of westworld?)

Part of me thinks they're deading this story arc completely like AHS, and starting with a new park next season. Where can they really go from here? they ended every major mystery. Of course they can get petty and come through with some of the lesser important side missions, but for the most part, it already showed the full revolution and illumination.

And they still never told us where west world is located.

I'm sick as hell they killed off A.Hop and Ed. The two most talented actors on this joint. They can play the host angle for Ford..but..meh.

there are quite a few places for this show to go even if they don't decide to dead this particular cast & story...as ambiguously convoluted as this season is/was, it was still pretty entertaining, and as as long as the budget, cast, design & performances are done at a high level there doesn't seem to be a limit to where they could go because there are a ton of questions about the world created thus far...there is much we don't know, like to what extent the hosts are aware? if so, would they all be automatically against humans? and the hosts still are pieces hardware & software that still would malfunction and need repairing

:rofl: @ Asian dude thinking he was a robot

definitely! one of the few genuinely comedic moments in the series

Think it's gonna be addressed next season

i wonder if that is necessary though, to be honest, i'd rather not go down that road, i think they were trying to paint him as an ambitious, naive person caught up in that ambition to parallel all the other stories with that same theme of ambition, but perhaps some of his story was cut out that would clearly cement that or they just didn't think it necessary to go into detail; either way it felt unnecessary to even have those dudes be kinda central to maeve, when they could have at easily decided not go along or presumably another lab tech/security could have spotted what they had done...

who knows??? both her & dolores' supposed consciousnesses seem to be a means to ford's ends not really their own; was it really their decision or ford's programming? benard sorted hinted at this when he was explaining how mauve motives weren't her own, of course the lab tech's note on the whereabouts of her 'daughter' and the placement of a mother a daughter across from her on the train out, seem intended to cloud that conclusion...similarly was delores just playing out her 'wyatt' storyline or did she actually have real agency? the only real difference in westworld might just be that now the strictures on the hosts as it pertains to how they relate to humans are removed...

While ford was narrating that scene, newton made her "decision" just as ford said something along the line of "you can make your decisions"

bruh meave's whole storyline was absolute trash.  

all that shhhh she we had to listen to this whole series and she just hops off the train. what a waste of time.

she is the manchester united of westworld

all that shhhh she we had to listen to this whole series and she just hops off the train. what a waste of time.

The whole Maeve stuff was to create a diversion so that ford could get his group of robot warriors out of cold storage.

There is some pretty interesting **** on reddit right now about Ford and others...

OMG 30 min after the end I just managed to understand that the Maeve plot was only a diversion to allow all the hosts in cold storage to leave

Did you guys notice the attention paid to Ford's hand during the handshake scene with Bernard? And the reference to the old hosts being given away by a simple handshake? That was host Ford getting shot y'all.

Seems like Elsie is still alive

Yo :wow: I didn't even notice that.

Did anyone else hear a beep when ford shook Bernard's hand?

When Maeve made her move of exiting the train, that was the last chance for anyone to escape, the park shut down at that point...like someone else said, season 1 was about control, 2 will be about chaos....meaning those humans stuck in Westworld will have to fight their way out....I do believe a few hosts now with consciousness will make their own decisions to help humans out...I see that with Bernard, Teddy and Maeve....although hosts are strong, not all of them are super hosts, only a couple of them, so they can easily be killed just like humans....and humans won't be there to reset them back obviously....also I do believe Tessa's character did get a chance to sneak out Dolores OG dad out the park with all the data....I'm just happy the show has been renewed at least for 2 more seasons, 1st seasons are always a crap shoot capturing the audience...so getting renewed is a victory for me and I can't wait to see where the story goes

The whole Maeve stuff was to create a diversion so that ford could get his group of robot warriors out of cold storage.

So Man U is just a diversion so Chelsea could bounce back and win the league? :nerd:

the park is real now.

my complaint early on was that the park seemed too fake for someone to spend $45k fighting people you knew couldn't beat you. what's the fun when you're invincible and the girls can't say no.

it has changed now. i think people will still come, but it will be life or death, for everyone. instead of hunting lions from the safety of the cage, it'll be a most dangerous game.

now that the shackles are off, things will evolve. the question is if humans will still be a part of the new world.

I assume that westworld is a park that is on earth. I'm not a mars theorist, but given that I would assume that unless their communication outside of that park has been cut off, worse comes to worse, they could just nuke the park.

And I wouldn't pay $40k a day unless I could shoot and **** robot broads without the risk of dying.

It's really only worse for the hosts because in the grand scheme of things, there are more humans than hosts. And now that everyone can kill each other, once a host goes down, nobody will repair them. Unless Bernard teaches them fools how to work on each other, which I doubt. But it'll probably play out that way.

And if that's the case, any host that was taken down would just get repaired.

The best time to go to westworld was 30 years ago when you could smash all you wanted without the risk of a ***** ripping ya **** off

Last edited:
When Maeve made her move of exiting the train, that was the last chance for anyone to escape, the park shut down at that point...like someone else said, season 1 was about control, 2 will be about chaos....meaning those humans stuck in Westworld will have to fight their way out....I do believe a few hosts now with consciousness will make their own decisions to help humans out...I see that with Bernard, Teddy and Maeve....although hosts are strong, not all of them are super hosts, only a couple of them, so they can easily be killed just like humans....and humans won't be there to reset them back obviously....also I do believe Tessa's character did get a chance to sneak out Dolores OG dad out the park with all the data....I'm just happy the show has been renewed at least for 2 more seasons, 1st seasons are always a crap shoot capturing the audience...so getting renewed is a victory for me and I can't wait to see where the story goes

It's also possible that some of fords robot army got on the train and left the park before it shut down as well.

Back
Top Bottom